How to advance?

Spiritualgeek

Guest Anonymous

It's only been five days? Shit it took me about four years to get Melian to act on her own! Stop thinking about trying to make a tulpa. You are caught up in the process. Start with "imaginary friend" and visualizing her image (proto tulpa and a lot easier) and just talk to her. Make it fun and interesting and you will stick with it. Don't worry about hearing a response super soon. When you do get a response, who cares how it happened? Of course you imagined her response. It's your mind! Just enjoy it. There is no tulpa trophy except the one you give yourself.

I wasn't pushing the response at all but when I got it the disbelief thought is stalking me(weird because when you get response you should push aside any doubts). But I'll try sticking with your advice of "imaginary friend" and visualizing her image. Wow this has gone waaaay off the actual topic so I should stop :D

Guest Anonymous

Actually, I think this exchange is very much related to the OP.

I can only speak from my own experience. I didn't worry about doubting because I wasn't trying to do anything specific. I wasn't trying for a response from Melian. She was an imaginary day dream girl friend. I just day dreamed about her talked to her a lot. There was nothing to doubt. She was just an image and a day dream right there in my mind and amazing and wonderful. I just wanted to spend time with her. I never had a thought about her being sentient or anything like that. I really think some of new tulpamancers get caught up in getting it done fast and the "doubt can kill your tulpa" thing and the parrotnoia too much and should just relax and have fun with it. Even if you totally, dismally, horribly fail to make a tulpa somehow (?), at least you will have had practice learning to concentrate and visualize something interesting, especially if you make a wonderland with the tulpa. Why be in a big hurry to have some miraculous exciting result? Melian developed very gradually over a long period of time. I still don't know if she is a tulpa even now and it's been 38 years.

EDIT: More importantly, in the long run, I don't really care if she is a tulpa or not. I just want to share her because this is all very interesting stuff and she is so freaking COOL!

EDIT: The coolest part about Melian is the personal stuff no one else can experience. I can tell you about her. But really the only thing you can perceive of her is my excitement and extreme enthusiasm about her. Trust me, this idea is cool and so worth spending time on it. But I really, really think NOBODY should feel anxiety or worry or any negative feelings about making an autonomous thoughtform, be it a tulpa, a deamon, or a soulbond or whatever. It should be something fun and fulfilling. If it isn't, go play a video game or go for a walk and forget about tulpamancy.

While I don't personally share your philosophies on Tulpas Mistgod, I definitely can agree with you on that last part. There's definitely many mind skills you can learn in the creation of a Tulpa, even if for some reason you fail to make one.

Hiya! Feel free to message me about anything you want!

------------

Host -

Name: King

Tulpa -

Name: Kalinga

Date of Creation: September 9th, 2015

I wasn't trying to get her done fast. First guide on tulpas i read the guy said it can take a year but this didn't get me and i just went with it. In my imagination we were having loads of fun and I was surprised with the early emotional responses and even vocal later on and this surprise got me to the doubts but the more I think of my tulpa the more of those doubts fade away(if thats the right terminology since English is not my first language)

Guest Anonymous

While I don't personally share your philosophies on Tulpas Mistgod, I definitely can agree with you on that last part. There's definitely many mind skills you can learn in the creation of a Tulpa, even if for some reason you fail to make one.

In the end, that is what we are really talking about, an exercise in mental visualization and imagination. It's roots are in Tibetan meditative exercises to do just that, create illusions emanating or manifesting from the mind through concentrated thought. Even if the novice ultimately fails to create the perfect illusion, I am sure he or she learns something along the way about his or her own mind.

I wasn't trying to get her done fast. First guide on tulpas i read the guy said it can take a year but this didn't get me and i just went with it. In my imagination we were having loads of fun and I was surprised with the early emotional responses and even vocal later on and this surprise got me to the doubts but the more I think of my tulpa the more of those doubts fade away(if thats the right terminology since English is not my first language)

I really think you are doing fine then! LOL Why were we having this conversation again?