All Thoughtforms Are Legitimate Creations

Guest Anonymous

Mmm, gasoline on a fire, maybe. But I'm sided with Mistgod here. Try and argue with me, I dare you.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

This post has been Lyra-edited because giving attention to Mistgod is like pouring gasoline on a fire.

In other words, Dracky has no counter argument to "they are either all fake or none of them are fake" except to accuse me of being an attention seeker. There is no argument or proof that any tulpa is any more real than Melian or, for that matter any more real than my role playing characters. To me, they are all equally legitimate and created from the same thing. Imagination.

Can someone please offer me a real scientific counter argument that is beyond reproach and conclusive on this "scientific forum?" Calling me an attention seeker or a liar is not very scientific is it?

C'mon Tulpa Info. Prove to me that tulpas are more real and more scientific and more legitimate than Melian.

Not going to argue.

Plus I agree that Melian is just as valid as any other thoughtform here, I just fail to see all the persecution that's happening, since of the ten-or-so really active members, almost everybody jumps to Mistgod's defense every time one of these "I AM SO PERSECUTED, WOE IS ME!" threads pops up. Well except for MonsterKid.

Plus there's the little fact that Mistgod used to start endless arguments about how tulpas were all make believe and since that's what Melian was to him then obviously that's what everybody else's tulpa was, end of story. Now the new line is "Melian may not be a tulpa in the sense that everyone else uses the word, but she's totally just as good and everybody is an elitist for saying otherwise." Respect is a two-way street.

I wanna see movies of my dreams.

Guest Anonymous

Plus I agree that Melian is just as valid as any other thoughtform here

Thank you. Of course she is.

, I just fail to see all the persecution that's happening, since of the ten-or-so really active members, almost everybody jumps to Mistgod's defense every time one of these "I AM SO PERSECUTED, WOE IS ME!" threads pops up. Well except for MonsterKid.

EDIT: (I am sorry, the persecution is not happening on the forum as much as in the IRC chat room).

Well, tell people to stop attacking her and I as illegitimate liars , attention seekers and fakers then. Also, Melian is natural drama queen .. oh and a uhmmm...attention seeker.

Plus there's the little fact that Mistgod used to start endless arguments about how tulpas were all make believe and since that's what Melian was to him then obviously that's what everybody else's tulpa was, end of story. Now the new line is "Melian may not be a tulpa in the sense that everyone else uses the word, but she's totally just as good and everybody is an elitist for saying otherwise." Respect is a two-way street.

Your right, there is a new line. I came here to learn and I am grateful, because I have been. Thank you Tulpa Info. Are not all tulpamancers here to learn?

I am using respect. It is a scientific discussion forum and I am discussing my hypothesis. People need to show me respect too. You are right it is a two way street. I respect all tulpas. I just happen to think they are imaginary, just like Melian.

EDIT: Apparently "respect" on Tulpa Info means only having the proper viewpoint and belief or conforming. Well, that is not very scientific is it? That is more like a religion.

EDIT2: So. Again, I believe all thoughtforms are legitimate or just as legitimate and important and awesome and special as a tulpa ever was. No one has even attempted to give a good argument against the OP. All I got so far was the rather rude implication that I don't belong here, a farting sound, being accused of being an attention seeker, the implication that I am being disrespectful, and ... well.. that's about it. There have been no real reasoned arguments on how tulpas are more scientifically legitimate (more respectful, more special, more awesome) than other thougtforms. Right now I am not seeing it.

I will be honest. From the behavior of the tulpas I have seen in the chat room, I am not all that impressed. So what they are apparent independent sentience? Big whoop. Most seem to match the hosts desire to act like a dick for no reason, and repeat vulgar potty humor jokes. Tell me how this is better than Melian's childish antics again?

What is so noble and amazing about a tulpa over other thoughtforms (daemons, soulbonds, literary characters and rpg characters) or more legitimate than Melian with her traits? Someone give me something that might change my mind. Remember my role playing characters are pretty fucking cool to me, so it had better be significant, something better than your tulpa switching with you to play video games or scratch your ass.

I am kinda hoping that this stops here and people will relax about Melian and I and our viewpoints. Today's posts by Melian and I were in reaction to again being called an illegitimate liar, faker and role player in the chatroom, simply because of our views and personality. That is not impressive or scientific discussion, it is just mean spirited and spiteful intolerance.

I am a role player and I have a thoughtfrom that is semi-independent and semi-autonomous. I sometimes puppet her in day dreams and sometimes she acts more independent. She is just as legitimate as any tulpa ever was. I have seen living literary characters (souldbonds or IIA) that are far more impressive and interesting than some of the tulpas I have met.

Don't misunderstand. I like tulpas and I still think they are amazing. But please, those of you doing it stop with the suspicion, paranoia, elitism and snobbish dismissal, especially in the IRC chatroom.

If they are legit to you, then thats fine. However, I have quite a defined idea of what a tulpa is.

You can not convince me that someone roleplaying or someone having just a normal imaginary friend is as legit as something someone put months of work into. You can not convince me that someone parroting responses is as legit as creating an apparently independent consciousness. If you are roleplaying or just have an imaginary friend, you have no place being in this place of science and research because you could just spout utter bullshit and confuse the already dense and confusing issue of what a tulpa is.

No one is going to stop accusing you of fakery because thats what roleplaying and imaginary friends are, they are fake. They are not all equally fake. You are talking fucking nonesense to make yourself feel better about your lack of tulpa.

I think that would be a big assumption. Mistgod has had melian for over 20 years, with tons of active and passive forcing put in. He has a right to be here as much as anyone else, and his opinions should not be chalked up to jealousy.

The real disagreement here is vernacular. Mist God was talking about the different types of thoughtforms, while you were talking about the degree of development. Someone could meet a dream character, have what starts as a fictional character, have what starts as a trait list, have what starts as imaginary friend, etc. Many are of the opinion that it's all roads to the same path as thought form creation, which we can all agree takes hard work. Role-playing as used on this forum has been adopted to mean "lying your butt off about having a developed thoughtform".

Guest Anonymous

Thank you TulpaFox!

I think that would be a big assumption. Mistgod has had melian for over 20 years, with tons of active and passive forcing put in. He has a right to be here as much as anyone else, and his opinions should not be chalked up to jealousy.

I have never understood, quite frankly, why some react this way about Melian and I. I can see getting a little irritated at our views, but to state that we are not welcome is going too far. I have never said that to anyone else ever in public. Never once. I have never told anyone they are lying either. I have never told someone they are fake or false. Never once, not in six months being on the forum or in the chat. (note: okay, full disclosure, there was one heated disagreement with someone in a pm where I questioned their sanity and sincerity -- that was wrong--but that was five months ago or more I think.)

Having a somewhat different semantic approach to the nature of tulpas really should not be that big of a deal. The end result is the same, an apparently sentient tulpa. We all agree on that. It's not like I am saying all tulpamancers are lying or fake. Far from it. It is the exact opposite actually.

I keep repeating that I think tulpas and tulpamancers are amazing and incredible. Why would I spend so much time here if I did not think so? Have I been trolling every day for six months? Like answering all those posts and sharing my history and Melian so that I can troll?

Yeah that is it, I admit it. I am a big troll and determined to fake you out! I wrote an 118 page book about it to fake you out. And drew Melian hundreds of times. I have done two podcasts and a utube video about Melian to fake you guys out and troll you too. I have alienated some of my family over it. My mother won't speak to me, my sister thinks I have lost my mind. I did all this, so that I can lie and fake you all out. So obvious! <---It is Sarcasm for those who ... never mind.

Role-playing as used on this forum has been adopted to mean "lying your butt off about having a developed thoughtform".

That is unfortunate in my opinion. Role playing and method acting is not evil and not toxic to tulpamancy. In fact, I would argue a fair amount of it is going on when it comes to proxy typing. People just can't bring themselves to say it out loud because of fear. I am the one man who is unafraid to talk about it on this forum. That is an my unpopular opinion, but a valid viewpoint. And yes, I do belong here, and no, I will not be leaving.

It is unfortunate, but it's not entirely unreasonable when you realize this was a completely new and subjective phenomenon that sounds completely crazy at first. In the middle of developing norms and definitions, it's kind of to be expected people will be defensive and even offensive about what they're trying to establish as right/wrong. We're a little more chill now, but it's not like the rest of the world changed with us. People still come to the community completely blind to the phenomenon, and they still have to learn just like they did back then, there's just a more solid base to do so from.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

I do understand the uneasiness I guess. Maybe that is why I am here, to painfully, slowly, irritatingly remove that uncomfortable feeling about role players. LOL I will make it my mission (within reason).