Sign in to follow this  
Zakanater

Not sure if i am doing it right or at all here

So i have just started trying to create my first tulpa, i have tried to sit down and plan out the personality and traits but whenever i try to visualize anthing it just feels like im doing not it right, i can see her standing there and just about move around to get different angles but it just feels so distant like she is an empty shell.

What sort of things would you recommend me to try? i really want to pull through with this since i have so much spare time being wasted as of right now.

I have already read a few guides but the only one that seemed to help me so far is the breathing in and out meditation technique, and the only time i feel the "head pressure" is when i really focus on how she looks but never when i try to communicate, i also cannot figure out how to send "thoughts" her way without it seeming like i am just talking to myself and not trying to direct it towards her.

If anyone else has felt this way or knows of anyway to get me through this little bump in the road it would be appreciated.

Much love :)

Sounds like she just needs more personality. I really recommend daydreaming about her being active and interacting with people, that'll really help you get to know her better and you'll start to see her as a person. People call it parroting, but it does work, and that's how authors have tulpas that were originally only characters.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

If there aren’t circumstances in which she can express the personality and traits, then one would have to question what they can do to make that happen. Breathing in and out would probably just help you get relaxed, but I’m not sure on how it would make things easier to relay thoughts to them, and also reduce, or even subside your doubting of talking to yourself. It seems like a distraction to another concern you may have.

If there’s nothing to fall back to for them to react and try to gather some sense of, then yes, it would be natural to presume that it’s all fabricated, and maybe even within your conscious decisions. This is something anyone may have to tackle and figure out when it comes to treating a tulpa as sentient; the person is able to imagine what it means to be sentient, but may end up undermining day-to-day activities they go through as sentient beings. Fixation issues is probably due to not being able to reconcile with those activities.

So, something you could start out with is realizing that those activities are useful heuristics for them to progressively develop that implicit sentience. If you still feel it’s undermining to do these things, then maybe you’re making things more complicated than they should be. Whatever those quotidian activities entail; existential questioning, learning to embrace happiness and suffering, and trying to make a different to others, large circle or small knit, you have these at your disposal, and sooner or later, concentration/focusing will be the least of your concerns.

I’m not sure if one absolutely has to have exceptional concentration to further development of personality and other traits.