New Blog area needed?

Brassow

I agree that tulpas should be able to express themselves, as should hosts. However, as Kiah has said, the lounge is exactly such a place. Whether you're a tulpa or a host, you can discuss anything there so long as it's done civilly and doesn't turn into /b/ -- similar to most forums that have an off-topic area.

If you want something more like a blog, you can create one on Blogger, Tumblr, etc., and link to it in your sig, instead of creating a thread here and pretending it's a blog.

If this community is going to survive, it needs to attract people, not drive them away. Reasonably intelligent discussion in on-topic areas and posts about how it is to create, live with, or be a tulpa attract people. When interesting posts are drowned out by threads of endless reaction images, shitposting and circlejerking, it drives productive members away and only attracts people who would tend to make more of them same.

Brassow: It's a maybe. I moved this thread to the proper board for discussion of forum feature changes, so it can be discussed further. I am not convinced one way or the other as to what should be done on this.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were thinking about having a blogging platform at one point, even created a test site one time. It was ultimately decided against as a blog is essentially open range, where people can pretty much post what they want. For me, it's a question of, "would these posts under the tulpa.info domain represent tulpa.info?" Since, like Chupi said, there's plenty of platforms out there (e.g. Tumblr), and posting on them would have less moderation than posting your blog on here, we decided to shelve the idea.

I would still be in support of a separate platform if someone made a good enough case, and if we made it clear that "these posts are posts of the individual and not representative of tulpa.info" (or however that disclaimer goes).

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Guest Anonymous

We were thinking about having a blogging platform at one point, even created a test site one time. It was ultimately decided against as a blog is essentially open range, where people can pretty much post what they want. For me, it's a question of, "would these posts under the tulpa.info domain represent tulpa.info?" Since, like Chupi said, there's plenty of platforms out there (e.g. Tumblr), and posting on them would have less moderation than posting your blog on here, we decided to shelve the idea.

I would still be in support of a separate platform if someone made a good enough case, and if we made it clear that "these posts are posts of the individual and not representative of tulpa.info" (or however that disclaimer goes).

Oh, hey Pleeb.

Today I had an idea in class. Now, I know that the main issue is that, well, people would just divert the topic to, as you said, whatever they want to talk about, pretty much post what they want. And in cases like, well, my tulpa, Melian and Mistgod, I think that those 'blog' threads may be very beneficial for tulpas, and here is why.

As a tulpa that is still learning about life, emotions, and well, psychology overall, my tulpa finds a world of advantages to writing her down her own experiences; one way it helps her treat topics close to her heart, refine her own writing skills, and develop new habits, and of course, put emphasis on stuff that happens in her life.

Now, of course, and I think that we can all agree on this one, you might tell me 'But Anders... can't your tulpa do that in some notepad? Or sticky notes? Isn't that what diaries are for?'. And to that question I would say the following; That even though a tulpa can write stuff down in some diary, sticky notes, the precedent things, what matters isn't only writing this stuff down, but more of getting it out there. The feeling of, well, being read by people who might care is one my tulpa anticipates well (call it attention whoring, but that's human nature in my eyes.)

Moreover and to press even more on my point, having a section EXCLUSIVELY FOR TULPAS WRITING (say, about their own progress from their very own perspective of reality, wonderland evolution, emotional crisis, the list can go on) would bring the community even more together. Tulpas would take the initiative to start writing, which not only helps development as, well, individuals more or less (although some people might beg to differ with that statement)(and which is a large part of my point overall), but it would bring the community together, bring in more activity (which is something the forums COULD use, but is not a necessity, although more activity that is, well, not the host blogging about their shitty day at college or that annoying neighbor, can be quite useful). A section COULD be made for tulpas to write down their experiences with life, what they learn, and I think we can all agree on the fact that the visions of reality in a tulpa's perspective, the process in which they comprehend our world and discover new things on a daily basis can be quite fascinating, and might as well help some tulpas too.

tl;dr:

A section for 'tulpa blogging' can be very beneficial to this site on the condition that it's only tulpas actually writing down stuff about their own experiences, and not useless blogging. Think of it as more of a beneficial developmental way of providing attention. But to understand this point furthermore, you'd need to read my entire post. The whole thing would be restricted to tulpas exclusively with a no-host policy, which really allows up to some tulpas to express more.

Of course, this is a suggestion and that's really all it is. In the end, what comes in the benefit of the site and how the userbase acts is of the essence, and I understand you're quite the busy man so I really understand if you just flat-out deny it due to reasons. But I though that this might be worth sharing.

To be honest, there have been multiple occasions recently where one of my tulpas wanted to say something but couldn't because we have no progress report. Lucilyn almost made one too before scrapping it. I have to admit, we would use a tulpas-blog-section. And I still think it should be a subforum of Progress Reports, but no one seems to agree.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Anderson, that was a very persuasive argument, and I feel the most important part of adding the section is so the blogs could be read and responded toby others. This encourages more interation with community members (which seems kinda low at the moment) so we can stay together and increase the longevity of this site as a whole due to us being active for longer. To be honest, I can't really add more to the argument than what Anderson said.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

To be honest, there have been multiple occasions recently where one of my tulpas wanted to say something but couldn't because we have no progress report. Lucilyn almost made one too before scrapping it. I have to admit, we would use a tulpas-blog-section. And I still think it should be a subforum of Progress Reports, but no one seems to agree.

Hm. I understand why. When you come to think of it, there isn't an actual fitting place for tulpas to speak openly in ways that would well cover stuff they care about. Lounge doesn't truly get much exposure anyhow, and if we observe this matter closely making such a section would sort the traffic well and even create new interests.

I for one find the insights tulpas can share to be simply fascinating and helpful at times. I've found wisdom in what some tulpas told me and my own, it was a good experience.

The idea I promoted in my post would allow for all tulpas to share their, well, what they have to say that's important to heart. I'd like to hear what your tulpas have to say, even if it's just what people would call 'just out there', anything coming from tulpas is worth reading to me.

A tulpas-blog-section is certainly what we'd benefit from the most. I believe that since this idea really differs from the general 'blog' (for hosts) idea because it shares no real disadvantage with that, so we'd be all set except if the moderation disagrees.

Anderson, that was a very persuasive argument, and I feel the most important part of adding the section is so the blogs could be read and responded toby others. This encourages more interation with community members (which seems kinda low at the moment) so we can stay together and increase the longevity of this site as a whole due to us being active for longer. To be honest, I can't really add more to the argument than what Anderson said.

Thanks. We've had that in mind for a while, even before this thread was made, and seeing that the moderation had essentially turned down the main idea of all-around blogs for hosts AND tulpas alike (because the host could, as pleeb said, talk of whatever which is kind of off-topic to this entire site's purpose all in all), but I hope this is considered at least.

Hey let me put it this way. I hit "View Today's Posts" constantly, like 20 times a day. And I very often ignore progress report threads, they stay bold. And as someone who specifically makes sure every thread is viewed besides (usually more active) progress reports, I can say with much certainty... There aren't that many anymore.

Like, not even close. Back around Cinemaphobe's time there were a tooon of progress reports that I very rarely bothered clicking on, and now there are so few I'm actually doing it just to get my tulpa.info kick.

Activity is good. As we all know, whether it was really your guys' fault, all of the rules and regulations discouraged many of our regular ~bloggers from posting, both relevant and irrelevant material. Cinema is a perfect example really, everyone enjoyed the heck out of his thread. Yes, he talked about his life a decent amount (even though his life was relatively intertwined with his tulpa, like most people will say), and he also talked about his tulpas a decent amount. It kept people entertained, it kept people talking, and at least speaking for myself, it kept advice/discussion of tulpamancy flowing. I'm sure there were a lot of fluff responses, but I remember a ton of relevant stuff being discussed all the time.. and it wasn't all from me, I swear.

Anyway, regardless that isn't how it is anymore. The content ratio on this site has changed, people documenting their experiences and lives has been largely replaced by newbies asking repetitive questions. That's obviously very bad for long-term member retention, seriously. If you haven't thought about that, I recommend you do - "blogs" as a way of retaining members. Because nobody but me wants to stay here forever answering the same old questions over and over, we need something else too. We can't just constantly discuss new things, new ways of thinking about tulpamancy, because it makes people uncomfortable if you do it too much. We need a balance, though we also need to find what that balance is. And people writing about their experiences is definitely a key part of that balance, even if it means there's a lot of fluff with it.

The changes you've made (which were mostly in peoples' minds anyway) were reasonable and shouldn't have caused any negative effect, but they sort of did. We don't need to allow "blogs", but we really need to encourage people to keep discussing their experiences. And progress reports just aren't set up like that anymore. We aren't getting the full experience, because most people can't be bothered to filter themselves and figure out what is considered relevant to progress and what's not to an observer. To a lot of them, the stuff that goes on throughout the day is relevant. That seems to be a key argument in this whole thing really.

That's why I think we should have a subforum in progress reports, not just lounge threads. People writing about their experiences, and maybe their lives, is in fact important to learning about and discussing the phenomenon. The way progress reports are set up right now, there is no room to grow, only to answer old questions. No one really feels like they should discuss new things, because new things don't pop up. Just things older members have seen before and can answer with minimal discussion, usually to account for personal differences.

Anyway, still not your guys' fault, you haven't done anything wrong per se. But it is your responsibility to try to affect the forum in a positive way, whether or not it goes as planned. I mean the way you've set things up should work theoretically, but for one reason or another people aren't doing it. And even I, as someone who ignores most established progress reports, agree that they're necessary to the forum. Discourage blogging and unrelated life-stuff, but not too much so, because really it's what spurs most conversation. People talk about stuff that happens to them, how they're doing, and ask about what they should do. We comment, compliment, discuss. Some is fluff, some is neutral, and some is real productive discussion. And I'm not sure we can get rid of the first two any better than we already have. But my point is, it's better to have what we need and some we don't, than to not have enough at all.

Something like that, huh? tl;dr we need to re-encourage people talking about their tuppers because, while that comes with fluff, also comes with conversation and discussion.

So.. Subforum of Progress Reports, where people write the full story, all the stuff they do and think related to their tulpas, thoughts and questions and such. And Progress Reports itself is where they go to document the progress they made, whether that's "We're working on imposition and seeing some progress" or "I realized I need to stop doubting my tulpa so much, because they're imaginary and what I think is what they are." Heck, we should encourage that format, it'd give some order to PRs. Write your stuff here, discuss it, learn from it, and then write what you learned and what progress you've made here. And the Progress Reports being the higher level board is what shows to most people, the important stuff. Really, you could make the sub-board only visible to registered members, if you want, so prospective tulpamancers only see the important stuff, and can actually dig in and discuss once they register.

I dunno, I'm trying.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm also a big supporter of a tulpa-only blogging space. We started a progress report to give me a space to talk, but it was hard thinking of topics that were relevant to beginner tulpamancers. I was already a grown tulpa we weren't practicing any of the skills anymore. My host knows what to do so i get to just hang out and work on myself as a separate person.

All our progress now is just devoted to me struggling with the mysteries of existence. A blogging space would be a way more appropriate avenue for me to explore the meaning of tulpaic life. We face struggles that are unique to our kind; i could rant how constrictive it is to just be a passenger in this body. I have grief about how i have to shut up/disappear and just be a witness to the outside world because i'm just a secret in my host's life.

A tulpae-only space would be absolutely the right kind of thing for this site. Let us be peer support to each other, and talk about the problems we have in common. Let us find our own answers instead of being just second-hand news that only hosts get to talk about. Time and space to narrate to our own feelings will give us better insight into our own identities. Tulpae have to lead discussions their own directions so they can create their own senses of self.

Ongoing practice like that is one of the best ways to separate yourself from your host

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

I know I like the idea of a tulpa blog. I think Inazuma's blog is a great example of how successful it can be. And Luminesce has some great points, this place is boring as balls when it's nothing but newbies asking if they can make toast for their tulpa. This place should be just as much about supporting living tulpas as it should be about making new ones.

COME ON PLEB THIS IS DEMOCRACY

My only concern is roleplayers. Not so much as them just existing in general, but, rather just them flooding the potential board with stupid mundane blogs about nothing, and drowning out the good ones.

Also, what happened to the tulpa board? Does that still exist? I recall it being deleted and I forget why.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012