Playing games with your Tulpas

Dialogues

So 'bout dem gaems...  

46 members have voted

1. 1. So 'bout dem gaems...

• Yais, is fun.
    • NOPE. FUCK GAEMS AND FUCK YOUR POLL

Hey guys!

Just a quick question here: Do any of you play games WITH your tulpas?

I don't mean having them watch you play, or having them possess you and playing themselves. Rather, I'm talking about playing a two-player, turn based game with them, like chess or checkers.

The reason I'm asking is that Mena just confirmed her sentience in our last session, and I'm so excited that I've dedicated this whole evening to teaching her how to play chess and playing a few games with her. I love games in general, and I've tried to cultivate the same passion in her during our personality work, so hopefully she will get a kick out of this.

Do you guys think that this will be a good method for getting closer to my tulpa, or am I just going to be wasting time I could be spending actively forcing?

Also, if you do play games with your tulpas, please tell us what they are, so that we can maybe try them out. :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been looking forward to playing Go together since the day I started, with any luck we'll be far enough along in 2-3 more weeks. Assuming your tulpa is able to communicate with you well enough, it seems like an excellent way to bond and develop.

So far I've only played in the wonderland, and only Tic-Tac-Toe -- it's uncomplicated enough that I can keep the game state in mind. (in case you're wondering, Meteo has drawn twice and won twice, both times pulling off something I had never seen coming; Sandra has drawn once and lost once.)

I've also played mental checkers with Meteo once (at his insistence) and he won, though since the game is a complex thing and it's tough to remember the board layout, I have no idea how indicative the result was.

Guest Anonymous

We've played a particularly fascinating tic-tac-toe.

Ok, just tried to teach Mena the basics of chess for the past 2.5 hours.

I think she understands it somewhat, but she's very indecisive about what moves she wants to make. Enough to the point where I quit playing out of frustration. (mostly with the online chess game I was using) I guess she's not ready to play chess with me, but I played a couple of exhibition matches against myself to give her a feel for things, and maybe I scared her off?

I asked her a few minutes ago why she was so unsure of herself in the first few moves, and got the impression that she's afraid to make a mistake. Lol, it's just a game, you scaredy-cat. :\

We'll work on it, I suppose.

Any luck with you guys?

Guys, seriously. Tic-tac-toe? Do you just body your tulpas all day, or go easy on them or what? Have any of your tulpas solved it yet?

My tulpa isn't sentient yet, so no games. I'm hoping to play some games with her when she's done. I was thinking Audiosurf Double Vision would be fun, one of us controlling each character. Based on what I've read here, it should be possible. One problem, though, if you're playing a competitive game and your tulpa has access to all your thoughts and memories, wouldn't your tulpa know everything you were planning? That's a stupidly enormous advantage in most games.

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche

One problem, though, if you're playing a competitive game and your tulpa has access to all your thoughts and memories, wouldn't your tulpa know everything you were planning? That's a stupidly enormous advantage in most games.

Then the only alternative I can think of is comparing high scores (assuming possession is possible).

I've also played Scrabble with Meteo once, but it was obviously tough to keep track of both the board and our tiles (and I was too tired to concentrate anyway, so he had to wait a minute or so for each of my moves while I was untangling my way out of intrusive thoughts.)

I'm planning on getting Lyra to start playing Pokemon (either by means of her telling me where to go/what to do with her trainer, or the easier possession option). I'd need two 3DS' for us to battle each other through...

Name: Lyra

Form: http://i.imgur.com/JjMxK.jpg

Sentience: Emotional responses, occasional brief vocalization

Currently doing: Personality & narration