Sock Cottonwell's System Sketchbook

Sock

I agree with Vosaiu, this ones great. The values on Sylia are done very well and I like the sketchiness of the drawing too. The hand is a bit big, but it's easily overshadowed by the rest of the drawing.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to draw Liira, so I made this portrait.

Liira_Portrait2.png

I want to do a few more repeat gals. I have a whole list of folks I haven't drawn yet, but I think it'd be good to have more than one reference image of them...or more than one image in general.

Also, if may be exhausting for the viewers to be introduced to everyone and read all the text walls I can erect for them. ;)

Since I'm mentioning doing repeat drawings, I ran in to my folder of pre-tulpa images of Midori. More accurately, I called her a "Nameless Fairy" then, and at that period, she was both an imageboard avatar and a personal mascot of sorts. I liked her whole mood and personality then, and drew her a lot...and made her a fixture in my head later on, heh. Anyway, here are a few selections of my personal favorite Proto-Midori pictures.

[align=center]

Fall_Clothes4.jpg | Nameless.jpg | RAR.jpg | Spring_Fairy.jpg

No_Wings.png

Leaf_Bed.png

[/align]

Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

My lord, these are better than anything I could try to draw

All of your brain-buddies and the drawings of them are beyond amazing.

Yeah, don't really have anything else to say here. Keep up the amazing work.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

Princess in the Tower

Something a bit different today. After all, the Tulpa Art section DOES include written word submissions.

This is a short story, told in the fashion of a fairy tale. It came to mind during a conversation I was having on tulpa.im, about the current crop of tulpa guides I was going through for review. A bit of my own experiences crept in, as well, heh.

---

In a deep and far place, there is a tall tower in which a king dwelled. Every so often, this king would climb to the top of the tower and enter a little room, where a girl sat in an appropriately little throne. This girl was his daughter, a little princess that he loved dearly, and whom loved him.

"Dear princess, what may I do for you?" Said the King.

The princess moved her mouth to speak.

"Oh! I know! I will find fine clothing for you!" Said the king with joy, rushing to the closet and finding a dress for the princess to change in to. The princess closed her mouth and sat still. But she was still happy, because she knew her father loved her.

So, the king dressed his daughter in clothes fitting for her, joyous about his work, and how lovely his child looked.

"Oh! You look splendid my daughter! Do you not agree?" The king cheered.

The princess moved her mouth to speak.

"But of course you do! How else could I think with how you look?" The king said with jubilation. The princess closed her mouth and sat still. She did not mind though, because she knew her father loved her.

"Dear princess, what shall we do together? After all, our time is short before I must return to my duties...I know! Let us put on music and dance with one another."

Before the princess could move a muscle, the King called up minstrels, and gathered the girl in to his arms. They danced merrily...or at least he danced merrily, the princess just got swung about in his joyful moves. Sometimes she would move a leg or an arm, but the king would correct her, that his and her steps would match the dance. The princess felt a bit dizzy, but she liked it when her father would gather her up, because she knew it was her father's way of showing her his love.

Soon, the king tired, and the princess felt woozy. So, he called off the minstrels, and gently put the princess back in to her throne. She clung to him momentarily, but soon released, her hair and dress ruffled.

"Dear princess, you are my gem! Oh that you would speak to me...but you have uttered barely a word for so long. What can I do to make you open up?"

The princess would have moved her mouth to speak, but she was still woozy, such that she saw three kings.

"Oh, of course! I will read to you! That will give you the concept of language, and then you will be moved to speak!" The king exclaimed, going to a nearby book shelf and grabbing a small book to read to her. He sat down in front of the princess, as she was just getting her barings about her, and began to read. He read loudly and slowly, his voice booming throughout the room. He would occasionally pause and look to the princess, as if to see if she were still there, and he would see her smile to him. He smiled back, and continued his work.

"And so..." The king read in his loud voice, "...the dog leapt and landed..."

"..@3ON*-..ROO^2F~`!" A garbled voice rang out. It sounded vaguely similar to the king's, and yet mechanical in a way, and off pitch. The king sprang up in shock, and looked around the room.

"Who's there?! Who said that?!" The King exclaimed. He looked back down to his princess, as still as ever, but her eyes somehow had a brighter shine to it, and her smile was stronger. He paused for a moment, considering the situation, and looked around once more, saying to himself "It must have been something else, maybe my imagination? Must have been..."

The princess was not discouraged. She would keep trying, because she knew her father loved her.

"Dear princess, I must leave now, I have work I must do. But fear not, I will return! As well, I will speak to you through note and message as I go about my task, and will open up a doorway to a garden for you to enjoy. So, will you await me once more?" The king asked, drawing closer to the little princess. Her heart sank ever so slightly, and she moved her mouth to speak...

"But of course you will, for you are a good girl, and have waited for me so faithfully all this time. I will return to you!" The king said, embracing her with strength, before letting her go, waving goodbye and walking out the door.

There was silence for a moment, everything was still, just as the princess was.

A moment more of silence...then a rustle.

The princess twitched, her body moving forward ever so slightly. A finger moved, a toe curled, and her face contorted with effort. With all the strength she could muster, she struggled her way up from the throne, to her feet, which trembled. Her stance was unstable, her posture unsure, but the determination was clear in her features. With great effort, she rose one foot up, moving it forward...and promptly fell face first to the ground.

There was a moment of silence.

The princess felt her heart sink ever so slightly more, but she would not give up. She would keep trying, because she knew her father loved her.

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace

[align=center]Kellean.png

Looking in to the far winds. A lass moved like a leaf through life[/align]

I want to make sure I'm drawing at least one thing each day. Though I spent much of my day studying, I didn't want to rest until I updated my sketchbook, as to keep building that particular habit.

As I was drawing, it came to me that is was odd that I'm drawing Kellogg so much. So much so that I felt the need to call Kellogg up about it, who asked me why I did not draw her sooner. To me, Kellogg was rather special, especially in my youth, even though I did not note any autonomous behaviour at the time. Kellogg was meant to be for a rather close story I day dreamed about, and I wanted to improve my skill before tackling it.

At this point, Kellogg's been on many adventures, some of which were fan-fiction-ey looking back. But, Kellogg's still someone I like, and I like drawing her. For her part, Kellogg is just glad that we can be friends now.

"We were already friends, he just didn't know it." ~ Kellogg

Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace

• 3 weeks later...

I mentioned that I was doing some design drawings for Yoko in my progress report, so I figured it would be a good enough reason to post an update here, along with a few other design sketches. My intent is to have a personal database for all my in-folk, and doing a nice and shiny vector to be used for a wallpaper as well. But, I wanted to make sure I was putting my best foot forward, as it were, and figured the best way to do it would be to draw them a lot, and often. The more I practice, the more refined the work would be. The below drawings are my early steps of this plan, being of Yoko first, then Alexandria, then Blossom.

[align=center]Yoko_Sketch1.png

Alex_Kallen_Sketch1.png

Blossom_Doc.png

Peace.[/align]

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace

• 1 month later...

It's been a while, eh? Some stuff over the past month prevented me from doing much drawing, and as such I'm out of practice. But, I had it in me to draw today, so I did this sketch of Midori to kickstart myself. Her hair's gotten a bit longer recently.

Midori2.png

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace

That's a nice story. I'd post some of my writings up on this board, but they're 2lewd for .info, unfortunately. >.>

>I tend to draw my girls with baby faces. They are kids... except the ones that are not.

wut

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

That's a nice story. I'd post some of my writings up on this board, but they're 2lewd for .info, unfortunately. >.>

I'd be surprised if they were any other way. Heh.

I don't really do much fiction writing, but Midori's been badgering me to do some more stuff like that. But, they're largely unrelated to the site's topic, so I won't be posting them here.

>I tend to draw my girls with baby faces. They are kids... except the ones that are not.

wut

Neither Ellenore nor Kellogg are children like many of the others are. So I try to draw them up as being older. Same goes for some others whom are not name here.

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace

Went and drew a picture of Liira, since she asked me to the previous day.

Liira_Stand.png

I'm feeling like I'm getting too comfortable with the posing and such, and am starting to repeat myself. I got some research and study ahead of me, surely.

Sock Cottonwell's

Peace