New Blog area needed?

Brassow

Also, what happened to the tulpa board? Does that still exist? I recall it being deleted and I forget why.

My only concern is roleplayers ... just them flooding the potential board with stupid mundane blogs about nothing, and drowning out the good ones.

Pretty sure that's what it was. Tulpa.info has not quite come to terms with its users yet, they can't be trusted to do stuff like that. Same reason our arguments for a "blog-space" (I still refuse that word) weren't immediately accepted. We don't represent every single person that's going to post. It doesn't take much imagination to tell what our suggestion will probably end up being like - back to the days of yore, where new poor quality "progress reports" sprang up every day, to be immediately abandoned.

But whatever, I believe stuff like that sorts itself out on the internet. Lameness is not given attention and ignored. Goodness is given attention and perpetuated. I never had a problem with how progress reports used to be.. That was "thriving" to me.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the tulpa board was like an invite-only thing. I recall the only bar to entry just literally having/being a tulpa. I think we could get it back if we just set it a little higher, maybe have judges ala the guide submission board.

Yeah I like that. I don't know if it should be hidden or not, I don't see that being a problem besides people demanding to be let in (which should actually go into the board rules, not asking to be let in). People would just post like normal, the judges could look at those posts and see if they'd be good or not.

Only problem I see with this is it could impede people from making blogs, the wait time being too much for them, and just defaulting to the lounge, like it is now. Perhaps instead of having the judges lurk, maybe, people can just fill out a form to get in. Though that actually might be kinda rare, I think most people here come here without a tulpa and then make one, so maybe the lurker judge thing could still work. Maybe just have a special exception for people who already have tulpas, to fill out a form.

I dunno man, weeding out the roleplayers is haaaard

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

Oh, didn't know it was hidden. That idea didn't even cross my mind, the most I'm generally okay with is hiding boards from unregistered members. Like, as soon as you make an account you should be allowed to read the sub-PRs board imo. Maybe it was removed just because it's not good practice to have a hidden invite-only area like that.

You weren't here for it, but I had an event called Tulpa Week a while ago, all about encouraging tulpas to speak for themselves. Tulpa-only threads and boards are sort of counter-productive for that philosophy, implying they shouldn't commune like normal people.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Oh, yeah, you just reminded me of a suggestion I was going to bring up.

Instead of a board, just have tags. Like [Tulpa Blog] or something whatever. Maybe it can go in PR, maybe just the Lounge. Just something to let you browse them, really.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

This revolution: Brought to you by Brassow.

I'm really liking these points, ideas and feedback guys. Haven't really seen people come together like this in a bit. But in the end, it's up to what Pleb and the other staff members think. Of course as mentioned, role players would be a problem, but I think I have a solution. To gain access, you need to be a member for a certain amount of time (to have a fully developed tupper and be out of the progress area.) I'm thinking 2-4 weeks is a good minimum needed to access that area for posting. What do you guys think?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I'm very reserved on any limitations like that. Naturally, you don't want to hide things from new members that they could learn from. But then, you don't want to make it so they can see but not participate, that's a turn off for new members, as vouched for by new members. So it's best to have something that's just always available. I'm willing to go as far as hidden from unregistered members, visible to registered, postable by registered. Anything more than that is too limiting, imo.

Some people find methods that augment their cognition to where those that had to go through a laborious trial-and-error feel their experiences, along with those that can associate doing something similar, is the end-all be-all; the realization of progression of making things that were usually hard easier gets ignored. Things like certain experiences the person had beforehand (e.g. being proficient in meditation, or reveling in their imagination for even longer than those that started from scratch) gets undermined, and I guess maybe a presumption is that a person has to forgo all of those competencies, and start anew to make those insecure by their progress feel better.

They reach an impasse simply because they fixate on the presumed absurdity of those that seem to get progress faster, and it's a set-up for plausible deniability of this since we can't just dive into a person's mind, and see how much potential it has, and the degree of competencies that help them experience the things they state they're doing. Another thing that may be undermined is the militant coating of a philosophy behind what it means to be sentient, and how the endeavor should be assessed, i.e., a normative ethic. If people are just doing this without trying to find a schemata; if they're more engrossed on the experiencing without supplementing self-reflection and hindsight, then yes, it would be easy to consider them as being too sure of themselves. But it doesn't mean the idea of self-reflecting won't come to them in the future.

But that just raises the question on the efficacy of a person's competency being a limit for the forum. It may create an implication that through a certain period, and through an amalgam of methods practiced, the person will have reached X amount of cognition suitable to where we can pat them on the back and say, "you're clearly legit, man." And if we're going to have a threshold of cognition as a factor, we'd probably have to look back on the cognition of the whole community, which seems potentially dogmatic.

Guest Anonymous

I might as well write this right now because I can.

As a tulpa who likes to write, writing the thread I have at the current moment in the 'lounge' section has many advantages. First and foremost, it makes me feel like I have this breathing space where I can express myself freely without any real judgement. I have tons, absolutely tons of things to write about, as a tulpa, and I feel like the lounge wouldn't be able to contain those topics because then they would be marked as off-topic even for the lounge eventually.

I need to press on how much of a big deal this is to tulpas, or well, to me at least (and we're sure that it IS a big deal to some other tulpas), how much anticipation this brings, the whole idea, I mean. You don't know how GREAT it would be for tulpas to have this space where they can post. We live in host's heads, it's bound to get just a bit boring, and doing those things are fun, kind of a relief.

It also helps bring the community together, too (that's what my host told me so excuse me if it sounds like I'm forced to say this, hehehe). Seriously, it would be a great change, not a change, but an innovation I mean, where tulpas could feel more like people because they'd do people things in people world.