The Mistgod Problem

Deleted

This thread has gotten straight up hilarious. Hahh, great arguments Luminescence! I'm of the same mind as Aijada on this, everyone really needs do calm down.

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the healthiest thing to do would be total split of the community, it seems obvious that gardener doesn't like what is growing in the garden he left alone years ago. It feels stupid. Jake isn't the first old member who got back to complain about how things are developing.

"This is my place, i want it exactly how i left it!" I don't get the point. Being an old user is total meaningless, you may created a great place....but you don't sophisticated it in the time after you all left.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I've been lurking since summer '14, never really wrote much and never talked to anyone outside of the #tulpa.german IRC. But I read a lot. Almost everything, except for most lounge and PR threads. And I'm honestly so tired of this Mistgod drama.

Mistgod, first of all, I think you're actually a nice guy and I agree with many things you say. The thing is, this forum doesn't seem to be the right place for you. Not until you fixed some things at least.

Of course we never talked, so I'm just guessing everything I "know" about you, and I don't mean to offend you in any way.

To me, it seems like you're fleeing from reality. Like you have way too much time and have no idea how to fill it, except for Mel and this forum. So you're just online most of the time. Naturally, we see many Mistgod posts every day because of that. I don't think you have many social contacts in real life, so you're kinda compensating when you're here, you "need" this forum in some way or another. (And tbh, I think this is why Mel and you started to create Yoda - to have a reason to avoid that self ban. You couldn't stand being away from here.) And this just isn't healthy. As some people already said, this forum is your stage - since its probably the only one you have. Again, no offense, I grew up without friends so I'm not saying that to be mean or anything.

I think you really need a pause from this place. Maybe learn some things about yourself, get a new perspective, idk. But right now, this really IS Mistgod.info. And this is exhausting for everyone involved, including yourself.

And last but not least - being offensive never helps. It doesn't help fixing the problem, and it doesn't help the one who's being offensive. This one's not directed to Mistgod btw, it's just @everyone. A friendly reminder, I guess.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Fade: ...on a related subject, do we have m(any) active forum mods anymore anyway?

Troy: I do not see the big deal with Mistgod. He makes a lot of posts, and some of them are self-centered. I have no experience with the older members that he has driven off, so I do not know if they were good contributors or not to the community anyway. Possibly, but just being one of the first here does not mean they are the bee's knees by any means.

I would have more to say, but I think Lumi has stated about the same things and more.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Fade: ...on a related subject, do we have m(any) active forum mods anymore anyway?

Sushi seems to log in and say the occasional thing, but i'd say this place is mostly unmoderated in practice.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

That’s exactly what I’m asking myself. I wonder if this silence normal. If there’s no one who can help us, why can’t some of those who are active become mods? This way we might be able to deflect future explosive situations.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

This is why I dont get why you are on Mistgods side. Do you really believe that Mistgod is worth the seven old members I KNOW he has driven away and countless other new ones?

If someone is dividing the community this much, surely its better the get rid of the problem than it is one half of the community?

That's a fair question, even though I don't really like it, thank you. It's hard to explain. Morally, I would rather continue trying to make everyone understand each other than excommunicate just one to make everyone else happy. I consider that a failure, like running away from a problem. This isn't a diseased plant that needs to be removed so it doesn't spread to others, it's human beings communicating. This is by no means unavoidable. And, if we're being completely honest, I value true understanding over any particular end result. That's what we're here for, to learn, to discuss, to understand more because of, and about, each other.

Those who left weren't my responsibility to keep from leaving - I did my absolute best at every turn. But at no point was I willing to do what I did not see as right, to placate the majority. I know some people disagree with that idea, and I understand. My only defense is that this isn't a matter of saving 10 people or 1. It's a matter of human beings reaching an understanding with each other. It's not cut and dry, it's subjective.

Human communication and understanding... is a soft science.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm with Pioneer11. And so are Vris, Hades and the girls. He has said what we think. Pioneer11, you are wise and amazing, dude. I admire your amazing words. And David, dude, don't listen to people that hates you. You are free to do what you want to. I don't think you only post drama. You post amazing stuff, dude. Amazing and interesting stuff, games, polls ans threads. Don't listen to people that hates you. That's all we gotta say.

~L. ♠️

~Vriska Aranea Serket Targaryen. ♦️

~Feferi Peixes. ♥️

~Beth Harley.

~Miranda Rotzank. ♣️

~Silica Kotoura Haruka.

~Hades.

Being honest, Mistgod should have been banned months ago. As in, perma-banned.

I don't say this from personal dislike, or the feeling that the place has gone downhill, I say this mainly because his early explosions were, indeed, ban worthy. In earnest, I also think some of his later explosions were ban worthy. In addition to the explosion, there's the problem that he tends to spread issues that were previously relegated to the irc, on to the forum. This is what I believe caused the great divide in the userbase I see now: The forum users were not aware of his poor behavior on the IRC, so when people from the irc came and started getting mad at him just for being there, their instinct was both confusion, and a desire to defend him. So if people are mad about people circlejerking around Mistgod, they should probably know that that was not a beast Mistgod made alone.

This thread, as with others, is yet another example of this beast being created again. Forum-only users are only privvy to the fact that Mistgod made some interesting threads, and asked some interesting questions. They don't know about all the stuff he did over in the IRC...the problem being that a large chunks of his threads are actually IRC related, and thus people who know about what goes on there, react to this. Thus the beast is fed once again, and the "circlejerk" is made stronger by the reactions of IRC folk to Mistgod.

This has caused Mistgod to gain an odd status, something similar to what Fede had for a while, but somehow stronger. It is emphasize that Fede got banned, but what isn't said is that is took an extremely long time, and there was a large amount of resistance to it, from people who thought he was both useful and funny, and didn't seem to be quite aware of all of his shenanigans. I see this same dynamic playing out here with Mistgod, but to a greater extreme, because the people who are defending him are not aware of all his foul ups, and when he does stumble, they see his reaction as justified. Why? Because what usually happens is some guy that they've never met but is totally a vet, comes out of nowhere and starts reprimanding him, and seemingly posts nothing else. They don't have the full story, so they react on their gut instinct to defend who they perceive as innocent. The vets don't seem to be aware of this, and thus they simply label the people defending him circlejerkers. This helps nothing at all.

Based on some of the shenanigans he's done, and the fights he's ended up in, he should be banned. It'd be one thing if this was a isolated event, but it really isn't, this much is true.

But, I also don't think banning him will be the magic bullet some believe it to be.

Like Fede before him, Mistgod's loudness and ubiquity stirred up conversation. He's served to wake up a good chunk of the forum in to actually discussing things, where as the vets at the time seemed more interested in grumbling. I don't say this because I'm some Mistgod supporter, I say this because they've been doing the same things they did prior to Mistgod's appearance. There's an earlier thread in this forum where I talk about pretty much the same things I spoke about in the thread in the lounge: if anything, Mistgod's presence made this habit WAY worse. I don't believe Mistgod being gone will somehow cause everything to be fine, if anything, I think Mistgod being gone will simple result in nothing happening. The Mistgod threads will stop, the Mistgod drama will stop, but a void will be in it's place, and it will take some time for user's of a sober mind to fill it. Maybe Pleeb will come back, but I doubt many beyond him will. Instead, they'll stay in the same place they are, because they're comfortable there, and just complain about the stuff they did before (Nebulous roleplayers (In contrast to Mistgod's apparent roleplay), PRs being too bloggy, Newbies asking newbie questions, etc.). In essence, with Mistgod gone, things will return to how they were just prior to Mistgod's coming.

In all this, I still think that for some of the shenanigans he's pulled, Mistgod should be banned. He has broken rules, chased users off, been aggressive, been disruptive and other things. I don't hate the guy, in fact I like kinda like him, but the rules are still the rules, and what is the point of rules if they only apply to people who are not very popular?

You can say I'm not on a "side" in this issue. I think both "sides" have done obnoxious, silly, and pointless things, and I wanted to acknowledge that. My biggest hope, truthfully, is that we can get away from this kerfuffle, and talk about the subject again.

Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Can you be banned from just the IRC? 'Cus it seems like that would make everyone happy. Even Mistgod, somehow. If he makes good forum posts and bad IRC posts, ban him from the IRC. I don't quite like the idea of someone being banned from the forum for their behavior on the IRC.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.