Age limit

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the link, I read a few posts and I have to say, even though it's really interesting, it'seems hard to believe that this was just caused by creating a tulpa. It seems like he was.. ugh, I can't think of a better word, sorry - like he was vulnerable to schizophrenia? The tulpa creating process may have triggered some psychotic episodes. This is the only way I can explain this. But I'll definitely read more of his posts.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Yeah sorry I was going along with the joke, tone doesn't convey

:-)

We need joke subscripts. (joking)

Thanks for the link, I read a few posts and I have to say, even though it's really interesting, it'seems hard to believe that this was just caused by creating a tulpa. It seems like he was.. ugh, I can't think of a better word, sorry - like he was vulnerable to schizophrenia? The tulpa creating process may have triggered some psychotic episodes. This is the only way I can explain this. But I'll definitely read more of his posts.

The word is "susceptible". People use the same terminology when talking about how psychedelics/hallucinogens can cause people susceptible to things like schizophrenia to develop them.

Guest Anonymous

I remember reading in one of Carl Jung's writings, that some people have a very tenuous or thin boundary between the conscious and unconscious mind. Such persons are more susceptible to psychosis. He also said that it is dangerous to delve into the unconscious mind to interact with mental personas without the guidance of a trained psychologist for this reason.

The word is "susceptible". People use the same terminology when talking about how psychedelics/hallucinogens can cause people susceptible to things like schizophrenia to develop them.

Thank you! I love learning new words and being able to express my thoughts better! :D

Davie, you mentioned Carl Jung a few times now - would you recommend reading some of his stuff? It does sound fairly interesting.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah that was just published recently for the first time wasn't it? I think some of the excerpts in the book I linked Crescendo are from The Red Book in fact.

I am closing this thread since the discussion seems to have runs its course and has now deviated into something entirely different. If you want to continue the discussion of Jung, make a thread for it or dig up the old Red Book thread.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)