What would you change of Tulpa.info?

Pioneer11

Browsing the forum I encountered many discussions dealing with its content and its users. I’m sure everybody that participated in the community has formed an opinion of it. I would like to start a thread that focuses on sharing your thoughts on your experiences so far. I would like to see you express what you feel openly, be it dissatisfaction on a certain topic or a suggestion for something little talked about. Maybe this will help the community grow even better.

What do you like about the tulpa community?

What bothers you about it?

Is there something that you would change or want to discuss more?

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

Well. We all love this community. This is an awesome place were we can be ourselves. Something that bothers me is that... With all the respect for all the admins, is that... There are rules that don't let Vris wrote as she has written since she learned to write. That's the only thing I would change. That if tulpae have a particular writing way, that they should let them write that way. Besides that everything is perfect. :D

~L. ♠️

Guest Anonymous

I think the forums/site should put more emphasis on how much of a big deal tulpas are. How important it is to take your time, think things through, making people understand that this is a lifetime commitment and not something you can do after finding a waifu/watching MLP or finishing the last Five Nights at Freddy in your Steam library. The age barrier doesn't mean much in all honesty, anyone can fake their ages (which is not something the site is to be blamed for at all, but most kids will bypass that kind of stuff anyway). Making people understand that a tulpa is not something you can; neglect, shove in a wonderland, make live in a wonderland entirely (because this has some correlation with how autonomous, sentient, real overall a tulpa is), just dismiss at any moment; is essential in my opinion.

The staff, team, whatever you want to call it, getting themselves involved when there is an issue. Not only standing there WAITING for issues to happen, but more like intervening before/when the issue happens, putting a stop to it, etc, would definitely bring down the drama that happens in chatrooms and the forums. Not taking sides, not acting in the favor of this or that member (remaining impartial in moderation is key) is ideal too.

Other than that, there's nothing much, but I'd like to emphasize on my first point more than the second. People NEED to understand that a tulpa isn't your average 'imaginary' friend (and boy do I know tulpas who would get all frustrated over the usage of 'imaginary', it's like a racial discussion if you ever had it), that it doesn't just exist based on whether you feel like it or not, that a tulpa isn't just a hand you can hold ONLY when you need it, but a hand YOU need to hold as well when they need it. That it's like, yes, it's like having a kid but a mature one, on the level of responsibilities, while they're not material, it's pretty mind-stressing and a lot needs to be done.

I believe that a community is what you put into it, and that you should be the change that you want to see in the community. There are a few topics I wouldn't mind seeing discussed more, but I figure that's my fault for not bringing them up.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

I would like to see better recognition of the "non-sentient" tulpa option. The prevailing view is that tulpas are sentient entities. Not all of us follow that view. Those that have the view that tulpas are non-sentient active imagination should not feel ostracized or like the black sheep. It is a science forum after all for discussion of all ideas related to the phenomenon. Every time I mention non-sentience, and I do a lot, I feel like a pariah and have a sense that dozens of unfriendly eyes are prepared to skewer me with mind daggers. Is that just my imagination? Everyone is actually very friendly really. We do have a special board set aside for metaphysics. Why not a board for discussion of the non-sentient thoughtforms viewpoint? Wait, forget that idea. Being marginalized into a "special section" may not be so fancy or helpful. I don't want to have to move to the back of the room because I don't say the Tulpa-Sentience Pledge of Allegiance.

It seems that most threads deal specifically with new members and tulpa creation process questions. These are often answered well by members that are a little bit further in. Later on though, these members get upset about something or get far enough along that they do not need the forum anymore so they simply leave.

I would like to see more discussion concerning more advanced topics like switching or possession and metaphysical or philosophical ideas (I use metaphysical in the sense of fundamental nature rather than the bizzare definition in this forum). I think mistgod's dilemma illustrates this well (I never understood the issue with things like sentience, since it is only the ability to experience, and not the ability to reason or think independently like some people presume.). It gets to the point each person comes up with some mindset that works for them and their tulpa microcosm. Anything that upsets that is taboo, or, God forbid, offensive.

I liken this community to a young child who has just discovered egotistical subjectivism. I would like to see it move past this, but it is a difficult roadblock that few people want to push, or even try to address. Any time something like that does come up, the thread disappears in the forum because nobody knows what to do with it (all that anyone knows is what they experience). In other words, I wish experienced tulpamancers would push themselves to think about the process in different ways, and to share those insights.

Also, we should also try to be more concise...I am guilty of text walls too.

Unless you believe, you shall not understand.

It gets to the point each person comes up with some mindset that works for them and their tulpa microcosm.

This statement is pretty much perfect.

I could maybe shake things up with the more high level discussion material, I just normally let things be because everyone likes to live with their suspension of disbelief. Not that many interested in gaining a true understanding of how things work, it's impractical and uncomfortable.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.