What physical techniques do you use for forcing?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

326x368http://pre07.deviantart.net/55cc/th/pre/i/2014/165/8/8/melian_meditating_in_the_stars_by_melianofmist-d7mf2ey.jpg[/img]

For some reason, in my mind, when I hear the word "forcing" I picture a lot of tulpamancers sitting in a lotus position meditating when they force.

Is that impression accurate?

When I day dreamed about Melian I would sit and stare at a blank wall or I would walk in circles. I tended to want to be alone to avoid being seen doing this and to have a quiet place without interruption. So I would isolate myself somewhere.

I am curious about the different techniques that people are actually using to force. Sorry if there is a thread already like this out there. If there is we can link it here I suppose.

Does anyone breathe a special way or do yoga or anything really cool like that?

That would be for the best, and I think it's relatively common, but a lot of the time people don't do anything special. Lotus and uh, the position where you sit with your knees on the floor with your back straight, are recommended in the guides I've seen. Which is not many but yeah. For those who actually bother to meditate for forcing, you're probably right. But I'm pretty sure most of us are a lot lazier than that and probably just sit wherever they use the computer (like me) or attempt to force before going to sleep in bed. The former works for me, but I hear these types of things go better if you make a dedicated area for them and not one you use otherwise. The latter is great.. if you can focus and not fall asleep. That's a bad habit a lot of tulpamancers have I think, not making time during the day and attempting to do it at night, only to fall asleep or just be too tired to do so.

I don't breathe in a "special way", but I do close my eyes and take deep breaths to clear my mind before switching. I suppose I also do that when I want to have a serious and clear conversation with my tulpas, but it's not really necessary most of the time.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I never sit in lotus position for something like that, since i simply can't get comfortable that way. (My legs start to hurt fast when i sit like that) Mainly i'm using "standard meditation" stuff for forcing. Closing eyes, freeing my mind, focus on her, trying to get a clear image from her sitting in front of me. Additionally i adapted a technique i found somewhere here. It's basically the same, but this time she touches my forehead with her hands and while i focus on her, she is asked to focus on me aswell.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Step 1: Lay down.

Step 2: Open up a folder with over 6k pictures of tupper. Put em on a random slideshow.

Step 3: Try to memorize some.

Step 4: Fail step 3.

Step 5: Put some relaxing music on. I.E.:Solar Fields, Celldweller, etc... Headphones only, final destination.

Step 6: Remember that I need to force.

Step 7: Put blindfold-sock on eyes

Step 8: Force.

Step 9: Force.

Step 50: ???

Step 51: No profit, because I suck at concentrating.

Most of the time I do active forcing right before bed, so I just lay down, close my eyes, and start forcing. I haven't actually tried active forcing more than a couple times differently because I have ADHD and get distracted by literally anything capable of getting my attention.

Sometimes, though, I do get some downtime at work and find myself able to force for maybe like five minutes while waiting for a customer. During that time I'll stare into space while standing and force, while keeping a small amount of my attention on my surroundings so I can tell when someone comes into my lane to check out.

As for the breathing/yoga thing, I usually don't do anything special unless I need to calm down before a forcing session. If anything I just do a generic breathing exercise for a few minutes.

Sharu (host) || Arro (tulpa)

Fade: Every minute of my life for about two years has been at least passive forcing to some extent. Every step, every day. It's not like they turn off. Not event when I'm asleep. Probably because as a kid, I used to entertain myself by daydreaming in my own little worlds with my eyes open as I went about my slightly not-entertaining life. It's really easy for me to maintain attention to the muses, which is probably why there are ten of them with me in here, and yet they are all pretty far developed.

Jamie: I would go as far as to say, we are on the same level as most tulpas.

Fade: But certain situations lead into active forcing rather than just passively chatting with each other. We've found that it's easier for them to let me into dreaming situations in the alternate worlds in our mindscape when the body is pacing or when we're in the car. Just effortless movement in general seems to encourage it.

Ironically, meditation has proven relatively useless to us when it comes to forcing. I just fall asleep or get listless and space out on everyone else. In fact, I think it's just weird for us to active force in general without some stimulus. Music, movement, etc etc.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Guest Anonymous
Probably because as a kid, I used to entertain myself by daydreaming in my own little worlds with my eyes open as I went about my slightly not-entertaining life.

I should stop posting all these image macros to avoid looking like a flaming reta-

a3lwQtR.gif