TV Shows and Movies You Share with Your Tulpa(s) (Is this passive forcing?)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Melian and I were musing about the subject of TV Shows and Movies to watch this morning after posting a poll asking hosts and tulpas if they are Star Wars fans.

Melian and I watch TV and movies together. We like a lot of things the same, but some shows she prefers such as The Paradise and those romantic epic dramas set in Victorian England.

There are a lot of movies we like together. As far as movies that inspire us about imagination and our relationship, these are our favorites:

The Neverending Story

The Neverending Story 2

Bridge to Tarabithia

Ruby Sparks

There was one thread we found about hosts and tulpas watching movies and videos together here: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-watching-movies-videos-with-tulpa?highlight=movies It seems to be mainly about how to concentrate on your tulpa (passive force) while watching the videos. Melian and I have no trouble remaining aware of each other's presence during a TV show or a movie.

Are there any TV Shows or movies you and your tulpa(s) like to share or that inspire you? Do you have any difficulty "focusing on" or remembering your tulpa during the show? How do/does your tulpa(s) react to watching videos? How is this reaction communicated to you or how do you perceive it? Do your preferences differ and do you ever watch a video just so your tulpa can watch it, even though it is less interesting to you? Can watching videos together be considered passive forcing?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking to your tulpa can qualify as passive forcing, getting their opinions and reactions to things and so on. As for everything else in that post - yes I have trouble keeping my tulpa(s) in mind while watching something and even if I pay attention to them I can't focus well with something playing.. So we don't do that. We tried though, this way and just through switching. Same problem but at least I know they like what I watch.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

I can feel Melian's reactions to the videos. Is that the same as "keeping them in mind." I mean, do you have to actively think about the tulpas in order to perceive reactions? I am so obsessed with Melian, almost everything is associated with her. That makes it easy to be thinking about her. Every actress in every movie is compared to her in my mind for one thing. Elements of actresses became Melian in fact or were amalgamated into her form originally. When I watch a film, I imagine myself in the situations and imagine Melian in romantic settings.

I am sorry. I am not trying brag or anything, I am just explaining how I experience these things. I think this latest series of questions is helping me to begin to get a picture about something. I think there are different categories of tulpamancers and different experiences when it comes to active imagination and how it effects our lives. I have always felt I was a little nuts because everything in my world relates back to Melian. Do you remember my piece about my "day dream filter" and being unable or having difficulty seeing the real world as it truly is? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-general-unhealthy-tulpa-obsession-and-day-dream-idealized-perception I have trouble focusing on things I am supposed be doing. Anyway, movies and videos are especially potent "triggers" for day dreaming about Melian. She is based on movies and TV shows.

Watching movies and TV shows with my tulpas is probably the easiest way to force for me. I have never had trouble imagining them there; I have a tendency to position myself to accommodate for them, as if they were physically there. Little things, like them shuffling their feet or moving, seem vivid and real as they would if I were watching TV with another person. I like to watch all sorts of things with them, and they each have their own favorites. I watch Parks and Recreation with Gamzee a lot, and more mild-humored, cartoony-stuff with Obsidian. Quartz has an attachment to classics- God, I'm just now thinking, why haven't I watched Titanic with him?

probably because i would cry oops

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

Guest Anonymous

Talking to your tulpa can qualify as passive forcing, getting their opinions and reactions to things and so on. As for everything else in that post - yes I have trouble keeping my tulpa(s) in mind while watching something and even if I pay attention to them I can't focus well with something playing.. So we don't do that. We tried though, this way and just through switching. Same problem but at least I know they like what I watch.

Watching movies and TV shows with my tulpas is probably the easiest way to force for me. I have never had trouble imagining them there; I have a tendency to position myself to accommodate for them, as if they were physically there. Little things, like them shuffling their feet or moving, seem vivid and real as they would if I were watching TV with another person.

Just from the first two answers it sort of confirms something for me. The way we perceive the tulpas in our lives varies tremendously! I mean as far as how we are interacting with them. That is important! That is important because sometimes people do not understand me when I talk about how I interact with my thoughtform and how I regard her in relation to my general experience with imagination.

For one thing, I never imagine Melian in the room with me. She does not take up any physical space at all in the real world. Melian exists only within the mindspace.

I don't mean to imply that these differences are good or bad, but if we are going to communicate on Tulpa Info about our experiences, without misinterpretation and misunderstanding, we have to recognize these differences exist.

I had a really good time listening to Pearls opinion of a movie or book. Her favorite movie is GATTACA, and her favorite book is the Giver... When she watches movies, she talks a lot and I think it's adorable when she would get angry and yell at the movie because it didn't end "correctly". She really enjoyed reading with me too...

I haven't seen her in a couple of days now... It has been real rough...

I mean, yes, I can get feels on request without much focus from any of my tulpas at any time. But even assuming I'm not distracted by what we're watching, it's still not really a conversation. They're not really forming solid thoughts and reactions. I have to like pause what we're watching and then talk to them.

And, just in case you meant like, can I not get responses from them without my focus - no. Not at all. I should think I'd be infamous for being absolutely, completely unable to parallel process in any way shape or form by now. I cannot focus on something and have my tulpas speak to me while doing so. That's not a limitation of my tulpas, it's a limitation of my mind. It's why I quit trying to learn piano, even. God forbid I ever see that ball-counting parallel process test on deviantart again, that was soulcrushing.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

I mean, yes, I can get feels on request without much focus from any of my tulpas at any time. But even assuming I'm not distracted by what we're watching, it's still not really a conversation. They're not really forming solid thoughts and reactions. I have to like pause what we're watching and then talk to them.

And, just in case you meant like, can I not get responses from them without my focus - no. Not at all. I should think I'd be infamous for being absolutely, completely unable to parallel process in any way shape or form by now. I cannot focus on something and have my tulpas speak to me while doing so. That's not a limitation of my tulpas, it's a limitation of my mind. It's why I quit trying to learn piano, even. God forbid I ever see that ball-counting parallel process test on deviantart again, that was soulcrushing.

Just to be clear, I did not mean to imply a limit on your tulpas!  Oh gosh, this is always so hard to talk about without hurt feelings or misinterpretation.  It sounds like we are more alike than different.  

I like your description of it being an issue of multi-processing.  Hell, I have trouble hearing people TALK and have a conversation during a show too.  That is true even with real people.  Melian doesn't talk to me and I don't talk to her either during videos.  The interaction is more like day dreaming and emotions and feelings.  We talk during the commercials. LOL

The way a tulpa and host perceives a movie together seems important to me for some reason.  

I am noticing a difference in how we project imagination into the world around us and how it relates to our tulpas.  For some, tulpas are like real people and interact with the world, from inside the body, as real people without need of a wonderland or other superfluous elements of fantasy.  Others project their tulpas into the environment around them similar to the way a child imagines an imaginary friend in the room near them.  Others perceive their tulpas in running day dreams in the mind like a movie or TV show.

I have the running day dream in the mind type of thoughtform.  Melian literally gets into the movie I am watching.  She becomes part of it, not just watching it with me.  

I am having trouble articulating what I am trying to say.   Maybe that is because I am insane.

EDIT:  This also happens with books.  Melian takes on almost every female role in a fiction book I am reading.  Every female character, becomes a version of Melian, as she is the actress acting out all the female parts of the story.  She doesn't just read the book with me, she becomes part of the story.  She role plays the characters, especially romantic female heroines.

I hope that is helping....

I had a really good time listening to Pearls opinion of a movie or book. Her favorite movie is GATTACA, and her favorite book is the Giver... When she watches movies, she talks a lot and I think it's adorable when she would get angry and yell at the movie because it didn't end "correctly". She really enjoyed reading with me too...

I haven't seen her in a couple of days now... It has been real rough...

Melian:  That is cute!  

OH I am sure she will be back.  Off having fun somewhere in the wonderland or mind space no doubt.