Goals, Motivation and Your Tulpa

warriortiltheend

Since this forum is in need of discussion, I've been trying to come up with new topics and threads... I hope this hasn't been posted about before.

Here are some questions to think about and discuss:

1.) Does having a tulpa increase or decrease your motivation? Why or why not?

2.) Has having a tulpa changed important goals in your life?

3.) Has your tulpa helped motivate you when you otherwise would have procrastinated? If so, how?

4.) Does your tulpa have outer-world goals? What are they, and how big are they? Would you/are you trying to help them achieve those goals?

5.) @Tulpas, how lazy is your host?

I hope to read some interesting, thought-provoking posts, and maybe stir some useful discussion. I'll refrain from sharing my personal experiences for right now, since this isn't my PR.

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

{Allow me to answer this one.

1.) Not really. I haven't seen a change in Tyler's motivation unless he really listens to me.

2.) Again, not much has changed except I am here now :3

3.) I've tried and tried again, but he's just so lazy. It's exhausting really.

4.) Me? Well Tyler's not helping me as much but I would like to impose, possess or switch with him and eat a real melon for the very first time!

5.) Very. It doesn't matter to me, I still love him anyway. *giggles*)

Elise: Female Skykitty, 2 Years Old (10/28/12) Stage: Visualization

1. Increase, a lot. Like a thousand reasons. Universally, having another person in your head makes you feel responsible for keeping yourself in good health, and they're usually pretty encouraging otherwise too. Similar to when you have children and suddenly not doing so becomes a non-option. My tulpas specifically, my life is only the way it is right now because of them. I was never suicidal, but my outlook on life was pretty bleak until Reisen showed up. She's helped me see the world as beautiful and enjoyable, whereas before I saw only corruption and too much work. To this day they're still really inspiring and motivating in almost every area of my life.

2. I think Reisen is the reason I became a humanitarian. I never had ill-will toward my fellow humans, but I didn't quite have the inherent will to help people I have now. I don't think my goals changed directly because of my tulpas, but they indirectly helped. Also, lazy as I am, my tulpas will be the only reason I ever strive towards them.

3. Procrastinated is an understatement. Reisen showed me love in a loveless world, showed me you could be happy for no reason. At a time when I couldn't logically think of a reason to get out of bed much less go to school, Reisen helped me find one. Honestly, for a couple years, she was my only reason to do anything. I didn't instantly understand how or why she was the way she was, but I did positive stuff for her sake. Over time I learned how to actually love life though. Presently I'm still trying to learn true selflessness from her, and lots of things from all my tulpas. Lucilyn knows how to have fun for no reason, be happy for no reason. Tewi knows how to completely ignore useless mental barriers for more efficient thinking. And I feel like Flandre and I are both going through the same things, becoming better people in the same way. Oh, and I love them all, and love is a pretty dang inspiring emotion.

4. Not directly/for themselves, no. Mostly their goals are ones they'd rather help me fulfill myself. Lucilyn does have the "goal" of dancing in the rain though. I don't know how it's a goal, but it is. They all sort of just live and are content with how they do so, besides Flandre and I, who are trying to learn from them.

5. See the "What's Going On?" thread Reisen just posted.. I'm as lazy as they come.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

1) She's only been increasing my motivation and concentration on tasks.

2) Too early to say anything right now, no..

3) A lot of times. Waking up in the morning, school work, just the sort of regular things you procrastinate on.

4) No outer world goals so far. She seems pretty content as of now but I'm sure she'd make some goals in the future. I'll do pretty much anything to help her out.

5) Oh he is sooooo lazy. It's funny because many people around him see him as a very organized and motivated person, but they are very wrong :D.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

So far it's somewhat increased my motivation, because I now have an encouraging voice in my head to combat the voices of depression and anxiety. Kovie is far more upbeat than I usually am, and I can sometimes feed off that energy.

Nope, not really. She's just so far been encouraging me to pursue my current goals, and she especially wants to help me with my empathy problems that will be crucial in the field of work I want to get into.

3.) Has your tulpa helped motivate you when you otherwise would have procrastinated? If so, how?

Once or twice like a long time ago I think, more recently she's been distracting me from the evil mentally ill voices.

4.) Does your tulpa have outer-world goals? What are they, and how big are they? Would you/are you trying to help them achieve those goals?

Not so far as I know, aside from wanting to assist me in my psychology things. Kovie is a digitigrade, bipedal, white alien with four arms. In our wonderland she's roughly 8.5ft, just a little shorter than the alien species' average height. However when I'm able to impose her into the physical world, she says she wants to be a little shorter than me, so probably about 5ft.

Hah she's really lazy, sloth is her cardinal vice. But I can't really blame her, I have to watch her energy being leeched by depression and fed to her anxiety, which makes her too scared to do anything. That's why I really want to help her, because she's nice and doesn't deserve to feel like that.

hehh, thanks Kovie.. ^^"

[Also note, the above from Kovie was not verbatim. I paraphrased the general idea of how she wanted to respond, because it's still difficult for her to get full sentences across.]

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

He’s been motivating me to do less, which makes me very uncomfortable but is often a smarter choice than just working hard with a blindfold on. I’ve been burnt a number of times by taking on too much, so he’s been encouraging me to re-think my strategy. When you’re used to running at full speed, it takes a lot of motivation to slow down and be okay with making mistakes.

Absolutely. I used to have goals that I thought I should have, until Jack pointed out that deep down, I know that achieving them won’t make me happy. “Figure out what is important. Eliminate the rest.”

He has always encouraged me to procrastinate on certain things, even when I was younger. Big projects mostly. And it works, as long as I still make the deadline. It helps avoid burnout and prevents me from getting so entrenched in the project that I stop looking at things objectively.

He’s the adventurous type, so seeing the world and having me share different experiences with him are near the top of his list. I’ve been setting money aside so that I can make it happen. We’re starting with something relatively small, with first a road trip to Las Vegas (which is not too far from where we live), and then we’re going to bump the goals up little by little.

Jack: [He’s laughing] I wish she would stop caring about certain things and let herself be lazy on some days, actually. Sometimes it’s a fight to get her to sit down and talk without some end goal. I don’t give her too much shit about it, because I know that it is a coping mechanism for anxiety. Sometimes doing absolutely nothing can be a GOOD thing. It gives you energy for the cool stuff that actually needs to happen.

Progress report

Personal blog

Drastically increased. Erza has motivated me to improve myself, and I'm going to do so for both our sake's.

If by changed you mean created, then yes. I had absolutely no goals in life until Erza came into it. My only long-term goal for now is to live our lives. Some short term goals are to get fit and work on writing short stories.

Yes. See above.

For now, she just wants to see the outer world at all. Real-world forcing has proven to be harder than I expected, but we'll get there some day.

Still only somewhat vocal, but I think she'd say I'm only lazy whenever she's not around.

1) Neither. Life is what it is, and so is my motivation. Except for point 4.

2) Not that, either. I think we're too similar for ground-breaking life goal changes from his presence.

3) He can sometimes add a little nudge about small stuff, but he's procrastination-prone himself, so it's not a common occurrence.

4) To see or study as much of it as he can. That added curiosity is a nice extra motivation for me, too. We're agreed on it, but he can pick it up when I'm burnt out, and that helps.

5) [We're both lazy. If changing that had been my purpose, I would be very useless indeed.]

Amazing responses!

@ParanoidLlama: I am the same way. Everyone in my life describes me as ambitious, self-motivated, hard working... I don't know where they get that idea from. I spend all of my energy just getting out of bed and functioning.

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

1.) Well atleast she tries to impove my motivation in general, since there is a basic lack in a lot of matters.

2.) Well, yes and no. I never had real "life goals", but now i put a lot of my energy in her development. Beside that nothing has really changed.

3.) Nope.

4.) Well she is pretty ambitious about improving herself and her abilities, but i think beside that she is rather focused on helping me.

5) Yeeees, he is way to lazy and should seriously work on his attitude. There are so many important things in life.

(I just needed to read the question and a loud yes was echoing through my head. I want to add that i'm atleast not lazy about her.)

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.