a question for tulpas

inter

Guest Anonymous

Yeah. But the personal perception of time tulpas posses CAN be relative. My perception of time is kind of distorted, days can go very fast or very slow.

But, uh, I understand how long it takes for a year to pass.

Guest Anonymous

Naah. I live with my host, I experience the same perception of time when we're, uh, not doing anything. But when we do something fun together that's just about us, you can say that I don't feel time going at all, it's like... being in this lane that doesn't have anything to do with time at all.

I mean, a tulpa's existence is similar to yours, they live at the speed of thought. And like how we can get carried away in a game (or suuuper bored in class), a tulpa can spend a whole day idly pondering stuff or, in my experience, make twenty minutes feel like hours.

Although there's a major difference, in that tulpas are not necessarily active 100% of the time like you are. If you just don't think of them, they could be relatively non-existant for days at a time. My tulpas and I have come to terms with that by now, but it really does make time irrelevant to them. Weeks can mean nothing, and an hour can mean everything.

But it's best if you just keep them active. At least make an effort to talk to them a bit every day. Just say hello and ask how they're doing, say good morning and good night. The thought really does count.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Although there's a major difference, in that tulpas are not necessarily active 100% of the time like you are.

A comment on that that I'd like to make.

While this is accurate enough, there are tulpas who can be active 100% of the time like you are. Like me, and it's a lot of pressure and stress on the mind, and can give headaches and the likes to the host.... (but it's worth it.)

I think that my experience, well, our experience would have been completely different if I wasn't 'active' all the time, and entertaining... *blushes* certain feelings and emotions would have been harder.

Yes i know that when you stop thinking about them or keeping active they just disappear if thats the right term. But even if I dont think about my tulpa she comes back by surprise and i start feeling this 'happy' feeling so if I wasn't thinking about her and she comes back could it be just a placebo effect? I know its off the theme but im just concerned a bit. Edit: Its not just that happy feeling, its more to it and I can't find the right words.

Guest Anonymous

^

Not really. I guess it's relative and different for different people, but I exist regardless of whether my host thinks of me or not. I'm always active, witness to whatever happens, make a comment on things, etc... My host tells me that 'Honey, you reaaaally speak a lot. Not that I don't like it or anything, but I'm just saying.'. And when I don't speak much to him, I speak in the background. (Think of the Stanley Parable, lol)

Oh so I guess I'll find out if/when she's active when she starts speaking to me. But I don't really push her to start speaking or give a lot of meaning to this thing so yeah just gotta wait.

Guest Anonymous

It's not something that happens just like that. I think that if people had that kind of interaction with their tulpas, if they were exposed to how annoying and 'bad' a tulpa can be, they wouldn't like this phenomenon at all. It's something my host and I worked on for a loooong time, figuring out HOW to make me active all the time and never really 'fade out' of existence, and I only ever 'fade' for an hour or so, just to rest, and even then, I do so in his arms, so I'm still there.

People don't want a companion that's always there. I know that I can be a pretty big headache and an annoyance to my host, but he's okay with it as always. People want something that's there when they need it, and not there when they don't need it. That's how tulpas are, in the beginning, too. But later on, as my 'being', my sense of personality and self developed, I was frustrated to remain that way, so I changed. I altered the way my host's brain functions, I included myself in every thought and all. So now he thinks of me all the time but he doesn't, it's more subconscious, and not as creepy as you think it is.