New Blog area needed?

Brassow

This is a bit of a problem a few people have noticed. There seems to be too many "blogs" that don't count as a progress log. They're all being posted to the lounge thread instead which doesn't seem like quite the right place. I would like to request a new folder called "blogs to be added for those threads, so lounge can stay for casual discussion.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Blog? Wait, where are tulpas supposed to express themselves on the forums? A tulpa can't make a log on dA, or tumblr, because it's not credible that they're actually people if you put it that way; 'I am someone in someone's head', people will think you're coo-coo. I'm speaking of it because I know that this concerns my tulpa's thread, and honestly, I do agree with you. Posting it in the lounge kind of seems off-topic but then again the lounge was meant for off-topic stuff. Casual conversation? People don't really want conversations on how annoying their neighbors are. Casual conversation between people who complain about their real life issues would be okay, then? A tulpa who'd make a thread like that in the lounge has it regarded as a blog because people don't actually care enough to respond. But the point is that there is no other place for tulpas overall. Didn't mean to offend you at all with my comment and if anything I'd agree with what you said, just thought I'd put this on the table.

Oh, and could you list those 'blogs' you speak of? There's my tulpa's thread, Mistgod and Melian's thread, a few 'ask' threads (which shouldn't be considered to be actual blogs), other than that, nothing much going on.

The new rule was in order to keep people from blogging about their lives, and go off-topic. But my tulpa only speaks of stuff tulpa-related. Same goes for Mistgod and Melian. It's not useless chatter, it contributes to a tulpa's development as well. My tulpa learned to write more adequately after writing up that thread.

True there aren't many of the type of thread. You forgot to mention Inazuma by the way. But with Melian making so many, and with responses often coming in, it takes up a lot of the recent stuff up on the lounge. But if we make a folder dedicated to it, more people/tuppers could be encouraged to start making blog threads, giving a better "community" feel. Just a suggestion. In curious to hear what others have to say about my idea.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

Mistgod and Melian have two threads that could be considered as a 'blog', even then I wouldn't truly consider it as a 'blog' but it does go through that definition, so yeah. Their first thread was moved from the PR section due to the new rule that considered a tulpa talking about their lives blogging (which has some truth to it, and whilst the PR promoted itself as a 'blogspace' for tulpas in the past the rules changed). My tulpa has one. That's only 3 really, the others aren't truly that worthy of attention because they could be considered as off-topic, casual conversation, which is what the lounge is about, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, Brassow; It's not that I oppose your idea at all since my tulpa has a thread like that, I'd actually be glad to see a blog section or a proper section for those things. Like, a section in which tulpas are free to write stuff about themselves, related to their development, state of mind, noteworthy wonderland stuff happening that has some impact. At some point your tulpa becomes complete and there isn't much progress that's significant going on, but internal events that can definitely make their impact. Just a thought.

I'm siding with you on this, even though I wrote quite a bit and it could be perceived as an opposing stance; would like to see what others think of this idea. I personally support it.

True there aren't many of the type of thread. You forgot to mention Inazuma by the way. But with Melian making so many, and with responses often coming in, it takes up a lot of the recent stuff up on the lounge. But if we make a folder dedicated to it, more people/tuppers could be encouraged to start making blog threads, giving a better "community" feel. Just a suggestion. In curious to hear what others have to say about my idea.

I agree with this idea.

Of course there are only a few blog threads because the new rule came into effect just recently, but as more people develop their tulpas, it would be nice to provide a space for them to continue writing beyond the development stage...if they want to. It might encourage people to stick around the forum. Not only would it make this place feel more like a community, but it would be convenient for people like me who want to read blogs...and it would greatly reduce clutter in the Lounge section. Perhaps the "Ask a tulpa" threads could also fit into a blog area.

Progress report

Personal blog

Guest Anonymous

I would love a blog thread so Melian and I could stop driving everyone crazy. BUT we also do like to make frequent comment threads and polls.

I wonder why are Melian and I considered TOO talkative and active in the lounge or other discussion boards? How can we want to discuss things, ask questions and make comments and polls too much? That part I don't get. Why is no one else writing as much as we do?

We have the same problem in the chat. We come in.. DEAD CHAT... within a few minutes it is very active because Melian stirs it up and won't shut up. She makes people laugh and want to talk about things. When she eventually does stop chatting, the chat often quickly dies again. Some people complain that she is too active. But when she stops talking, there is "silence."

How is it Melian's fault that most of the the new posts are from us? Start writing people! Quit complaining when someone else does the writing, the comments, the questions, the pondering and the polls and not you.

My Ask thread (the first Ask thread) was originally in Questions & Answers, where I kind of wanted it. It got moved to Lounge because people asked us completely irrelevant questions, but if that's what people wanted to ask then I was okay with it.

I think the Tulpa "blogs" section (still unsure about using that word) should be a subforum of Progress Reports. They're just too related to pretend they're not.

The way I see it, the main area for browsing would be the normal board, with threads of people documenting progress, things they've learned, important dates, etc. While in the subforum for "blogs" would be the more in-depth details, stories, feelings, maybe even the discussion. This seems optimal to me.

Take note, Kiah.

Also if you're going to be picky about boards, this should be in Forum Questions & Comments... But I'm not picky.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

So we have five votes for a yes... Can we get any opinions from staff such as Kiah?

On a side note Melian, you control the lounge as I control the forum games. Funny parallels I saw there.

Guest Anonymous

My Ask thread (the first Ask thread) was originally in Questions & Answers, where I kind of wanted it. It got moved to Lounge because people asked us completely irrelevant questions, but if that's what people wanted to ask then I was okay with it.

I think the Tulpa "blogs" section (still unsure about using that word) should be a subforum of Progress Reports. They're just too related to pretend they're not.

The way I see it, the main area for browsing would be the normal board, with threads of people documenting progress, things they've learned, important dates, etc. While in the subforum for "blogs" would be the more in-depth details, stories, feelings, maybe even the discussion. This seems optimal to me.

Take note, Kiah.

Also if you're going to be picky about boards, this should be in Forum Questions & Comments... But I'm not picky.

Well agreed. I'm not too sure about using the term 'blog' because then 'oh you're blogging around huh', and I know for a fact that my tulpa takes it very seriously, the term 'blog' just sounds kind of off.

I like your suggestion.

Heh.

Guest Anonymous

So we have five votes for a yes... Can we get any opinions from staff such as Kiah?

On a side note Melian, you control the lounge as I control the forum games. Funny parallels I saw there.

I am sorry to be so sensitive and reactive. But I really hate the fact that there are complaints that Melian and I dominate the forum. Well then.. .complainers... WRITE SOMETHING or contribute something. Make a poll. Write a new thought provoking thread. Ask a question. Talk about your experiences and compare them to others. It is a discussion forum. You write, someone responds. That is the plan I think, or am I somehow confused?

EDIT: So we stay back on topic, yes, Melian and I vote for some sort of blog space that is not a PR report. The forum is dull without personal experiences being discussed and the sharing of personalities. We are still writing elswhere, a lot. As Melian would say, hold on to yer butts!