Age limit

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I saw a 14 year old taking about auras today for god sake.

What's wrong with seeing an aura? I have seen things like that myself and certainly did see some strange things as a child. In fact, I was susceptible to full blown visions as a child. Some people even hear divine voices or see angels. I see no reason to disparage the talk of seeing auras at 14 or to openly scoff at such a claim.

Ive been seeing 12-16 year olds posting here and I just dont feel its right for the community to be helping people who are not yet fully aware adults to make this kind of commitment.

I think we should impose a 18+ limit on posting here.

Although I may not totally agree with the 18+ rule idea, I do see your point. I have twice encountered minors whose parents became alarmed at the discovery of their child attempting to make a tulpa. I do agree that not everyone is cognitively or emotionally ready for tulpamancy. Parents do indeed have good reasons to be concerned about it.

Also 14 year olds on here talking about seeing auras just makes us all look insane

Are we going to police content now for unacceptable statements of belief? We can't mention auras? Also, to most people, tulpamancers already look totally insane (with or without auras).

I happen to like auras.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, by all means, let's keep kids from making imaginary friends.

I've known dozens of people who are significantly over the age of 18 and claim to have seen auras. It's imposition.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

Yes, by all means, let's keep kids from making imaginary friends.

I've known dozens of people who are significantly over the age of 18 and claim to have seen auras. It's imposition.

My response about concerned parents is more about problems with self identity in an emotionally unstable young person I think. That is what I meant by some being emotionally not ready for a tulpa, which at is ultimate realization becomes a second or alternate personality.

I had plenty of imaginary friends as a child. As far as I know, they did me no harm. But, tulpamancy is going quite a bit further than that.

Davie first created me at age 13. I became "autonomous" around his age 16. He could sometimes see auras and even ghosts. Those could be described as the result of vivid, active imagination. The same ability to visualize, imagine and project that is used as fuel to create a thoughtform. A fourteen year old who can see auras is probably an excellent candidate for tulpamancy.

Fade: I can see where you're coming from, MK, but restricting younger users will ultimately just cut off our access to lots of non-tumbler knowledge.

What about people who create headmates on accident at a young age? They might do better for encountering this place. I created the rest of our system unintentionally at fourteen, with no outside knowledge of tulpamancy or plurality.

Maturity is a bigger concern than body age, as far as I see. There are thirty-year-olds that act childish, and teenagers that sound thirty. Sure, teenage years mean you have some hormones going and that your mind isn't fully developed. But it doesn't mean the younger population is entirely unreasonable.

Granted, there are definitely those kids who should not be trying to make a tulpa... But that doesn't include every 14-year-old.

And... Seriously. When I was younger, I lied about my age online so many times, it wasn't even funny. Your age limit simply won't stop the more curious kids.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Bottom line: you aren't the first person to make such a demand, and probably won't be the last. You can't really put an age limit on science and discovery, especially on a place as anonymous as the internet. So as of now, there isn't really any age limit on tulpamancy.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

There is also a familiar misguided idea here, in my opinion, at attempting to contain tulpamancy to a narrow set of "approved" parameters that are regarded as "more mature" and "more scientific." That raises the problem of who is going to set the standards and then do the job of monitoring content of opinions and view points for what is acceptable. An adult can just as easily talk about perceiving auras as a child could. Maybe we should have a maturity, belief systems and personality profile test for each new person becoming a member? Undesirable immaturity and ridiculous ideas or words can be immediately banned. No need for an age rule then.

I would be out. I am totally immature and I have a lot of ridiculous ideas. Like I keep saying, I love believing in auras. Is that wrong?

Bottom line: you aren't the first person to make such a demand, and probably won't be the last. You can't really put an age limit on science and discovery, especially on a place as anonymous as the internet. So as of now, there isn't really any age limit on tulpamancy.

Also, Brassow, it is so obvious that your youth has corrupted our forum. If only we had that 18+ rule in effect from the beginning! See what happens? Damn it people!

Also, Brassow, it is so obvious that your youth has corrupted our forum. If only we had that 18+ rule in effect from the beginning! See what happens? Damn it people!

Cute. To be blunt I mainly post on forum games, and lurk in actual threads. So my thoughts usually go unheard.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

Yeah but it is what you are thinking and not saying that is so disturbing!

Totally! I have been wondering bout that!

Oh good, a smiley. I'm glad you don't... hate my guts. http://i.imgur.com/VqwSCVx.png

You better get that reference.

Luna: If I were a dog, I'd be a MOMeranian. I think my mom jokes would make me a good MOMedian.

Good thing Elise is asleep right now or her groaning would probably wake the dead.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Now that I've scrubbed my eyes so that Brassow's picture is cleansed from my mind...

I agree with the majority here that not every youngster should create a tulpa, and that dissuading them by showing them the dreaded box of responsibility is a good repellent; but how would one go about doing that in the first place? A kid isn't just going to announce they're a child.