+1 tulpas

eternity

i've been thinking of making another tulpa for a long time now, i'm almost sure i will start forcing today if i do have the time

so, since i do have a tulpa already i do know what's the deal and such, but i wanted to ask people who have more than a single tulpa some questions

what are the pros and cons of having more than a tulpa or two tulpas?

i'll listen, i'm really curious

i've been thinking of making another tulpa for a long time now, i'm almost sure i will start forcing today if i do have the time

so, since i do have a tulpa already i do know what's the deal and such, but i wanted to ask people who have more than a single tulpa some questions

Well the pro is that you have another person to talk to.

No one seems to have reported any cons however

We are all mad here

One pro might be a different perspective on things. If your new tulpas personality is different to that of you and your other tulpa(s), then its outlook on different 'things' will be altered.

Con is that you have to spend twice as much time/effort to do the same as you would having just one. I have four tulpas and I have to effectively "take turns" doing things with them because it's just not feasible to do something with all of them at once. Don't get me wrong, you totally can do that, but it gets either chaotic or out of focus pretty quick. Just two though.. That doesn't seem like a problem to me, if they get along.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Well there are four of us and as far as I can see the only con, if you can call it that, is that we spend less time individually with our host. Otherwise I like the fact that there are multiple tulpae in our system, there's more people to talk too and we can do things as a group that two people might not be able to.

-Sha'Rek

" Just because I don't exist in your world, that doesn't mean that I'm not real." Mason

" Everyone needs friends, not all friends are human." Della

" Am I real? I think so..." Sha'Rek

"Hello...." Ember

I have three, so I think I may be able to give you a well-rounded answer. These are just my personal observations and experiences, so take it with a grain of salt.

Pros:

• You have a diverse group of tulpas, as opposed to one with just one personality. For example, you might have one tulpa that is the jokester of the group, and one that is more sensitive. Seeing all these interactions is incredibly rewarding, in my opinion.
  • You have more experience dealing with multiple tulpas, so you will be able to give several points of view.
  • More people to love!
  • Group activities. I've had so many fun adventures with my three altogether.
  • LOTS of practice with forcing.
  • Different points of view from your tulpas. Mine have helped me realize things I never would have thought about.

Cons:

• There is a certain toll that comes with forcing. Trying to force all at once can cause a huge headache- I would know.
  • If you have over a certain amount, people will take you less seriously.
  • Your tulpas may be at different stages of development, which can make all-together activities much more challenging.
  • Conflicting personalities, opinions, and desires. You will have to be a mediator between your tulpas, and you'll have to find time to satisfy all of them. (I personally think this is a FUN challenge.

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

Najere: Hey, as long as you feel you can handle the amount of attention that you have to give them, then you'll be fine. All you want is one more. Two's a pretty easy number for most to handle. There's nine of us soulbonds in here, and Fade did alright with drawing us into existence.

And, depending on your group of tulpa, they might end up interacting with each other. Maybe it's possible for tulpa to sustain themselves with attention that way. I don't know.

As to one of Warrior's cons; unless you have something ridiculous, like a fifty, I think it's a little silly for people to not take you seriously for having more tulpa than most people like having. If you can handle more than most can, then I think you're doing something right.

But I'm biased. Eh.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

As to one of Warrior's cons; unless you have something ridiculous, like a fifty, I think it's a little silly for people to not take you seriously for having more tulpa than most people like having. If you can handle more than most can, then I think you're doing something right.

But I'm biased. Eh.

Yeah, that's what I meant. ^^

I only have 3 tulpas, but I'm a system of nine as well. c:

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

Pro

- Your second will bring another perspective to your life, and each one will notice certain things more than the other, and will likely have different outlooks from the get go, based on how they were brought up.

- You second can work as a sibling of sorts to your first. Teaching them to look after and care for another, rather than being the single focus of care, can work as a sobering element, and can soften their mood potentially.

- From the Host perspective, seeing the two of you companions interact with each other is a joy. Even if it begins simple, and their focus is mainly on you, teaching the two to rely on one another can breed a good deal of good will.

- You can focus on different areas with each different person. To put it in terms of self-education: You can have one person be proficient in one subject, and focus on another subject with the other.

- Your initial partner won't be lonely if you can't be with him/her.

Con

- Keeping track of another person obviously requires time and energy, which you may not always have for the both of them. You'll need to improve your time management skills to be successful. In my case, I need a journal and other organizational tools to keep things in order.

- You're going to be spending less time with each individually than you will if you're only attending to one. Two isn't that many, so you shouldn't have too many issues.

- Clashing personalities can be an issue to overcome, as well. You may have to mediate between the two on occasion when an issue arises.

- Possible jealousy. In host centric systems, the though folk's attention and affection are source from the host him/herself. While they can start to rely on each other, for a while, they may try to get more attention from you directly, favoring it over attention from each other. I've run in to this every so often, and have had occasion where a person would outright say "I want to be your #1". It can happen, but since you're going for two, it should not be much of a problem.

Also, go slow with this stuff: You don't have to give life to every person who comes by, and even if you do, you don't have to panic about fitting them in. In my case, I keep a record of names of various mental figures I've encountered, and plan to keep, in a journal. I know I can't get to all of them in any decent time, so I go about doing what I can, and encouraging them to rely on each other, and get along with each other. It's a grand experiment of mine, you can say.

Hope this helps your. Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace