Question for those who did not puppet or parrot!

Yori

Hello! A really quick question. If you consider yourself having not puppeted or parroted, and your tulpa is showing signs of sentience or communicating with you at this point, what did you do doing narration?

Did you simply imagine them sitting or standing there?

This may seem like a dumb or simple question, but a few or more answers of "Yes, I did imagine my tulpa simply listening to me before they began giving answers or signs" or, "No, I imagined nothing standing/sitting/being there" would really help me. I've told myself, "Just do it, just narrate while imagine her simply being there" but.... yeah I'm stuck.

Please, only answers to the question. I don't want to wade through a bunch of "Yes Yori do that/encouragement" or "No Yori you should ____" text. This is the question I've needed answered.

My lip hurts.

Well since you don't want any explanation, "No."

No Yori you should _____. You have to train your brain to make your tulpa actually answer you. If you never expect or work for responses, you won't get any. You don't have to purposely imagine your tulpa saying or doing things, just let it happen and don't doubt them. Yes you will most likely be making some of it up, though most of the time it really will just be your imagination attempting to do what you've told it. You pretty much have to do this. Intend for your tulpa to speak, intend to get responses. Accept that your tulpa is trying to speak, even if sometimes you put words in their mouth or imagine them saying things they normally wouldn't. Over time you and your brain will get used to how your tulpa really should speak, and it'll smooth out a lot.

No need to parrot or puppet, just intend for them to do things and let it happen. Don't worry about whether it's you or them speaking, they have to learn regardless.

You know, when a baby first learns to talk, it doesn't go "Oh, I've got it! This "Momma" thing I can do with my mouth, it refers to my milk slave and calls her to me! I shall use it for its intended purpose!" It's actually just the baby copying the sound their mom makes all the time. They probably aren't even thinking about it, just instinctively trying to copy their mother. Same with other words. All that "baby talk" eventually associates sounds with objects, and the baby learns to do the same.

Now that's not quite how tulpas work, but it's similar. Just because your tulpa isn't 100% for sure clearly and deliberately saying something, doesn't mean it's not part of the process of learning. They might sound kind of like you at first, say random things you don't quite understand, or sound totally vocal randomly. It's all part of learning how to speak for them. And for you, really, because it's you teaching your brain more than them teaching themselves. You have to let things happen and not worry too much, lest you inhibit progress. Don't take anything too seriously as they probably aren't in a good position to make serious statements before being clearly vocal, but if your tulpa says "I love you" it's not the end of the world if you accept that maybe it was them.

Yes Yori do that/encouragement.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'll be bold and say that I think, for optimum results, you should imagine your tulpa during narration. Not to say that you can't pull it off without imagining, but it helps. In my opinion, it helps direct your thoughts to your tulpa, not only so the tulpa can receive the thoughts, but also so you don't question whether or not your tulpa is getting what you're saying. My host did this, and it helped prevent doubt for him. So I recommend it, as I feel it can only help. In the early days though, I had a difficult time visualizing Al, so I gave him a temporary form of a ball of light that would just float around in empty space. That way I could focus my efforts on narrating to him rather than struggling to visualize his form.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

Well since you don't want any explanation, "No."

No Yori you should _____. You have to train your brain to make your tulpa actually answer you. If you never expect or work for responses, you won't get any. You don't have to purposely imagine your tulpa saying or doing things, just let it happen and don't doubt them. Yes you will most likely be making some of it up, though most of the time it really will just be your imagination attempting to do what you've told it. You pretty much have to do this. Intend for your tulpa to speak, intend to get responses. Accept that your tulpa is trying to speak, even if sometimes you put words in their mouth or imagine them saying things they normally wouldn't. Over time you and your brain will get used to how your tulpa really should speak, and it'll smooth out a lot.

No need to parrot or puppet, just intend for them to do things and let it happen. Don't worry about whether it's you or them speaking, they have to learn regardless.

You know, when a baby first learns to talk, it doesn't go "Oh, I've got it! This "Momma" thing I can do with my mouth, it refers to my milk slave and calls her to me! I shall use it for its intended purpose!" It's actually just the baby copying the sound their mom makes all the time. They probably aren't even thinking about it, just instinctively trying to copy their mother. Same with other words. All that "baby talk" eventually associates sounds with objects, and the baby learns to do the same.

Now that's not quite how tulpas work, but it's similar. Just because your tulpa isn't 100% for sure clearly and deliberately saying something, doesn't mean it's not part of the process of learning. They might sound kind of like you at first, say random things you don't quite understand, or sound totally vocal randomly. It's all part of learning how to speak for them. And for you, really, because it's you teaching your brain more than them teaching themselves. You have to let things happen and not worry too much, lest you inhibit progress. Don't take anything too seriously as they probably aren't in a good position to make serious statements before being clearly vocal, but if your tulpa says "I love you" it's not the end of the world if you accept that maybe it was them.

Yes Yori do that/encouragement.

I have to imagine them doing something or being there even if I'm not parroting. This was basically a yes if you take out the assumption that I'd reject their responses or not look out for any. See? Confusing.

@i break games

Yes, this makes sense.. Sorry about the pm. I'm on a phone and somehow did that by accident. How long were you narrating to your Tulpa before you got unexpected responses? A few months?

My lip hurts.

Guest Anonymous

^

You can cancel PMs by going to your Tracking options in the UserCP thing, and canceling the PM in the 'Sent PMs' box.

Yes, this makes sense.. Sorry about the pm. I'm on a phone and somehow did that by accident. How long were you narrating to your Tulpa before you got unexpected responses? A few months?

Well, I narrated to Al for about a month. I did a lot of forcing personality, and reminiscing about the future. After that, I encouraged Al to start speaking, and with some effort he quickly started to become vocal. It took a lot of concentration to hear his voice, and it sounded similar to mine, but it was his voice none the less. It took a while for me to get truly different responses, because his responses didn't really seem that surprising, and at first I'd hear his thoughts about what he wanted to say, then he'd be saying it in mindvoice. But before he was vocal, we had one moment in particular where Al gave an unexpected thought to the "black box" game. He and I have speculated, however, that he could have existed beforehand which explains his rapid growth. Either that or LinkZelda's hypnosis scripts really accelerated our progress ten fold.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.