Possible Creation Question

Dedenjoe

Hi! I'm VERY new to all this Tulpa stuff and am kind of excited to learn about it. I read a lot of the general information on Tulpa creation and whatnot but I had some very specific questions about shape and the limits of the Tulpa's form. I understand that a Tulpa can be given a form by the host, a Tulpa can pick the form it wants, and the Tulpa's form can change at will (of both host and Tulpa if I understand correctly). This is where my questions come in...

1: How do you keep your Tulpa from becoming a nebulous ever changing entity? I can imagine it'd be difficult to visualize and force one's Tulpa if it is continuously shifting between this and that.

2: Can a Tulpa be given the form of a non-living entity (I.e a Lamp, a sofa, wardrobe, etc.)? I'm sure a Tulpa would change out of this form eventually (who wants to be a lamp forever?) but I was curious about that.

3: Finally, building off the last question, can you give your Tulpa the form of a PLACE? I'm wondering if a Tulpa can be structured as a building or similar structure. Visualizing the Tulpa would be much like visiting the Wonderland I read about and actually being able to move through the Tulpa and still be able to communicate with it. Is that even possible? Or is this a bit to far fetched?

Bonus question: Although I'm a bit skeptical of the entire process of Tulpamancy, I am eager to give it a try. But I am worried that I may not be the best person to try this (for a number of reasons). Any advice that would put my mind at ease and encourage my pursuit of this endeavor?

Thank you for your time and patience! I look forward to hearing from anyone willing to listen. Have a great day!

1. That is what visualization exercises are for. Also, usually the host and tulpa will pick a form they both like and settle it in their minds. When both minds are in agreement what the form is, it only makes sense that the form will be stable.

2. Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's not exciting to talk to a chair.

3. That is possible but you might have difficulty visualizing the whole of your tulpa. It might be better to create a normal wonderland and let your tulpa inhabit it as an invisible spirit to talk to you or something.

1. Your Tulpa probably doesn't want to be a neboulous ever changing entity, so i don't think you need to afraid of this. Orignally i wanted my tulpa to be able to turn herself into black mist, partly or entirely, to make it easier for her to be around me. She prettry much discarded that ability and only uses it for changing her clothes sometimes, through letting them turn to black mist. The whole visualisation process can be difficult at first, but don't get discouraged because of silly scenarios like that.

2. There is no real limitation.

3. Well yes, but i don't know why you would do something like that. Your tulpa would be very limited in its possibilities to move around, interact with you etc. You may want to keep in mind, that not everyone is using a wonderland to interact with their tulpa, with choosing this option you would lose this ability to keep it around in your real life environment.

Bonus: You're the only one, who can make that decision. It is a process which takes time and effort, and you may get discouraged through the process a lot. You should be aware, that it's not a play around thing, you're probably going to take it with you the rest of your life. If thats fine in your books, and you don't have any heavy mental problems, there is no real reason why you shouldn't do it. Reflect about it, before getting started.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Tulpa

I believe that tulpas have a certain sense of identity. Well, anything that comes to be sentient is going to have a certain sense of identity in the end, so you shouldn't worry too much about that.

'Course it can. A tulpa can be anything at all form-wise.

'Course you can.

Helooooo! I'm Dracky's tulpa, and Imma answer this one instead of him because his answers are always so dry and boring.

1. Pick a form and STICK WITH IT. Don't be a waffle and keep switching forms. It makes it hard to git gud at visualizing your tulpa, and it screws with their development. My host changed me like ten times before I was able to speak up and make him quit it.

2. Uh, I guess but who wants to talk to furniture?

3. Ooooh... Somebody needs to make a tulpa of Ego: The Living Planet. Doooo iiiiit.

Bonus: Dracky is a skeptic about everything. Tell the guy the sky is blue and he's gonna go check. But somehow he stuck with it, and I turned his doubt inside out. You're gonna get discouraged and feel like you're wasting your time, but the longer you stick with it and the stronger your tulpa gets, the harder it is to doubt them. You can do it!

I wanna see movies of my dreams.

Q1: How do you keep your Tulpa from becoming a nebulous ever changing entity?

A1: You give it a stable form. Decide on something you both like. If they aren't vocal yet, don't worry- in the future, if they don't like it, you both can work together to find something you both like. As long as you don't constantly visualize a nebulous ever-changing entity, it should not become one.

Q2: Can a Tulpa be given the form of a non-living entity (I.e a Lamp, a sofa, wardrobe, etc.)?

A: Sure, though that would be awkward, and it might hinder your ability to treat them as a living person.

Q3: Finally, building off the last question, can you give your Tulpa the form of a PLACE?

A: I don't really think that would work well, but you could try. It would be like that movie Monster House.

*lightning strikes* It's aliveeeee!

Bonus question: Although I'm a bit skeptical of the entire process of Tulpamancy, I am eager to give it a try. But I am worried that I may not be the best person to try this (for a number of reasons). Any advice that would put my mind at ease and encourage my pursuit of this endeavor?

I am probably the least mentally stable person here and I have three tulpas, so I think you're fine. Just don't hurt your tulpas, and if you do, apologize.

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

1. Still figuring this out myself, to be honest

2. It's entirely possible, and depending on what kind of "inanimate object" they are, it might even have a chance of working.

3. I'll be entirely honest here: To me, this actually sounds like it would work better than the previous idea. One exsmple comes to mind: GLaDOS. [Portal spoilers beyond this point, but the game is 8 years old by now. Everyone knows that

the cake is a lie.

] She's an AI who has control of the entire facility, so in a way, wouldn't that mean she IS the entire facility? With this in mind, the idea of a tulpa and a wonderland being one and the same makes more sense than one would initially think.

Bonus: That's your decision to make. I hate to give vague answers like that, but the person who knows you best is you. All I can say is that most people who dedicate themselves to it tend to get good results. There is a small handful of notorious "worst-case scenarios (Citation: Search "Koomer," though I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who's just starting out)," but those people were mentally unstable (Not the exaggerated kind of "mentally unstable" like the person above mentioned; I mean legitimate severe mental problems) to begin with. If this doesn't describe you, it's probably fine.

Anyway, I have to go to school now. I hope this helped.

"Don't listen to friends when the friend inside you says 'Do this.'" -Gandhi

Tulpa Name: Ellie

Created: 11/13/13

Thank you all for all of your feed back! Sorry I took so long to come back, I've been busy with school, work, internships, etc. But I do appreciate all the knowledge you have all given me. I will take into consideration what you have all said and recommended. I still have yet to decide whether or not to go through with the process. But in time, I may join your community with a brand new mind! Have a great day everyone! Thank you for your time, patience, and understanding!