The Mistgod Problem

Deleted

Bloggy posts, emotional rants, aggressive and hostile behavior, drama, frequent rage outs and then immediate returns. I get it guys, the behavior it is a bad problem for this forum and with it I am gunning for a permanent ban. We need to get away and fix it. Melian I will be gone until after Christmas. I promise this the last post right here. This one. As long as no one tries to make some nasty swipe at me on the way out the door, all will be well. Wish us luck and Godspeed.

OH and Happy Holidays everyone!

"Melian and I will be gone until Christmas"

No offence but how can anyone expect this 'self-imposed ban' to last any longer than your last ones?

I haven't read the rest of the thread except for the OP, but personally, pretty much no matter what .info board I go on, at the top of the page is some drama revolving around you. I can't honestly view that as a good thing.

game is hard

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not his fault. You don't get a say if you don't even know him.

Not only is he definitely gone until then, he just disabled his PMs because people wouldn't leave him alone despite the fact that he stopped posting.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Why is it our community has become so hostile?

It's always been hostile, bud.

And don't you ever kid yourself it wasn't.

If Mistgod was still clinging to his old dramawhoring ways, I would definitely support that he leave. However, he doesn't. From what I see(comparing some of the old posts he has made versus the posts he is making nowadays) he is definitely improving. Thus, I see no reason to kick him out.

There was a short period of time between 2014-2015 when it wasn't terribly hostile. Sands and Yuki made a few posts that upset people but otherwise it was pretty chill. And boring. That was, to be fair, the time of newbie threads and Cinemaphobe. He made the only posts worth really reading. We're more active in general than we were back then.

But yeah no this has never been a place of acceptance, believe it or not it's only gotten better.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Perhaps that's why I had an idea of the community not being hostile... joining in 2014. It's also possible that due to me not often venturing out much from off topic, I didn't see the venomous comments people have been spewing at each other.

Also, I make a post giving my condolences and hoping for peace to those affected in Paris, and everyone starts clawing at each others' throats. Kind of ironic.

So, yeah, with the introduction of Mistgod I'm beginning to see how hostile people can be here. Unlike many other members, however, I intend to stay, in hopes that the community keeps getting better and become less spiteful of each other.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

If I could step down from being a mod for a minute here, I think there's a big difference between having an unpopular opinion, and seeing that over a hundred people are dead and deciding that's prime time to be an asshole on the internet. I have a good friend in France right now, and if I hadn't been talking to him at the time that I heard about the attacks, I certainly would have been a lot more pissed off about the disrespectful defacing of Brassow's thread. Just because you aren't affected by these attacks doesn't mean that none of us are.

And it's telling that we're discussing this in the "Mistgod problem" thread. Maybe the Mistgod problem is that Mistgod is the only vocal member here who isn't an asshole. Mistgod, start telling people who does and does not belong here, and then make light of the deaths of dozens of innocent people. You'll fit right in.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Dutch: Who's an asshole? The people who hurt your feelings by saying what exactly? That many people who aren't related to the event in any way are attention whoring rather than doing anything that actually helps? Showing their solidarity to... Who exactly? Their close friends who probably aren't related either? People talked about that phenomenon, where people aren't doing a thing but reblogging and sharing that kind of crap with their friends and pretend they're helping. Who's making light of the deaths of those people? Did anyone say it wasn't a horrible event, or did anyone deny that it's awful for those affected by it? Nope, and that makes your emotional response absolutely retarded, and the only thing worth condemning in the whole affair. Who's being the asshole, if it's not the guy putting words in people's mouths because he's offended. Because he was affected and scared, it's absolutely forbidden to look at this event in any light but an emotional and compassionate one. No critique allowed on anything about the response to this event. Who will we bomb next? You sure are doing your part in making sure we as a society can stay happily in this circle, tumbling down a path of endless horrors and horrified overreaction for all eternity. I applaud you. I guess I should have added to my point in the thread with "maybe post a call to action instead of a call to prayer, do something, contribute to charity". Then you would have even less of a point right now, but I guess you had none anyway. Good that your friend is safe. Move this post or delete it, whatever.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

I want to back up Dutch here, but i wouldn't choose that amount of heavy words. Nobody attacked anyone directly. The people which keep posting/reblogging/sharing this stuff without doing anything real to help, just to prove that they're good people, were criticized for exactly that behavior. Nobody said Brassow was attention whoring with creating one post about it on the forum, since he wasn't forcing it in everybodies face.

Was it rude to post just a picture as response critizing this behavior? Yes, surely. He could've been a bit more sensitive about it. But it was still on point.

Claiming everyone is an asshole, or heartless, because someone isn't acting all emotional about it, or is geting tired of people posting this everywhere is pretty ridiculous. Closing the thread and deleting everything in it was overreacted too in my books, but atleast i can see the reasoning behind it, so i won't argue about that. I can understand that affected people may get the wrong idea about the reactions on said thread.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.