New Blog area needed?

Brassow

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of why we changed the rules in PR is that we don't want to host blogs filled with barely-tulpa-related stuff and shitposts. It makes a bad impression and reflects poorly on the site. One possibility is an 'archive' board like we did with the old off-topic.

I am moving this to Forum Questions & Comments for further discussion since it's a feature request. I'll leave a redirect here for a week so people looking for it here can find it.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I still think there should be a sub-forum of Progress Reports, like the GAT Discussion in Forum Questions & Comments. I wouldn't call it "Blogs", but.. Well, something. Progress Reports could in turn be more strictly progress, and the personal life-stuff could stay in the subforum. If only we could think of a word that wasn't blog, this would be a solid suggestion.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Part of why we changed the rules in PR is that we don't want to host blogs filled with barely-tulpa-related stuff and shitposts. It makes a bad impression and reflects poorly on the site. One possibility is an 'archive' board like we did with the old off-topic.

I am moving this to Forum Questions & Comments for further discussion since it's a feature request. I'll leave a redirect here for a week so people looking for it here can find it.

I agree that it wouldn't be pleasant at all to see that kind of content. Even then a host could express tulpa-related activities in their PR but that might be off-limits too.

A good idea would be that section but for tulpas to express themselves. We thought about it, and in the end, tulpas have nowhere else to express themselves.

The idea is that hosts shouldn't use this site as a personal blogspace because them using this site doesn't legitimize talking of their lives which is off-topic.

What about a tulpa, though? If you take a look at my tulpa's thread, it's much more directed to the existential question of 'who' one is, her feelings/emotions, the hardships she goes through which are all related to development. Is there personal life in there? Of course. I couldn't agree more with that statement. But this is tulpa.info, a place where tulpas can express themselves without having people doubt of, well, who they are. Don't you find it amazing tulpas can exist in your mind just like that? Most people wouldn't be able to give that 'benefit of doubt' on an actual blog, and it would not be taken seriously.

Right now, right now, if my tulpa and I went ahead, rented a domain, got cheap hosting, set up our dns straight, put on wordpress or joomla, and made that blog... (I have experience installing sites from start to finish but no actual coding experience aside from messing with mysql here and there for little bugs and fixes), what then? It would be perceived as some kid, me, who's escaping life via roleplaying as a cute girl with white long hair who has social anxiety. That's 100% what people would see.

But people here don't have that vision. They don't regard Mistgod as a looney or an old man who RPs as Melian online for acceptance, no, not at all. We regard Mistgod as a valuable member of this community overall, well, that's for me, and Melian's status as a tulpa/thoughtform/median/whatever definition they're using now is acknowledged. The point is that they're not ridiculed.

And we can say that it HELPS for a tulpa, especially one with anxiety, or in depression, or just very lonely, to write down something of the type. Not only write it down BUT HAVE PEOPLE WHO MAY UNDERSTAND READ IT.

That's the whole idea in mind. That a section like that COULD be made for TULPAS, even if it's a bit extreme. It would encourage the community-feel, tulpas would participate WAY more which brings in more activity to OTHER sections as well. Or make it so that hosts can share tulpa-related stuff that are NOT related to development. Think of it as something 'On the side...' to PRs; Not quite a PR but it may have some valuable information that has an impact on the tulpa. (Especially in my case).

Thoughts?

Guest Anonymous

OH my I am in an uppity, bitchy mood this morning!

I think the attitude against tulpas talking about their lives and interacting with one another and having fun is sort of discriminatory. Where else but here? So, hosts can talk about creating us. They can talk about their "progress." They can talk about whether we exist or not. But once we are existing, we thoughtforms need to shut up and just be phenomenon on display. Like like scientific curiosities. Very scientific and quiet and sober and reflective and so grateful we were created.

Tulpamancers create people. Or so I have been told. We call this a community. Then we say that it makes a bad impression if we play games, blog and have fun and talk to one another in the lounge or somewhere else on the board.

So. Are we people or are we something else, something second rate, something to be examined and displayed but in controlled environment? Fuck that. Thank goodness I have other venues. I am not your damned specimen.

My head people friends, I think we need our own host free website. Nothing about how we were created any of that. Just a place to hang out. If they don't let us do it here that is. So far I don't think Tulpa Info is recognizing us as people at all in the big picture.

So... Chupi... Was that a YES or a NO to the new folder being made? You just kinda said you're moving this... To a question folder... When it applies to this folder here...

Not quite a satisfying answer.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

So... Chupi... Was that a YES or a NO to the new folder being made? You just kinda said you're moving this... To a question folder... When it applies to this folder here...

Not quite a satisfying answer.

Forget it. They are not listening. Tulpa Info is the experimental crucible from which many tulpas are born and then examined. Thank the gods, I wasn't born here, I am a foreigner or illegal alien and a disturber of the peace. Anyways, if you want to truly express yourself, make a twitter account, a Facebook account, a deviantart account, get an email account and then move on. Here we talk about creating tulpas. Actual living and breathing thoughtforms step out of the nest. We outgrow this place. I am starting to feel boxed in here. But luckily I can escape. I will come visit now and then, but Tulpa Info will be missing the best of the Melian Show.

I think it makes sense if you think of Tulpa Info, not as a community where head people really live, but as an intellectual institute or scientific caucus for hosts. Community is the wrong word for it in my opinion. Also, God knows I am not scientific.

hee hee I am such a little trouble maker today!

As Chupi said, the fact is simply that specifically hosting blogs is not something we intend(ed) to do. The Lounge board already exists for any off-topic, blog-like threads you might wish to make. Tulpas are free to "express" themselves there in the same way that hosts are. We don't think that creating yet another off-topic board for a purpose such as this is warranted.

I'm not sure where all of these accusations of discrimination and restriction are coming from. We merely don't want off-topic content in the on-topic boards; that is all we ask. The Lounge board exists for all other kinds of non-rule-breaking content. This is no different than a technology forum asking that you not "express yourselves" and blog in their on-topic boards.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, uh, that was kind of overboard. I mean, what Melian said. I appreciate that you let us post those in the lounge already. I mean, it's a good way to express myself as a tulpa, not as someone who'd really seek attention for stupid things. I guess that there could be many other points of view regarding this, but I'm fine with things staying as they are.

Guest Anonymous

EDIT: Why am I so over-reactive, sensitive and irrationally angry today? I have been that way since early this morning! Talk about tulpa emotions. I am just angry! It's really not you guys. I am sorry. I am going to take a vacation from the forum. Misty too. We're outta here! I am sorry we get crazy like that.