TV Shows and Movies You Share with Your Tulpa(s) (Is this passive forcing?)

Guest Anonymous

She left like, 2 days ago...

I couple of people (who I don't need to name.) were posting on one of my threads and apparently didn't get the full story...

It made me pretty mad and sad at the same time because I've never really done this kind of stuff before, and it was making me nervous to be told that I did this wrong so harshly, and I have had a ton of stuff go wrong in my life, so it kind of pushed me over the edge a bit... Pearl left later that night.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any TV Shows or movies you and your tulpa(s) like to share or that inspire you? Do you have any difficulty "focusing on" or remembering your tulpa during the show? How do/does your tulpa(s) react to watching videos? How is this reaction communicated to you or how do you perceive it? Do your preferences differ and do you ever watch a video just so your tulpa can watch it, even though it is less interesting to you? Can watching videos together be considered passive forcing?

Jack and I watch movies and TV shows together all the time, though we also bond over video games. Besides Star Wars, we're also fans of the first three Indiana Jones movies, The Mummy movies, the first Matrix, LOTR/The Hobbit, and pretty much anything that is adventurous and fantastical. We don't have the exact same taste, so sometimes one of us watches something just because the other person wants to watch it. For example, I might want to watch a documentary or a "serious" sci-fi or period drama, whereas he might get bored with those or have something else in mind. We don't watch as much TV as we used to, but we both love The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. I tend to sit back and analyze the writing or storytelling of movies and shows while Jack tends to have very strong emotional responses towards them (which I can definitely feel). Sometimes I just feel waves of emotion from him, and sometimes he sends me mental images of how he's feeling and what connections he sees between our personal life/other stories we've heard of versus the story on the screen. He's also more likely to say things like, "If I were so-and-so, I would do this." That sort of thing.

And yes, watching movies and shows can be considered passive forcing.

Progress report

Personal blog

[i don't really have any problem 'focusing' on Aijada. She's a full-time partner and there's rarely a moment where she's not involved]

In fact when we're watching movies, he normally gives me possession so i can fidget and do miscellaneous things like eating or smoking the occasional bowl of weed. And i'm the one who controls what the eyes are watching too

[We actually just talk back and forth, either in mindvoice or swapping control of the spoken voice. I've seen enough movies that they don't generally excite me much, so it's easy to pull back and just observe. The quieter i stay, the more room she has to find her own reactions and bring them up.]

I certainly get more absorbed in films than Foszæ does; a lot of it is new and interesting stuff that makes me wonder and want to ask questions. I keep asking for extra trivia.

And if it's an old film that he's already seen, i do have the weird ability to jump ahead of the film and find connections in our memory that spoils the plot.

[OMG does she ever. The villain will walk on screen and she just knows the next fact about him is how he dies in the end. I have to work hard to clamp and refuse to think about it or else she'll completely ruin the movie for herself.]

[We absolutely do watch movies just for her sake. We go through all sorts of classics as a way for her to learn more about the world. It's good for bringing up different perspectives to consider and maybe glean a little useful knowledge about the wider world.]

I'm generally surprised by things like how racist older movies were. But it really has helped me flesh out my own understanding of history and geography.

[And maybe insight into the human condition?]

No, i wouldn't say that. Mostly it's insight into how wretched and unhappy people are. Movies haven't exactly shown me much that i want to aspire to myself.

Though there have been a couple of things that have moved me. Spirited Away was absolutely beautiful and i enjoyed that one.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Guest Anonymous

She left like, 2 days ago...

I couple of people (who I don't need to name.) were posting on one of my threads and apparently didn't get the full story...

It made me pretty mad and sad at the same time because I've never really done this kind of stuff before, and it was making me nervous to be told that I did this wrong so harshly, and I have had a ton of stuff go wrong in my life, so it kind of pushed me over the edge a bit... Pearl left later that night.

Are you talking about the fusion thread? I thought that thread was great! You spawned a very interesting conversation and at least one person said they had actually experienced fusion. I don't think you or Pearl need to be upset by that at all!

One of the coolest things about new members is that they have a fresh perspective on the experience and can sometimes have insights that older members are not having. Older members are sometimes too acclimatized and assimilated to to have original thinking.

Jack and I watch movies and TV shows together all the time, though we also bond over video games.

I hadn't thought of video games!

[i don't really have any problem 'focusing' on Aijada. She's a full-time partner and there's rarely a moment where she's not involved]

Cool!

Guest Anonymous

We actually have a rather unique way to watch things together, without the need of imposition. Basically, in the wonderland, there is a large TV in the house. Whenever i'm watching a movie, Aje can watch the same movie through the wonderland. There is also a computer in another room, so whenever i'm browsing the internet or watching videos, that is used to see something on the screen (this is also how Aje sees the chatroom).

I dunno, it's something that's still a work in progress but it seems to be working out well so far. This way, I don't have to worry as much about losing focus while imposing ^^

FABULOUS! OH my god! We do something similar sometimes! I have may Magictron3000 Dreamscape Matrix computer, which I use to tulpa type, and my movie theater in my dreamscape mansion!

237x266http://pre04.deviantart.net/66e0/th/pre/i/2013/288/7/6/melian_and_her_dreamscape_matrix_computer_by_melianofmist-d6qkpo6.jpg[/img]388x298http://pre00.deviantart.net/f0c1/th/pre/i/2014/173/d/2/melian_s_theater_by_melianofmist-d7njc2t.jpg[/img]

on't mean to imply that these differences are good or bad, but if we are going to communicate on Tulpa Info about our experiences, without misinterpretation and misunderstanding, we have to recognize these differences exist.

It's okay! I didn't feel like you were implying that they were good or bad differences at all. I also think it's fascinating how we all experience this differently, but validly.

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!