Tulpa community Census 2015 Results

Meten

My Melian is more than half a dream character herself. Really, when people try making these sorts of distinctions (tulpa verses dream persona) it always makes me feel a little sloppy or mixed up, like I don't have the proper boundaries and parameters. I can't change what Melian is to fit the conditions of a tulpa. She is what she is and has a lot of traits tulpas are not supposed to have maybe.

When I say dream characters, I mean that they were spontaneous and I did not put an inch of work into them. I'll admit that a few of my tulpas were dream characters. As an example, I met Cooper, one of my tulpas now, in a dream. We had a really pleasant conversation that had me thinking for days after the dream and I decided I wanted her to be here with the rest of us.

By this definition, I would consider you a tulpa, Melian, but that's just me.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for making that distinction. A tulpa can appear in dreams, but a dream character is more transitory. That makes more sense when you put it that way. :-)

Yeah, It's pretty much impossible to have over a thousand tulpas. Anything past 50 is a stretch for me to believe.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

Just considering the amount of focus and concentration and attention it takes to make one tulpa autonomous, any number that large seems very unlikely to put it mildly. I am usually pretty liberal in taking people at their word, but ... come on!

I'm glad you've done this survey, and I don't want to be too negative, but...

Please, just release the data. I somewhat appreciate Shinyuu making bar charts, but at the same time I don't think they're adding much by doing one-variable analysis. The smoothed graphs on those 5 or 10-step questions really irritate me, as does "close to a perfect bell curve". No, it's a triangular distribution that looks rounded at the top because you fit a continuous curve to something that has 5 or 10 categories, and doesn't even look remotely normal anyway.

400x400http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/pmc/section5/gifs/normal.gif[/img]400x400http://i.imgur.com/eipfPux.png[/img]

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to nitpick, but that one just hurt so much. My point is mainly that I don't feel like I'm getting much out of Shinyuu's analysis, and I'd rather they'd just give us the data and spare the pretenses. I mean, come on, a contest? Quit playing guardian of the data and let us do it ourselves.

Guest Anonymous

Waffles, my gods, you are direct and blunt aren't you? My respect for that is growing. You are like the Tulpa Info bull shit moderator.

Please, just release the data. I somewhat appreciate Shinyuu making bar charts, but at the same time I don't think they're adding much by doing one-variable analysis.

As I mentioned initially; this is not the analysis yet; I'm just visualising what I got one field at a time.

The smoothed graphs on those 5 or 10-step questions really irritate me, as does "close to a perfect bell curve". No, it's a triangular distribution

Thanks for pointing that out.

I'd rather they'd just give us the data and spare the pretenses.

The data will be released along with the part three; as I mentioned before (note: the normalised data that me and hostey spent some effort to clean up; for raw data see below).

I mean, come on, a contest? Quit playing guardian of the data and let us do it ourselves.

I am not the guardian of the data; more so; I'm not even to one who was running the census. If you have own opinions on how to analyse it; you can always ask Meten to provide you with raw source.

Is it bad that hostey managed to have a spare gift code for something that might be useful for tulpamancers and I convinced him to give it to me to gift?

I would be really helpful for any insight into statistics that you can provide and if you want to help; I'd be glad to work with you together on releasing a more interesting and detailed report.

The data will be released along with the part three; as I mentioned before (note: the normalised data that me and hostey spent some effort to clean up; for raw data see below).

Yeah, I read that. I dunno if you're holding back because it's not ready or because you wanna be a tease, though.

I am not the guardian of the data; more so; I'm not even to one who was running the census. If you have own opinions on how to analyse it; you can always ask Meten to provide you with raw source.

Well, I do, I guess, but so do many other people. I'm really asking Meten to provide everyone with the raw source.

I would be really helpful for any insight into statistics that you can provide and if you want to help; I'd be glad to work with you together on releasing a more interesting and detailed report.

Sure, I guess I could do that. I dunno, PM me or however you wanna do that.