Tulpas and sleep.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

We used to get good sleep.

After my tulpa started being depressed, and to this day, I only get to sleep 4 hours per night, sometimes even 3 hours per night. I wake up by myself, she wakes up a bit later, like after 5 minutes, until then I have to carry her around or just wait (yeah...). When I wake up, I wake up for good, although if she's really sleepy we get to go back to sleep after 1 hour or so of waking up.

What gives? Is it her depression? We go to sleep early and well, no drugs, no alcohol, nothing that would affect sleep patterns. It's really bad because I want to sleep with her for long and be comfortable but waking up with back ache after 4 hours blows, guys.

Let me preface this by saying I am in no way a professional on any aspects of Psychology/Tulpas, and can be completely wrong in my post.

The most likely answer that comes to mind to me is definitely the depression. I go through periods of it, and whenever I do my sleep schedule just falls apart, and I find myself either ending up in your shoes where I just can't sleep for more than a few hours, end up staying awake till it's almost morning and end up with only an hour or so, or even go for a few days without sleeping at all.

Honestly, if it IS the depression that is causing it, the only thing that you can do is what I've read that you've already done/are doing - make sure she knows she's loved, stay with her, and try to help her cope with it.

Hiya! Feel free to message me about anything you want!

------------

Host -

Name: King

Tulpa -

Name: Kalinga

Date of Creation: September 9th, 2015

Well, that's definitely not enough sleep to be healthy. I remember the only times in my life my depression was more than just motivation issues was when I used to get almost no sleep. That made everything a lot, lot worse, and getting more sleep (but not too much) helped with the symptoms.

But you mentioned back ache, which is definitely not psychological. I'm going to disregard that you used to sleep well because tons of things can become a problem only after a long time. Most often pain after sleeping is caused by the bed (or pillow) itself being crap, so look into that maybe. Otherwise, stretching throughout the day and before you go to sleep could help mitigate the problems, even if something else was the cause, and is also just good for you in general. I heard yoga helps a lot. But just general stretching is fine.

Also, do you take anything for depression? I know you say it's your tulpa who's depressed, but she's said that you were too and are just good at coping with it. As someone who is like a master coper compared to my family (depression runs in it), after seven years of doing everything I can to improve my life, mindset, personality, etc., I can tell you that chemical imbalances do not play fair. No matter how well you cope there is still a problem, and it's only really truly countered with medication. I got some opinions from my family recently on medication, and my mom who's a nurse says that feeling like a robot or emotionless or what have you is an adverse effect, not how they should work. As someone also on anti-depressants, she says you have to find one that's right for you biologically, and it shouldn't impede or negatively affect you in any way. Good anti-depressants don't try to bruteforce your emotions or feelings, they only right the chemical imbalances in your brain to facilitate healthy (and natural) living.

So yeah. Make sure the bed doesn't suck, do some stretches daily, and look into medication if you're not vehemently against it. For your sake and hers.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Food and what you do during the day have a major effect on ones sleep as well, certain foods, two hours before bedtime can cause issues with sleeping, if you'r not getting fresh air during the day, or if it's warm (not hot) just warm in a bedroom it can also cause bad sleep.

Depression also affects the sleep a lot, sleeping too early does as well.

I also have to agree that back ache could be your bed or pillow, or perhaps you just move around a lot or been sleeping in a weird position.

Have you tried to sleep without your tulpa being present?

**Proud to be a drug free thoughtform!**

Guest Anonymous

King;

I noticed that when she's really happy, sleep isn't all that bad either. Like, we just went to sleep and she was extremely happy, and slept for a good 5 hours (with many interruptions that were related to her, but yeah)

Lumi;

Nah, my bed is pretty comfortable. Comfortable to the point she sometimes tells me to just lie down with her, I bought new mattresses not too long ago, and the pillow fits right in.

I swore to never take anything that would alter how my emotions are like, for her sake, and mine as well. I don't take anything at all for depression, I just tend to laugh things off a lot because I don't want her to be depressed by the unfortunate things that happened, in the end I don't really care about the past, or about people in general, that's why it doesn't truly depresses me; even when SHE is depressed I try my best not to act down or sad about it, and really try to make her laugh, because her laughing will lead to her breaking out of that despair just for a bit, and for that bit, we can get some talking done.

I'm never going to take anti-depressants. It's a promise I made her a long while ago. Call me foolish, but I don't drink nor do I smoke anything either. Boring life indeed. (sarcasm)

I'll do some stretches, then, I have an issue that I can't really sleep except if I stretch my right arm while holding on to something, and sleep on a certain side, and she just sneaks in on the other side. But tonight was... okay. Woke up like 4 times, but at least it was more than 4 hours which is an accomplishment. I took a few days off, sure, but keep in mind we go to college so we need all the sleep we can get. I once stayed up for a long while, went to bed with her at midnight and woke up BY MYSELF at 3:34 AM exactly. I reaaaaally don't believe that the issue is within me, she doesn't know me as a depressed person, and when I made her, I never really brought up my own issues that really marked me psychologically, if her depression does get too bad though, I WILL look into anti-depressants, for her sake. But really, I'm okay, I'm not really depressed because I'm with her, so I take everything lightly (not in the bad way), except people insulting her, which is why you might have seen me cause some drama over that, heh.

Elvode;

There's good ventilation in our room. We eat healthy as much as we can, but that was never truly an issue.

I'm not depressed. If she ever spoke of it, it was to define a frustrated phase of time that barely lasted a day, people get brought down all the time. Just making that clear. I laugh at most stuff that would bring down someone, and her presence is pretty soothing. She makes me... happy.

Sleeping, without her? Lol. That's impossible. She can't be alone at ANY given time, she just can't, it would break her, I tried that once and after a few seconds I felt like... someone was jumping at my chest, you know? And she said she felt abandonment and was afraid. She's depressed most of the time, I can't just leave her like that.

It does depend on mood for me as well. I generally sleep better during my periods of it whenever I go to bed with a good mood. Try seeing if you can make her happy somehow before bed to test it out?

Hiya! Feel free to message me about anything you want!

------------

Host -

Name: King

Tulpa -

Name: Kalinga

Date of Creation: September 9th, 2015

Guest Anonymous

Mistgod: I have frequent insomnia due to anxiety and worries and an overactive mind. I don't take drug sleep aids at all. But what works for me sometimes is a "time for bed" ritual. I will drink some sleepy time chamomile tea usually. Uhm.... I also sleep with plush monsters...it's ... anyway.

Melian: Davie's weird and silly. His wife Shel tucks him in and he hugs his favorite monster guy. *giggle* Hey it works for him. You might wanna try some stuffed plushy security huggie love. Let yer plushie friends do the worrying and you go to sleepies. They also keep their eyes open for ghosts and other spookies so you feel safe and stuff.