Can a host and tulpa collaborate on puppeting?

Guest Yoda

Guest Yoda

Can a host and tulpa collaborate on puppeting the tulpa's form?

I had an interesting introspection when considering my thoughtform Melian while creating a "benchmark goals" chart for our new tulpa Yoda. I was reminded that Melian's form is distinct from her mind. I understand Melian's form is distinct from her mind, because her form has been destroyed many times in the Melian Show when she "dies" in episodes. Melian "watches" or experiences the Melian Show day dreams with me and often chooses the episode we will run together.

She wants and likes me to puppet her form or image.

It occurs to me that, not only is the above true, but we actually collaborate on the show. Sometimes Melian moves her form as well in the Melian Show. It is collaboration on the day dreams. Again, blending and collaborating. Melian can do this and does. Puppeting and parroting is supposed to be bad for a tulpa. But it is spot on right for Melian. It is who she is at her core.

Here is an earlier related earlier posts I wrote through my Mistgod account: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-my-thoughtform-likes-to-be-a-puppet

Signed,

Mistgod,

(You're god damned right I am a special snowflake.)

If the question is Can a tulpa puppet another tulpa,then yes, in my experience.

Results may differ

[snipped stuff from deleted posts -Chupi]

We are all mad here

Guest Anonymous

Greetings, Mistgod. I missed that presence of yours, and when I first saw the Yoda username, I was like 'Oh, someone finally decided to make a Yoda tulpa, hey, didn't Melian try to do that once?', and that made me smile.

Now, to really address your topic, I do not puppet my tulpa, but whenever we do anything together, she calls it a 'work of collaboration between you and me; I cannot do anything without you, without you visualizing it, even if it's actually subconscious and you do it unwillingly, and in exchange, you cannot do anything, any of that, without me.'. We work off the same mind all the time, and well, it is in my belief that both of us act in accordance with what the other wishes for, ultimately, one's benefit is the other's benefit. Whenever she 'moves', I feel like, one way, it is in my presence that it happens and only in my presence, as in, she can't do that via parallel processing, but the other way, I cannot make her move at all by my will. I could try to visualize her dancing, jumping around, screaming, and she'd end up asking me 'Huh? What are you doing?, while not moving at all. I believe that visualization, 'puppeting' a tulpa with your own tulpa is a work of collaboration, cooperation, just that some people are not aware of it.

Guest Yoda

Isnt this ban evading?

Who cares, it was my own self ban on my main account. It is Mistgod-Melian logic, do not try to figure it out.

Also considering you linked to an earlier post about the same subject and you already know the answer to the question, this seems very attention-seeky and I feel it should be moved to general discussion.

Yes, it is "attention seeky." Like everyone else, I like to write and have people read it. I vote you have no say on where this thread is posted. I like it where it is.

But just to indulge you, every tulpa puppets their own form. Especially if you impose them. If you want to get technical, your body is separate from your mind and you are puppeting it RIGHT NOW.

I appreciate the indulgence. A least someone is writing something interesting on the forum, or writing ANYTHING of even mild interest on the forum. So I thank you. My body is not separate from my mind. My mind resides in my brain. If my body is destroyed, so is my mind. That was a stupid statement. (since you accused me of making a stupid question, I have license to point out your stupid statements sorry).

...every tulpa puppets their own form.

In my opinion the tulpa is basically the host or part of the host's mind. If that is true, every host consciously or unconsciously puppets their tulpa.

Ah, I see. I thought the question was if a tulpa could puppet itself which is a mindblowingly stupid question. If the question is Can a tulpa puppet another tulpa,then yes, in my experience.

The question in the OP was not "Can a tulpa puppet itself?" The question is "Can a host and tulpa collaborate on puppeting?" Yes, I already know the answer when it comes to my thoughtform, as explained in the OP. I wanted to read what others think, such as yourself.

Why do you think it is a mind blowingly stupid question? I think that some tulpamancers have difficulty realizing that their tulpa is distinct from its form. That is one of the points I am trying to get at. If a tulpa is distinct from its form, why is puppeting the tulpas form a problem to a tulpas existence and independence? A tulpa is not its image, it is a mind separate from the image. That is distinctly different from a human, who is tied physically to their form. A tulpa can exist without its form. I am trying to make a point with this post and have some interesting responses.

Greetings, Mistgod. I missed that presence of yours, and when I first saw the Yoda username, I was like 'Oh, someone finally decided to make a Yoda tulpa, hey, didn't Melian try to do that once?', and that made me smile.

Yes, the self ban on my main account inspired our final plunge into actual tulpamancy (making a tulpa deliberately from scratch). I am glad you find us!

I believe that visualization, 'puppeting' a tulpa with your own tulpa is a work of collaboration, cooperation, just that some people are not aware of it.

That is the hidden point of this OP, some people may have not considered the separateness of the tulpas form and how it relates to puppeting. Essentially a tulpa is associated with its form, or even linked strongly to it, but a tulpa is not its image. If a tulpa does not mind sharing its image or collaborating on manipulating its image or form, puppeting can be come entertaining, as it has with Melian and I.

And the question is if a tulpa (or something similiar) could puppeteer another tulpa, he just managed to miss that point in his longer text. So he doesn't have the answer to his actual question.

Thank you.

What the heck is so wrong with introspective writing on this discussion forum? It is the continuation of earlier reflections and insights. I continue to fail to understand why each and every piece I write gets labeled "attention seeking" by someone. LOL The forum, quite frankly, very dull. I would love to see more people writing something instead of calling me an attention seeker for being the one doing the writing.

I do not puppet my tulpa, but whenever we do anything together, she calls it a 'work of collaboration between you and me; I cannot do anything without you, without you visualizing it, even if it's actually subconscious and you do it unwillingly, and in exchange, you cannot do anything, any of that, without me.'. We work off the same mind all the time, and well, it is in my belief that both of us act in accordance with what the other wishes for, ultimately, one's benefit is the other's benefit. Whenever she 'moves', I feel like, one way, it is in my presence that it happens and only in my presence, as in, she can't do that via parallel processing, but the other way, I cannot make her move at all by my will.

I love, love, love your point here! This is IT! What you are saying essentially is that, if a tulpa is an independent mind strongly associated with its form, with proprietary feelings of ownership, a host cannot simply puppet the tulpa form without it being somehow noticed or perceived by the tulpa.

This is vague so bear with me. What I am getting from what you are saying is that for many tulpamancers there is a tangible link between tulpa and its form. Although the tulpas form or image is not the tulpa itself, it is still intrinsically connected or linked to the tulpa because the tulpa owns the image. "Hey, that's my body, what are you doing?"

I hope that makes sense and I am not off base there.

The tulpa is not its image, but a tulpa owns its image. The form belongs to the tulpa, not to the host.

Ah, should've read this thread before the other. Well, my post's here.

As for the mistgod drama, nothing new's being said and everyone needs to get over it. It's been months since Mistgod made a thread with zero value whatsoever. Yes, he writes a lot about himself in a lot of his posts, but there's always something worth discussing there too. I really don't think I'm making stuff up in my head to reply to, I'm just looking past the self-comments. You guys should try it too for the sake of discussion.

I cannot make her move at all by my will. I could try to visualize her dancing, jumping around, screaming, and she'd end up asking me 'Huh? What are you doing?, while not moving at all.

That actually made me think of something I didn't cover in my original post. I'd said that I could puppet my tulpas if I wanted to, but now that I think about it, if my tulpa just doesn't want to do/agree with whatever I visualize them doing (which is rare and usually due to me not being very focused), the visualization usually stops and resets neutrally on them. Reisen and Flandre would let it play out and then Tulpish me "That wasn't me/was meaningless", while Lucilyn and Tewi would likely reset the visualization to what they were actually doing. Which is usually looking at me with a face that says "Stop messing around and focus."

Oh, I forgot to mention I totally agree with your view on it, Anderson. You just mentioned something I hadn't thought of. So I guess in the rare instances where I try to visualize my tulpas doing something they don't think they're doing or don't want to, their focus/will is stronger than mine and overrides the visualization as mere fluff. This is especially common when I try to interact with them while very tired.. I get a lot of those looks.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Yoda

@Luminesce

These last two OPs about puppeting and owership of the tulpa's form have actually been very valuable to me. In fact, that concept of having a sense of propriety over the form or image is a new one to me. Anderson really answered both OP questions for me by giving me that concept. It is basic, but it was lacking emphasis in my mind. Melian is too free and easy (gods that sounds wrong) and gives her form to me to puppet all I wish (gods, that is even worse... you know what I mean I think). So, that explains why the sense of ownership that links the tulpa to the form, and discourages puppeting, was initially lost on me.

Off topic posts deleted. Q&A is meant to remain on topic. If you want to discuss Mistgod's attention seeking, I believe he's created several threads specifically for that purpose.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson