Tulpa community Census 2015 Results

Meten

Guest Anonymous

A whopping 39% of tulpas are accidental! Holy shit! Wow! Wow. That is very, very interesting to me. I was under the impression that it was a very much smaller group than that! I wonder how many tulpas there are in the world?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many tulpas there are in the world?

Considering one host apparently has over a thousand, there being about 9k people on this forum alone, with a lot more on reddit and 4chan, I'll assume an average of 1-2 tuppers per host and guess 30-50 thousand modern tulpae, so I exclude the Tibetan practice.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Najere: That correlation between amount of tulpae and activity in the wonderland was interesting. There's nine of us, and we're active in our mindscape all the time.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

Najere: That correlation between amount of tulpae and activity in the wonderland was interesting. There's nine of us, and we're active in our mindscape all the time.

I'll try to build more correlations for part four; want to release all the aggregated data first though.

Someone has 1015 tulpas? Must be Maverickthecat.

Someone with 1015 tulpas should call himself legion. (Honestly how can someone take a person seriously, if he claims to have 1015 tulpas. Atleast i couldn't)

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Someone with 1015 tulpas should call himself legion. (Honestly how can someone take a person seriously, if he claims to have 1015 tulpas. Atleast i couldn't)

Well, I had a theory once. Somebody told me that it is possible for a tulpa to make a tulpa without the permission of the host. So then, what if that tulpa made yet another tulpa? And then that tulpa made a tulpa or even two tulpas?

Runaway nested tulpa effect! Like a run away chain reaction of tulpa! That's how! It could happen to anyone! Eeek! By now, he is probably like 23,592 tulpas!

So then, what if that tulpa made yet another tulpa? And then that tulpa made a tulpa or even two tulpas?

Well, they wouldn't be properly fleshed out most likely. Imagine you take something, make a photocopy of it, print that out, and make a photocopy of that. In addition, one certainly wouldn't be able to have all of them speaking/interacting at once unless they are physically a supercomputer with a 100GB graphics card in their brain.

EDIT: I also used your census to get a rough estimate on the documented tulpas in the world right now. Found here.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

I have loads of dream characters (that's what I call them) in my wonderland, but I don't consider them as tulpas. I have only 10 tulpas out of the loads of characters that are there. Honestly, I can't say if the dream characters are sentient or not, but they do seem autonomous when I meet them. I figured that they would be similar to that of a character in dream, which also have the same behavior. I treat them like people though, despite that.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Guest Anonymous

My Melian is more than half a dream character herself. Really, when people try making these sorts of distinctions (tulpa verses dream persona) it always makes me feel a little sloppy or mixed up, like I don't have the proper boundaries and parameters. I can't change what Melian is to fit the conditions of a tulpa. She is what she is and has a lot of traits tulpas are not supposed to have maybe.