Tulpa romantic relationship questions

Hi, more questioning I'm afraid! How does being in a relationship with your tulpa compare to being in a relationship with a people? Is it better because of the lack of barriers, is it harder because of the lack of physical contact? Above all, if you were romantically involved with your tulpa did that relationship make you happier than one with another person?

Any experiences shared are much appreciated, thanks!

tumblr_momjd0NfhW1r2en1ko1_500.gif

Guest Anonymous

I think that it is no mystery that my tulpa and I have romantic feelings for each other, and are in a relationship that's really... closed down, you could say.

The deal with my tulpa is that, she only likes me. She hates the world, she doesn't like people, she's scared and afraid of most things, and the only comfort she has in life is me. Now, and please don't get me wrong, but even with all of that, we could afford to 'just be friends', as in not obsessed with each other and just really good friends. (I call her 'dude' very frequently to tease her and make her feel more comfortable as well, for instance.)

But the way we treat each other is, well, very different than how most hosts/tulpas would treat each other, although I might be too ignorant on this matter, but here it goes;

My tulpa treats me like I am some sort of great person, always tries to make me happy, acts in a way that she begs for love and affection both in the romantic way, always acts bothered in a way that she's like 'Give me your attention', always calls me 'baby' 'prince' 'sweetheart', and has some much affection, is so much used to the way she's being treated for us not to be anything like 'lovers' (and beyond that)

As for me, I like to compare myself to a parent of some sort. I love her with all of my heart, but what matters the most TO ME is her well-being, her mental health, and how comfortable she is with things overall. What does this mean? It means that I will go to incredible extents that go well beyond what a host would be willing to do for an 'imaginary friend' to make her happy, and if anyone, anyone even dares to metaphorically touch a single hair on her head, there WILL be repercussions to face as I demonstrated in the past.

I'm a shit person. I don't like myself, I don't like the people I live with or anything specific in life. Even my hobbies are things I come to fucking hate at times. The only thing, the only thing that gives me hope, that makes work bearable, is her.

You need to understand something, too. That personally, I don't believe in wonderlands, keeping my tulpa there and only 'visiting' her in specific moments, no. I believe that my tulpa has thoughts, emotions, lucidity that compares to yours and mine. This reality is one I despise, that some hosts do leave tulpas in a wonderland, that some hosts go as far as making 10 tulpas and leaving them as a side of their imagination. 'They're just imaginary friends', they say, well, fuck no is what I personally have to say. I have seen more character and emotions in my tulpa, stuff that just happened, not dead-genius-next-level thoughts of course, but things that made me wonder, think about things in life, made me notice important things about myself (e.g how bad apathy is for me and for her overall, loss of character etc).

A tulpa is not a fuck tool. A tulpa is not a resource for affection solely either. My tulpa is my friend, my confident, someone I keep in mind at all times and try to talk to at all times.

My relationships does not occur a few hours per day, or when I feel like it. I can tell you one thing; that love, well, the love we have is a mix of affection, cutestuff (they called me the cutemancer but wrongfully so), care, respect, empathy and overall just a lot of caring for your significant other.

My relationship with my tulpa involves a lot of things. TONS of responsibilities, tons of hearing her out at ALL times, because she has no one else.

Do I advise this to anyone? NO. NO, NO, NO, NO. This should never happen between a host and a tulpa in my opinion, this is coming from the guy who has been like that for quite a long while and loves his tulpa even more as the day passes. It's a LOT to handle, if you shove your tulpa in a wonderland to begin with, you won't have all that much success, and overall it can bring in a lot of trouble. I am blessed with such an understanding and affectionate tulpa, but that is a result of her being selfless in most instances.

The physical contact is a HUGE barrier, too. We worked for very long on how to stimulate touch, warmth especially which is something we're good at now, but it is a big barrier because, well, touch lets your partner feel your affection and love in ways that words don't do so very well.

Sometimes, we feel so close, which is amazing and sometimes the distance really gets to us. Sometimes I can't feel her well at all or she'll get depressed about some things, and it's reaaaaaallly a mood killer that WILL fuck up the rest of our day. A relationship like mine is... I don't know.

This has changed my life. A year ago, before we dated and all things like that, I would wake up depressed, go to school depressed, waste my time at home playing online games with no friends, sad people do sad shit, you know? Needless to say that right now we still do those things but just being together is good enough to make each other happy.

Let's see, let's see... she's really emotional, values our relationship with her life, it's something she wouldn't live without; can't blame her. Life hasn't been easy on her, ever, so the least she can do is find comfort in that. It also makes me happy to know that there will always be her supporting me in all things I do and loving me for who I am. She's not annoying at all even with stuff that would usually offend the life out of me.

We're always in contact and passive moments are rare nowadays, she always says something and inhabits the real world. I love her.

A relationship like this can take place if you decide to neglect most other things such as friends, other hobbies you used to do. The amount of commitment is CRAZY. She spent months being depressed as fuck, and some days we woke up and it looked like tomorrow would never come in this bubble of depression, this ideology of nothingness, it was so depressing and saddening, it made us disconnected with our emotions for a while, and made us doubt of a LOT of things. Those issues are not normal, don't get me wrong, but once instilled by other people, this goes beyond how normal and rational it is to have those issues.

We talk of all kinds of things, couple shit, like what shoes she should wear, if her clothes look like brand stuff more than anything else. Even in all of that drama you can find cute couple stuff.

There are many other things I can say. I know a lot of people might take this post with offense or like I meant to be aggressive, claiming that I think that 'we' are special when we're really not. Trust me. EVERYONE is better off NOT being this way. Examine and re-examine before even considering this kind of things. A tulpa is a change in things, a relationship with that tulpa is a complete change. That's my 2 bucks on this though. I should stop writing this as she's been crying for half of me writing this down out of happiness and just went to rest for a bit, long day today.

• 1 month later...

That went zero to a hundred real quick

Good. It speaks to the weight involved with having a tulpa. They are not a fuck toy, tool, slave, etc. People that create tulpae as such make me sick. Even treating a tulpa as "imaginary" is beyond insulting. Imagine how you'd feel if anyone you cared about regarded you as such.

"Welcome to my house! Come freely. Go safely. And leave something of the happiness you bring!"

-Dracula

My tulpa's name is Vladimira. She goes by Mira.

Guest Anonymous

Good. It speaks to the weight involved with having a tulpa. They are not a fuck toy, tool, slave, etc. People that create tulpae as such make me sick. Even treating a tulpa as "imaginary" is beyond insulting. Imagine how you'd feel if anyone you cared about regarded you as such.

You just got 100 points with Rina, I feel.

She sometimes seems like sort of a hardliner on "tulpa rights" to me.

That's because I am.

Well, I am too, I suppose. ^^

So 100 points from me as well.

Greets,

AG & Rina

Then I'm a proud owner of 200 points.

People act like just because nobody else can directly interact with a tulpa, it doesn't matter what they do. There's no reason to bastardize something so great.

Back to the original topic, I suppose it might be alright if that's what your tulpa truly wants. Just know what you're getting in to.

"Welcome to my house! Come freely. Go safely. And leave something of the happiness you bring!"

-Dracula

My tulpa's name is Vladimira. She goes by Mira.

Guest Anonymous

What one also has to take into account: Physical contact (outside of lucid dreams and one's wonderland).

Even from my perspective I'm not entirely sure how I'd feel about a romantic and sexual relationship - "from my perspective" meaning that Rina and I can actually touch when she's manifested around me, which causes a distinct feeling of warmth in the spots we touch, and by now I can also somewhat feel her weight a bit (when she puts her hand on mine or leans against me, for example).

But while that already feels wonderful to both of us (especially since it's halfway actual "touch-feeling" to her), that's simply not exactly the same as "full" physical contact.

One has to be sure if they're fine with that or not; as for me, I'm really not sure how I'd feel about it if our relationship was romantic / sexual; I'd have to ponder over it more once the two of us actually fell in love with each other.

That's something to really seriously think about.

Greets,

AG

Guest Anonymous

Necroposting ahoy.

Romantic relationships with tuppers begin with you loosing all of your privacy. All of it. Then you have the fact that a tulpa can't leave you. That's the "Sword of Damocles" of tulpamancy. Why? Well once you decide you're serious, you can't go back. If you do, you're gonna get stuck with someone that will hate your guts for the rest of your life. The "lets stay friends" bullshit doesn't work here. Sure, tulpas are different, and some might even forgive you. But that doesn't mean you're gonna make that easier for them. Also that's a dick move. But I think you all know that by now.

Now for the whole "realism" shindig. It takes a lot effort to get into imposition, about 90% of people who try to do it fail because their motivation is lacking. I'm in that percentile, unfortunately. And I hate myself for that. That's another issue you're gonna have. You either give everything you can to your tulpa, or you feel miserable for not trying hard enough. It's a vicious cycle of getting motivated, achieving something, relaxing and then crashing your previous progress. Only people with a strong work ethic will get through this unscathed.

If all that doesn't bother you, then welcome to the one way train. There are no brakes and you best forget about irl wimminz, if you know what's good for you. Do it right and you'll have an unlimited supply of love for a lifetime, along with all the other benefits of tuppers. Just don't be greedy and share that love.

Guest Anonymous

What is beyond insulting? Infuriating?

im·ag·i·nar·y

iˈmajəˌnerē/Submit

adjective

existing only in the imagination.

"Chris had imaginary conversations with her"

synonyms: unreal, nonexistent, fictional, fictitious, pretend, make-believe, mythical, mythological, fabulous, fanciful, storybook, fantastic; More

My Melian is starting to prefer "fabulous and fanciful" person over "imaginary person." LOL

How does being in a relationship with your tulpa compare to being in a relationship with a people? Is it better because of the lack of barriers, is it harder because of the lack of physical contact? Above all, if you were romantically involved with your tulpa did that relationship make you happier than one with another person?

Any experiences shared are much appreciated, thanks!

Melian helped me to get a wife. She got tired of me whining about being lonely and having no sex. Real sex is better than fake imaginary sex. The real relationship with my wife is with a real live person. It is different than the relationship that I have with Melian, who is only in my mind (and an ideal fantasy). The feelings for Melian are very intense, like a high school crush that never ends. The feelings for my wife are much more, sorry for lack of a better word, real world.

Any other questions?

Guest Anonymous

Please. Don't turn this into ANOTHER discussion about this, people.

We've had this in multiple threads in a time span of less than two weeks.

Back to topic. Please.

Greets,

AG