Tulpa book

Spiritualgeek

My sole aim in life is to become a fiction writer, and when I started creating my Tulpa I thought "I could write a book on this!"

It will be a kids book, aimed at 7-11 year olds, and it will serve as a place for young Tulpamancers to get interested and enjoy this phenomenon. For this reason, it isn't going to be like a creepy pasta with Tulpas effecting the physical world, but I will keep it as accurate as possible.

What do you think about this? Any thoughts? Any details on Tulpa creation I must make sure I'm correct with? What experiences with Tulpas have you had that might be useful, specifically with your friends and family and how they reacted and received the news?

I think this book will be a good thing and will add to this community and remove some stigma held against Tulpas but I know that my experiences alone won't be enough.

Thanks all

~Spiritual Geek~

Well it sounds fun, but i'm worried at the same time. I think it is a bad idea when we end up with 7-11 years old creating tulpas because it sounded cool in a book, and afterwards we end up with a flood of way too young people, who can't handle it.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I'd have to second NoneFromHell's comment, I don't think young people would be able to handle the responsibility of creating a tulpa. We'd probably have a lot of immature (don't mean it negatively) children who might not take their tulpas seriously.

On the bright side, it will give lots of good awareness towards the subject and the tulpa community will grow. I can see if it's aimed at young adults, having more experience of life in general and can easily come to the reason of whether they'd be interested and if they're able to take it.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

Having a tulpa being able to affect the real world (without using possession) sounds like terrible misinformation to be spreading. Why propagate harmful myths? If you're going to do that, why even pretend to talk about accuracy?

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

I think it's awesome. I'm doing exactly the same thing. Well, Vris is. She's writing her adventures with me and the other tulpae she has met. It's in Wattpad if you're interested, but it's in spanish.

~L. ♠️

Aaaaaaaand I'm with NoneFromHell that it shouldn't be a book just for kids. It can be a normal book if you want.

~L. ♠️

I see your points now. Maybe a load of seven year olds on this forum isn't the best idea. But there are some things I want to add:

1) although that is the age range, I've planned all my books to be aimed at those on the maturer end of the spectrum.

2) it isn't going to be a carefree book, it will be a serious one with serious problems for the protagonist. It will involve death, seclusion, family division and possibly more (looking at this I might have to push the bar to 11+)

3) it's a place to start. Something to inspire. Something that they probably just put down and go "good book" when their finished but will make them think when they're older and mature enough for Tulpa

I see what you all mean now. Inspiring young kids to join maybe isn't a bad thing but possibly not the best thing to do.

I see what you all mean now. Inspiring young kids to join maybe isn't a bad thing but possibly not the best thing to do.

I beg to differ on that statement: Inspiring young kids to join is a bad idea. Inspiring people in general to join, isn't.

If you aim higher, like 12+ and keep up with the "don't jump into action because it sounds cool" mentality through the book it should'nt end to bad, but keep in mind how important this really is. Younger children tend to ignore anything they don't like if they're really into something, so your initial age range would be terrible. Your target audience must be capable to understand the meaning of risks, lifechanging decisions and reality.

Guest Anonymous

I see your points now. Maybe a load of seven year olds on this forum isn't the best idea. But there are some things I want to add:

1) although that is the age range, I've planned all my books to be aimed at those on the maturer end of the spectrum.

2) it isn't going to be a carefree book, it will be a serious one with serious problems for the protagonist. It will involve death, seclusion, family division and possibly more (looking at this I might have to push the bar to 11+)

3) it's a place to start. Something to inspire. Something that they probably just put down and go "good book" when their finished but will make them think when they're older and mature enough for Tulpa

Please do not spread the tulpa phenomenon around. The last thing we need is for this to become a norm in society. Just take a look at how the community, not on-site, but on chat networks and other sites behave... Humanity is not ready for this. You have the people who have a world of misconception and confuse a tulpa with one's imagination, you have the people who literally whore this shit out, people who don't even HAVE tulpas or even work on them but join chatrooms for the fun of talking and social acceptance. It's good we have a forum and all, but in my own opinion, people aren't ready because most of them aren't mature enough to take this seriously. I've seen what tulpamancy can do... it's amazing. IF taken seriously. And children? Our generation? Hell no.

I think this needs more thought on my behalf. Thanks everyone for your contributions

Just to let you know, i really understand that you think the whole tulpa community is a great thing and should grow, because you've experienced great stuff with your tulpa and took a lot of benefits from it, and of course you want other people to be able to make their own great experiences through it. That's pretty natural, but it doesn't mean that it will turn out great for everyone. That's what you need to keep in mind when you spread information in such a big scale. It's different from telling just several people you know about it, because you think they can benefit through it.