Are you a lurker who visits the forum but rarely writes?

Guest Anonymous

Are you a lurker who visits the forum but rarely writes?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a lurker who visits the forum but rarely writes?

• Yes, I totally lurk and rarely write. :-)
    • I am not a lurker really. I write fairly often.
    • I sometimes lurk and sometimes get more active and write.

Guest Anonymous

I am just wondering. You only have to click the poll vote and it is anonymous. Come on, let us know you are out there! Sound off once in the comments if you like, but let us know you are out there!

EDIT: My dearest apologies. This poll is flawed. I did not consider and option for those with tulpas who lurk while the host does not and vise versa. I assumed the host and tulpa would both lurk or both write. That was silly of me. Ugh. When I write, I cannot forget my tulpa buddies on the forum are separate people. My thoughtform Melian never reminded me so I totally blame her.

I suppose if you have a mix between tulpa and host you can choose the third option and is still works.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I never even considered that the tulpas are lurking while the host doesn't or vice versa. Huh. DAMN IT! I did the poll wrong for a tulpa forum. Son of a bitch. That's it, I blame Melian!

My host says he'll be a lurker because he got his feel of forums and chat rooms during university in the 90s. I on the other hand am more than happy to talk and get a chance to affect people online.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

I sometimes lurk, and I sometimes write. It depends on how confident I feel about the given topic. Jack doesn't write much and prefers to interact with people in real life via discreet proxying.

Progress report

Personal blog

Najere: We don't write much because either it feels like our contribution is insignificant, the system member in question is shy, or we fear judgement. Even I feel a little lost for words from time to time on this forum.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

I don't post when I don't feel that I specifically have something to add to the conversation - I'll leave most questions for others to answer if they're simple or I don't have an opinion on them. But the moment I see something that stands out to me, I don't hesitate to write a decent sized post discussing it. And I check everything, aside from progress reports, so I'm pretty good at making sure everything gets satisfactorily answered. If I feel like previous users missed something important, I'll write then too.

I post a lot.

My tulpas tend to post whenever they switch with me, but sometimes they don't because I keep fairly caught up and there's not much for them to say after that. And we don't switch often.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Lurker right here, same as others like me, I don't really write anything unless I really feel like I must share my thoughts to help someone or to solve a question I have. I guess most of the time I'm just scared I might say something "the wrong way", since my family constantly tells me I am quite a toxic person by nature, worst thing is, they're right, it may not be intentional but I normally end up saying something I shouldn't and I hate that, since I don't like to offend or hurt others at all,this has lead me to choose an antisocial path. This is one of the main reasons I wanted a Tulpa, to have someone to speak to and improve myself. But until we get to that, yeah, it's not that easy.

Additionally, Runa's development has been really slow so far, she's still only able to answer questions with one word or very short sentences, I don't really mind if it takes a lot, I was prepared for that, but this process has been so slow I pretty much abandoned my PR (I may continue with it later on, I don't know) so there goes one of my main opportunities to write, and since we're still at that stage, I find it difficult to relate to most topics or help people with their own paths.

For now I can only hope we get through this stage and I can start being more active here, I'd like that.

I lurk a LOT, and as the number of my posts show, I rarely write.

Usually, I feel that what I have to say is not a meaningful contribution to the subject and there are others who can probably contribute more.

Also, and I think that is the major thing for me, the subject of Tulpas, thought-forms, non-corporal companions, or whatever you want to call them, feels VERY personal to me and my companion (to the point that he demanded his own internet name for the forums...).

So opening up on the forums about it is really difficult....