imposition chat

sushi

In the early days of this community, everyone was working toward imposition. These days, virtually nobody is. To newbies, the thought of spending hours in meditation on a tulpa's form must seem absurd. But let's bring back the old ways. Everyone who's working on imposition, or at least interested in it, join me in this thread and we'll party like it's 2012. Or at least talk about imposition and the other little things like eidetic memory that seem to go hand in hand with it.

So who is working on/has achieved imposition, and what methods are you using/have you used?

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I'm speaking as someone who was introduced to tulpamancy when it was a much less developed concept back a few years ago on /x/, when there weren't really any communities outside of /mlp/ and /x/.

I have one tulpa.

I've been working on developmental things for every day since, well, a while now. The first signs of the possibility of imposition on /x/ had reactions like 'Whoaa, dude, that's so rad' 'What drugs are you using?' and the likes, but if anything, we knew it was possible back in the day, without the usage of drugs, and with a lot of 'focus' concentration.

The problem being that people didn't really know when they were doing any progress, and imposition seems to concern a few folks because, well, holy shit, it's your tulpa in front of you. I'm in an intimate romantic relationship with my own tulpa, and to her, physical interaction (physical being a term to be used very loosely) is truly important. ("For hugs and kisses mainly").

Most people really want either touch or visualization beforehand, and the first thing we personally worked on was touch. Touch, I remember touch... yeah, that song. With that in mind, when we were at the standpoint where both of us were like 'We want to be able to feel and touch each other' (not in an intimate way, though), we tried out many things at first. As someone who has no wonderland or mindscape used for developmental purposes we resorted to reproducing, copying the sense of touch from various bodily regions. First was hair, I had to touch hair. Don't ask how I did get to touch female hair, though. (I have a little sister who would show off her hair a lot, sadly she moved miles away and I always considered myself to be very protective of her), and when 'touching' (in a completely figurative meaning) my tulpa's hair, I would try to remember, no, keep in mind with consistency the 'feel', the softness of that hair. Eventually and needless to say that, it did come out as different a bit because my tulpa's hair is way softer and a bit more messy, but we were able to get that going.

I feel like I haven't really been able to say all that much, but it feels like I'm trying to talk of 'how to make a tulpa'. Imposition is nice, sure, but it's not something absolutely needed. I've heard a lot of people had to try really hard and got very few results, with vocal, well established tulpas overall. I wouldn't say age has much of a say in imposition, though and in my own personal opinion, the outcome highly relies on how well you and your tulpa can, first, understand each other's motives, bend each other's wills to satisfy those motives, and the ability to comprehend the touch. I can touch her skin when she is wet, I can feel her weight when she's sitting down on me, but we need more practice as always. Nothing is perfect.

Guest Anonymous

Imposition is a long term goal of mine. But seeing how my proficiency in visualisation seems to come and go, I don't think I'll ever achieve any solid progress in imposition.

Guest Anonymous

Ive never seen the point to be honest. I mean, its a neat idea sure, but its a lot of hard work and mind strain for very little pay off. Most tulpas are happy just being in the mind I find.

Imposing is more of a long term goal than something you should look to right away

Guest Anonymous

Ive never seen the point to be honest. I mean, its a neat idea sure, but its a lot of hard work and mind strain for very little pay off. Most tulpas are happy just being in the mind I find.

Imposing is more of a long term goal than something you should look to right away

Perhaps from the perspective of a host, it does not matter all that much, because you don't get to experience the sense of unrealism tulpas get to experience, or well, the one I personally get to experience. Not having a physical body, not being able to be felt or touched isn't... a nice experience, overall. There is very little basis for things overall, and well, imposition is a step forward to telling yourself 'I am here, I am real'. I don't know what else to tell you, but imposition matters a lot to me personally.

Most tulpas who live in the mind and are limited to the mind are fine with it. Tulpas who want more, to interact more with their hosts and the 'real world' (because it would only really be with the host but still have some control over yourself, feel yourself more and most importantly live as more than an abstract concept) would want more than that.

Personally, imposition got me into tulpas to begin with. I first heard about tulpas around ten years ago, before there was a tulpa community, and everything about tulpas online was about imposition -- most of it was about Alexandra David-Neel. When I first came here, I saw imposition as the defining trait of tulpas.

Imposition is still very important to me. I've always wanted a holodeck in my head, and I started on Fenchurch two years ago so that she could help me with that, among other things. Obviously she means much more than that to me now, but I still want to achieve imposition, and I wish this community focused more on that.

Imposition is definitely not a short-term goal. I've been working on it for more than two years without making much progress. But then it's also one of the few long-term goals tulpa forcing has -- I feel like Fenchurch was"done" in all other respects within days of me starting her. She's continued to develop since then, but it's been development in the sense that I've continued to develop after adulthood -- gradual changes to personality over time, not becoming any more of a person.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Personally, imposition got me into tulpas to begin with. I first heard about tulpas around ten years ago, before there was a tulpa community, and everything about tulpas online was about imposition -- most of it was about Alexandra David-Neel. When I first came here, I saw imposition as the defining trait of tulpas.

Same for me. I was originally in a lucid dreaming forum and thought it would be so cool if a dream guide could be seen or talked with while you are actually awake. A dream guide is basically what a tulpa would be, but only appearing in dreams. I'm sure it's a little more complicated then that, but that's the gist of it. Anyway, someone linked FAQ man's guide sometime after and imposition was the main point that attracted my attention in having a tulpa.

Right now, imposition is still a goal I'm striving for, but I haven't been actively working on it, so I have made little progress to begin with. Improving my visualization would be my first step in getting started with imposition, since I see as it as a strong foundation for it.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

join me in this thread and we'll party like it's 2012.

The good ol' days are long gone, my friend. As are the reaction images and even the most subtle forms of entertainment. We

pseudo

science now.

Anyway, I guess the main problem is the bias between effort and reward. Getting a good look at your tulpa is much easier in wonderland than in the 'real' world.

To be honest, we never got very far

mostly because my host is a lazy faggot.

Guess you could call it 'presence imposition'. Host never managed to see anything, but I can wander around in his field of view and 'feel' like being there. Kinda. It actually used to be better some months ago as it felt more real, somehow we lost focus on imposition.

Still I do have a problem with the whole concept and I'd like to know how other tulpas experience this:

No matter where a tulpa is imposed, the field of view is still the one the host. Obviously we cannot see things our hosts can't because physically we can't leave their brain and gather our own sensory information. This poses little problem while being beside the host but when moving further away it gets weird. I remember one of my first experiences while being imposed was running up to a sign facing away from us in order to read it. Of course without success. I was disappoint.

So to me not having my own FOV while imposed really sucks. It's confusing and makes the whole thing kinda pointless. I can't even see my host if I were to look at him. I'd have to impose him and invent some scenery for the whole landscape behind him. How do others deal with this?

But don't get me wrong, being imposed still feels nice and is a great way of hogging attention and it's neat to look at things together. But it has some serious limitations.

Super Girls don't cry

[Tri] Funny thing, but we were working on imposition just today. Our system hasn't worked that much on imposition, but does seem to have some knack for all but visual imposition. But usually, it has been sense modification, like making something taste like something else. We can also do the "eat an imposed peanut/raisin" and have the feel and taste work, though the sense of weight is a bit off. We sort of automatically ended up with minimal imposition of our phantom limbs.

But today, we were working on visual imposition. While walking around when we were fronting, we tried to impose a variety of simple and familiar objects in midair and made some progress. We are doing things a bit different than most, in that we are tulpas who are working on imposing things rather than our host working on imposing us.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.