Tulpa community Census 2015 Results

Meten

Read part 1 of the results here!

The first results are in! Our census team has been hard at work organizing and analyzing all the great data everyone provided. Also a special thank you to Shinyuu for making most of the graphs and writeup.

Today, we have part 1 of the analysis for you. In the coming days/weeks we will have a part 2 and 3 available!

Enjoy!

Update 1:

Read part 2 of the results here!

The long awaited part 2 covers almost all the data regarding tulpas, their numbers, origins, forms and so on!

Once again many thanks to Shinyuu for their hard work on the graphs and writeup!

Also, starting today, Shinyuu will be running a giveaway based on the census data, where you can suggest your own ideas regarding what do you want to see in part 3! Examples include: how imposition skill depends on tulpamancer age; how many tulpae you need for great sex; are pones or cats better with possessing. The best submission will be featured in the part four and the winner will get a 30-days voucher for headspace meditation application.

Here you can find the rules and all the data points you can use for your submission!

Enjoy!

Update 2:

Part 3 is up! You can find it here: http://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpa-community-census-2015-results?pid=144985#pid144985

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is pretty great, nice work. I will mention that right under "Communities" it says r/tuplas, and I think only like one semicolon on the entire page was grammatically correct, if you care. Otherwise this was done pretty well. It's unfortunate the affiliated communities was doomed to be biased from the start based on the attention they would get, but it's useful information nonetheless. The rest is about what I'd expected, although I find it interesting that the percentage of bisexuals was nearly half the percentage of males... And that there were more bisexuals than females. Not sure what to make of that. The disparity between new and old tulpamancers' female counts is weird too.

Looking forward to future parts.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I thought it was a little disappointing that tulpa.info gets fewer people into it than MLP or Youtube.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I thought it was a little disappointing that tulpa.info gets fewer people into it than MLP or Youtube.

I think this is for a pretty obvious reason: you end up on tulpa.info, you normally don't start here.

People are more likely to hear about it on 4chan or Youtube first, before digging deeper to find this place. So they will name the place they've heard first of tulpas, even when the information there was of low quality.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Fade: MLP is connected to a franchise with a vast fanbase, and YouTube tulpa-related videos often circle back to that. While we, are a smaller, less active community without much to tie us to people interested in the subject beyond them typing "tulpa" or something related into Google and clicking our result.

Not surprised.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

This is pretty great, nice work. I will mention that right under "Communities" it says r/tuplas, and I think only like one semicolon on the entire page was grammatically correct, if you care. Otherwise this was done pretty well.

Thanks for pointing the typo; I fixed it. The semicolons is my weird way to screw up my typing and to make sure I'm typing my own thoughts; not hostey's; alongside with occasionally strange grammar and overall tendency to use British English.

I think this is for a pretty obvious reason: you end up on tulpa.info, you normally don't start here.

People are more likely to hear about it on 4chan or Youtube first, before digging deeper to find this place. So they will name the place they've heard first of tulpas, even when the information there was of low quality.

Dutch: the way the census asked for it was a bit weird, honestly. I found out about tuppers through my brother going "hey do you know that tulpa creepypasta, people are actually doing this", then I found this place on google. I hope they'll bring out more interesting findings in the second part

Feel free to ask me anything.

Suffering is self-imposed. Don't let it control you.

I want to thank someone for the clearly good work which went into this study. I was astounded by the thoroughness of this census.

Here are two data points which stood out to me the most. First, I am an extremely rare animal. As a forty year old, I am statistically non-existent in the practice of tulpamancy. Second, in the matter of the Nature of Tulpamancy, I see that the percentage of tulpamancers who believe in both natures begins at 11% for new tulpamancers and grows to 25% for existing tulpamancers. I would have expected some drift as opinions change with experience, but that the percentage would more than double is shocking to me.

Sidenote: semi-colons are cool. When overused, they can be distracting. When used sparingly, they can represent well a stream of conscious thought in much the same way that thoughts occur naturally in the brain. When overused, they suggest that the author is actually typing out thoughts as they come instead of structuring a piece of communication which is intended to be taken seriously. Also, I suspect that on a subconscious level, an abundance of any punctuation can look like a spotty page of text as if it were covered with crumbs or bugs; H.P. Lovecraft used that effect purposefully in his short story of unravelling reality, Nyarlethotep.

my thoughtform = Isis

her appearance = stylized rabbit with dark fur and glowing eyes

her developmental stage = imaginary friend