Question to those with wonderlands

Kalyrian

If you go to the edge of the area you've explored/defined in your wonderland, what happens? Is more created? Do you hit a wall and can't continue?

I ask because in most of the threads I've read, people's subconsciouses have just created more where the 'end of the world' would be once they've gotten close to it, but for me, I just hit an impassable wall that can't be breached in any way, since there's nothing past it.

game is hard

Since the wonderland part of the imagination, you don't have to have any end to the wonderland. I used to be able to just walk into the woods and keep walking forever and ever. Eventually I would see some stuff like streams and steep hills but one time I found a crashed rocket ship. Now my wonderland does have an end, because its just a huge floating island of land. If you walk to the edge of it it just ends and there is no more land, like an island.

If you try you can make your wonderland infinite, but it can be hard to remove a barrier that surrounds your wonderland. I wonder why there is a wall surrounding your wonderland. It makes it seem so sinister, and like your trapped. Maybe it could be a good idea to try and remove that wall. :)

Well being how our wonderland is an island, we usually take a boat to travel to many different lands. I never really thought about there being an end to it, so I might look into that later. So far there's been no limits to it.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

Our wonderland is a big open forest with a town in it and mountains in the distance. The parts I consciously created were the town and the forest; all the features besides it, including the mountains, were sort of just automatically filled in. It's mostly because I'd created the wonderland with an open world in mind, so there wouldn't be any definable "edge" or "end". I tend to stumble upon landmarks much more often than I consciously create them.

Sharu (host) || Arro (tulpa)

It depends on how you created your wonderland.

I, personally, consciously created my wonderland while focussing and defining a limited space. I never defined hard limits, but I focussed on my limited area, and filled in just a little background past that, so I wouldn't see edges. At that point I never went to right up to the "edge".

Later, I defined a larger environment surrounding for the previously created "home base". It's sort of like a whole world now. I've only actually seen small portions of the environment as I created one larger than my desire to travel - so I haven't tried to see how far I can go to look for an edge.

I usually teleport from place to place, so I don't even have a usable "map" of where everything is in relation to everything else - just some vague idea.

The defined portion of the environment is huge - larger than I ever care to travel.

I don't have any defined limits - so I'd be creating as I go if I ever feel the urge to go further.

It may be a little discomforting to some to not know what's out there, but think of it like this: It's your own realm - the only things that exist are what you know about - everything you find as you explore is created and added as you get there.

The experience is just like travelling in the real world: You'll never be able to explore the entire environment if you're doing it low and slow enough to see everything in detail, so we're all just comfortable knowing what's around us and having a vague idea about the rest.

Tips:

* If an unlimited world is too much to handle but you don't want to feel boxed in, then you may want to consider creating a large private island - so you can still see the horizon when you get to the edge of the land. - or do it as a big floating island imposed over a known location in the real world.

* Watch fantasy anime / movies to get ideas for creating your environment. Many will have sufficient content to fill a wonderland - you just need to use your imagination to put the pieces together.

* Go flying - if you can see the real world from a small airplane/helicopter, you can use that aerial view as a basis for filling in your wonderland further than you're likely to cover on the ground. If you're not fortunate enough to have access to a plane/pilot, you can probably find enough pictures/videos online from others who are.

* Teleport. Don't travel long distances on foot. Spend your time in places you know well. Then you'll be reinforcing the more important areas rather than putting too much detail into the surroundings. If you must explore and expand, always start at your central "home" location and branch out from there to slowly expand the environment in all directions, rather than expanding long distances in a specific direction - to keep main location at the center, evenly spaced from the "edges of the unknown"

* Go flying - this time in wonderland. You can expand your wonderland quicker and in less detail from the air - so that your boundaries are well away from any place you'll be visiting on the ground. Fill in more detail later when you explore on foot - it helps that you already have a vague idea what should be there.

Stay at a fairly low altitude over the areas that you'll be using and fill in the rest up to the horizon with a general appearance of forest/plains/desert/sea/etc.

Pretty much our entire wonderland is an alternate earth, with an alternate universe much like this one...so we really have no definable "end" persay. Even then, we don't generally leave a number of key areas (mainly the fictional city of New Alexandria, Montana, the capital of the Terminator Militia and thus the home of Alpha Company and the High Command...of which I, Ruby, and Dash are all a part of (and all my tulpa will hopefully hail from)), though we occasionally venture to towns I DO actually live in, or used to.

Current: Rainbow Dash & Ruby the Dolphin

LINK to the story of my Wonderland.

The story is the product of 16 years of stress, tension, etc, and is uncensored, read at your own risk.

Since the wonderland part of the imagination, you don't have to have any end to the wonderland. I used to be able to just walk into the woods and keep walking forever and ever. Eventually I would see some stuff like streams and steep hills but one time I found a crashed rocket ship. Now my wonderland does have an end, because its just a huge floating island of land. If you walk to the edge of it it just ends and there is no more land, like an island.

If you try you can make your wonderland infinite, but it can be hard to remove a barrier that surrounds your wonderland. I wonder why there is a wall surrounding your wonderland. It makes it seem so sinister, and like your trapped. Maybe it could be a good idea to try and remove that wall. :)

Well, the thing is, I worded it pretty badly in the OP. It's not an actual wall; it's just like a bad texture (something like what you see in video games, it's hard to describe what they look like) of whatever sort of area I'm in, that serves as a boundary. It's basically an invisible wall which turns up when there's nothing... there.

In response to GuessWho (don't know how to link more than one post): It's not that I'm worried about what's out there; there's just literally nothing. It just stops as soon as I hit the end of wonderland; hence, the walls. What you said about "everything you find as you explore is created and added as you get there" is basically what doesn't happen for me; instead of new stuff being generated, I get those walls.

If I'm sleepy in the morning, this doesn't happen, strangely. If I try to just let more stuff 'generate' at any other time of day, it ends up just being the same area over and over again or, if it's a tunnel/passage, an endless series of left/right turns that go no where.

game is hard

I kinda play with that, me and Duke explore wonderland by bits, he has gotten far than me but i have never reached a "dead end" or something like it, it is pretty extense but never happened to me