The Mistgod Problem

Deleted

I didn't call you a dick, I said you are acting like a complete dick to me. I wish you would stop.

Whatever. Im going to bed. Hopefully by morning someone who isnt me will have started giving a shit

We are all mad here

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't worry you gave plenty

(This is sass for "I do not approve of your actions")

I'm still up from yesterday lmaogoodnightall

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

I don't give a shit anymore already actually. Sleep well.

From here on I completely ignore his ass.

Maybe you should add him to your ignore list

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Guest Anonymous

Done already. I wish he would simply do the same. Issue would have been over quietly hours ago.

I've been lurking since summer '14, never really wrote much and never talked to anyone outside of the #tulpa.german IRC. But I read a lot. Almost everything, except for most lounge and PR threads. And I'm honestly so tired of this Mistgod drama.

Mistgod, first of all, I think you're actually a nice guy and I agree with many things you say. The thing is, this forum doesn't seem to be the right place for you. Not until you fixed some things at least.

Of course we never talked, so I'm just guessing everything I "know" about you, and I don't mean to offend you in any way.

To me, it seems like you're fleeing from reality. Like you have way too much time and have no idea how to fill it, except for Mel and this forum. So you're just online most of the time. Naturally, we see many Mistgod posts every day because of that. I don't think you have many social contacts in real life, so you're kinda compensating when you're here, you "need" this forum in some way or another. (And tbh, I think this is why Mel and you started to create Yoda - to have a reason to avoid that self ban. You couldn't stand being away from here.) And this just isn't healthy. As some people already said, this forum is your stage - since its probably the only one you have. Again, no offense, I grew up without friends so I'm not saying that to be mean or anything.

I think you really need a pause from this place. Maybe learn some things about yourself, get a new perspective, idk. But right now, this really IS Mistgod.info. And this is exhausting for everyone involved, including yourself.

And last but not least - being offensive never helps. It doesn't help fixing the problem, and it doesn't help the one who's being offensive. This one's not directed to Mistgod btw, it's just @everyone. A friendly reminder, I guess.

Thanks I didn't mean to neglect you Crescendo. Yours was the most kind hearted, honest, intuitive and from the heart advice and attempt to help yet. You are actually spot on. I need to leave this place for a while or at least back off for my own sake if not also for the sake of others. People don't realize this has been hurting me emotionally. I am obsessed with this forum and you can imagine what it feels like to be so hated but still find it hard to stop coming back. I never wanted that to happen. I just wanted to share Melian. I tried the self ban to fix things and couldn't make it last. I have an obsessive, cumpulsive nature that is hurting me. This has become so dark and negative and I can't seem to get away from it. I just want people to stop hating me.

Melian was never dark and negative before the internet and especially before Tulpa Info.

@Sock

I have tremendous respect for you and I do understand why you are calling for me to be banned. But I did not start this latest thing. I have tried all day to stop it, asking Jake to back off and others to leave it be. I just wanted to spend my day on Tulpa Info and have interesting discussions with people.

This is true.

In fact, the post that started this current thing seemed to be based on pretty much nothing. You disagreed with Jake, and he let loose the floodgates. You've done what you've done in the past, and those times, and according to how I currently understand how the warning system works, you should have been banned long ago. Like I said in the last post, it is not from personal dislike, but from acknlowledgement of what people have been banned for.

"Do not repetitively cause disturbances or create drama. Everyone can get worked up sometimes, but doing it repeatedly or intentionally is not okay."

It's right there in the rules, this isn't arguable. I mention the IRC in my previous post, not because I want to dredge up all your past crimes, but because so many of your posts, from my viewpoint, are related to the scuffles you got in to over there. For the same reasons that Jake is mentioning: Being loud, obtrusive, and calling attention to yourself.

This brings me to Jake's complaints.

Part of his complaint is that you're ubiquitous in an obnoxious way. That is, you make posts about things that some users don't feel need to be said. The blog posts seem to be something that really gets people's goose, afterall, there were threads dedicated to making PRs less bloggy...when for the longest it was explicitly said to be a personal blogspace in the description. So of course if someone notes blogging outside of the dedicated blogspace, they go ape.

Which is kind of the thickest pillar of this whole thing.

People say you're tough to talk to, don't listen, brush aside ideas that aren't you're own, etc...but I've noticed that in other users as well, it's nothing really new around these parts. But, the attention magnet thing is the biggest thing that grinds people's gears here. They don't like seeing the same name in every section, nor do they like seeing posts related to the same drama over and over again. They don't want someone who's in their face, nor do they want someone talking about their lives if not asked.

Which is pretty much what you've been doing.

Not to say those who are annoyed and angered are some kind of saintly presences, in fact, some of them can be as nasty as a sewer, but they're relatively easy to avoid, while you're not. I actually do understand why people like you, despite your missteps, you give them things to talk about, stuff to consider, that they would not have had otherwise. Your posts are interesting to them, your antics are fun to them, and the fact that you're posting ANYTHING gives them a reason to stick around. To them, you're the life of the forum, where as to others, you're its death. Personally, you seem to be both at the same time: There's a reason I think that if you got banned, the forum would go silent, as if abandoned. That's what makes it difficult for me to gauge things, though I don't really have the proper authority to do much but make long posts about it. I can understand where both parties are coming from, and I also understand that both parties tend to shoot themselves in the foot. You've caused your fair share of problems Mistgod, and that I have acknowledged. At the same time, the way things escalated today was largely unnecessary, and based on, from what I could see, picking a metaphorical spec from your post and turning it into a molehill. Really, this latest episode of "The Young and the Mistgod" was completely avoidable, but it happened so what can I do?

I don't think anyone is happy with this at all. I know I'm not. I was hoping the conversation would continue in good will, with some earnest plans, but then this happened, and I was like "Why do I keep coming here?". Another battle, another series of insults, another set of people being mad over essentially nothing. Had to have Sheryl cheer me up after that one, she wore a set of bunny pajamas and bounced around, it was nice. But, seriously though, I was just hoping folks could actually get together for once and accomplish something to make a place they like more inhabitable. Instead we got more of this. Welp~

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

Sock has been making the most sense here, from what I can see. No, I'm not a part of any witch hunt or campaigning for your head on a spike, David, I just see the same thing happened as happened too often already - People getting sick of the way you behave. You ignore any criticism, and seeing as it has been coming from many different people over a rather long period of time, it can't be that unfounded. You have an issue with making this place your stage, and not just that, with seeking approval of any kind. That seems to be the pattern with you, that you want people to like you, agree with you. I'm sure everyone likes that, but it's a compulsion, like you say yourself, and it's not doing you much good.

You need to talk to a professional about this, that's the best I can really tell you. I hope that you learn to address opposing arguments, rather than ignore them, and try to fix what's wrong. Otherwise, I don't see anything but a ban happening in the near future.

There might be a void if he leaves, but I don't think that's a worse fate than the path we're on with the status quo. Stagnancy is a killer.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

Guest Anonymous

I am literally sitting here wondering if Jake and Yuki and ThunderClap and the like are going to get their way. It will take a monumental effort of will for me to leave this forum and not come back. But I don't want it to happen because I was banned. I want to do it voluntarily. I will be sad about it.

Not so much for the sake of the forum, but for Melian's sake and mine, for my emotional well being, I need to finally, finally let it go.

I have to walk away. I hope you are wrong about the forum going quiet when I leave. I am thinking it won't really. But it won't really make it instantly the perfect place with me gone either.

I'm not affiliated with those two, and I'm not sure if we agree on all fronts. I don't want a big dramatic event where you get banned and leave, my ideal world would have you talking to someone with experience with this sort of thing, and helping yourself get better. Everyone would win that way.

Banning you or you leaving would likely only move the problems elsewhere, and you'll find a different unhealthy outlet. That's how I see it, anyway.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

I don't spend enough time here to be able to point fingers, but it does seem that this site gets shittier every time I return.

There was a time, long ago, when people got banned for things that would now be disregarded as insignificant.

Many of the older members, whom I respected, gave up on this site long ago and fled to other communities.

I still stick around only for a handful of users who still make interesting posts, and to re-read old stuff from the "late greats".

These days, very few posts of value are contributed here by anyone, and there is no longer any worthwhile .info to be gained.

Again, I'm not singling out anyone - I really don't have the kind of time needed to read everyone's posts to figure out who's not shitposting so I can complain about the rest.