Age limit

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, but how many of these young'uns really ruined their lives by making a tupper? Any estimates? Links?

I haven't heard any cases of kids ruining their lives over this, but I have seen a few pushed in a direction that I wouldn't have advised them to go in.

Guest Anonymous

I have seen a few teens confused about the difference between gender identity issues and multiple personalities. For instance, they may try to create a tulpa in confusion about how to express feelings of being opposite gender to their biological sex. That can kind of identity crisis can be an emotional train wreck for some. That is all I meant by saying that some young people, and some adults, are not always ready to start creating a tulpa.

EDIT: BTW, Melian is many things to me, but she is partly also an expression of female gender. I call her my inner girl. She isn't an alternate personality exactly, but she represents my inner girl. A lot of that went into her.

Thank you Brassow, are there any other people's whose lives were, in one way or another, derailed?

None that I've HEARD of, but I would assume only a dozen or so cases similar to this have occurred in total. That one was just a prime example due to the... completeness of it. There's been plenty of people with problems but those could be brushed off as an actual mental disorder.

I have seen a few teens confused about the difference between gender identity issues and multiple personalities. For instance, they may try to create a tulpa in confusion about how to express feelings of being opposite gender to their biological sex.

Time to make an AK47 tulpa named "Kalash" to express myself.

Putting the train back on its tracks, an age limit won't work. That's it. Chupi close the thread now.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

Good idea.

Oh to clarify, I said I have seen teens confused about gender identity and multiple personalities on the internet in general. I was not talking about tulpa info specifically. I am on multiple forums.

EDIT: BTW, Melian is many things to me, but she is partly also an expression of female gender. I call her my inner girl. She isn't an alternate personality exactly, but she represents my inner girl. A lot of that went into her.

You've probably been told this a bunch already, but look up the Jungian concept of the tulpa. You may find it interesting and relatable to your situation with Melian.

Guest Anonymous

Are you referring to the concept of animus and anima? Yes, I have read about the concept from Carl Jung. He even wrote about his own interaction with his internal anima. Melian could possibly be considered my anima. :-) Referencing Jung's ideas brings us closer to the modern daemons, which are based on Jungian psychology and active imagination technique. They are very similar, if not identical, to tulpas.

Yes, there is nothing more in life that you could possibly experience.

I am also obviously kidding about me being totally mature. No one is weirder than I am btw. No worries my friend.

Yeah sorry I was going along with the joke, tone doesn't convey

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

He just lost himself. His tumblr is linked above, with over two years of documentation. I highly reccomend reading it, as it's very interesting.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033