Things to fix for the forums

Brassow

I FUCKING LOVE IT! It would be the cure for Mistgod type issues. Simply move totally off topic and bloggy crap to the Off Topic bull shit board. Lounge is about casual tulpa related stuff. It would be up to the mods to decipher what is totally off topic in some cases. It totally makes sense to me as a major solution to a lot of things. But will the admin buy that and would Pleeb think it is so great?

As long as you feel you have an insight to contribute on Tulpas, or a question exclusively related to the topic of Tulpas, then I suppose you can post it in the Lounge or General sections.

If your thread is more about you, about what you feel, your personal experiences, and adds nothing on Tulpas, on Off Topic you go.

I don't know if it will work. A sub like this it's usually regarded as a positive thing, since every single Forum has one. The only way to find out is to try it out.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Wow, lots of problems coming to light with the community in these past few weeks.

So here's a thread for suggesting ways to fix it.

My thoughts/ideas.

-We really need some more forum staff. This should be obvious.

-People need to stop being so rude to each other. If you want to criticize, do it in a civilized manner, think of how others will perceive your thoughts, and don't just respond with a picture.

-The whole point of the lounge is for off-topic conversations. Don't attack them because they live up to their names.

-People need to stop overreacting. I'll admit, I did this myself and I'll certainly make an effort to calm down in the future.

-There should not be singling out of members in new threads, leave that to PMs, others don't need to get involved with your beef.

Those are my humble thoughts. If you have any additions/suggestions, please feel free to contribute.

Brassow, my hat off to you, this was the best thread in a long, long time! I enjoyed myself immensely and learned something I can use later. You are a god!

And Lounge says "Off-topic". As in, off the topic of tulpas. The reason tulpa-stuff goes on there is that it generally doesn't fit in another section. It's not Q&A, but it's not really general discussion, it's just asking about you and your tulpas' plans for the holidays.. You know what I mean? Neither here nor there. I would say it's fine as it is, but to be completely honest going from "Tulpas & Holidays" to "Star Wars" to "Here's the plan. We kill the Mistgod." is a bit jarring. I don't know how exactly to fix that though. Lounge is just sort of the anything-goes board, but that also means people aren't as afraid to post there as they are elsewhere. Heck, my Ask thread was moved out of Q&A to Lounge because it was too off-topic, and it's literally about asking tulpas questions.

People argue that posts that feel off topic, as it is, not related to Tulpas, should not be posted on this forum.

The Lounge section as long been colonized for Tulpa related discussions, not off topic. So now if people make posts “about them” there are going to be users that think they contribute nothing to the forum’s utility.

Since the Lounge is being used as a harbor for casual chat about Tulpas, let’s create a new off topic discussion board where you legitimately can post whatever you want. People won’t complain anymore, and it will actually be more functional. I don’t think it’s very difficult to attain.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]

@ the creation of another off-topic board

I could get behind that sort of thing. Rename the current lounge to "tulpa lounge" or something similar. I don't know if that should still go under the tulpa category at that point, though. Move the forum games to whatever new off-topic board is created.

Guest Anonymous

Too strict, and you get wannabe anarchists screaming "DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM". Too loose and you get snowflakes that are triggered if they see anyone arguing with them. This thread is a prime example of what happens somewhere in the middle. And there's no way to fix it. Unless you consider driving this place to either extremity an option. As long as there are people with differing opinions, they're gonna argue.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is if we're helping people make tuppers. The forum drama can eat my dick, for all I care. Alternatively, we can delete this whole forum - effectively eliminating the problem at its root.

Guest Anonymous

sushi,

For what it is worth, I thought waffles and I were sort of on topic, but maybe not. To summarize the main thing I learned in the pages that were deleted, something that would help the forum:

1. members need to have thicker skins

-Don't over react if you happen to be insulted, it's okay, you will live. Some people may use insults to get your attention. It is rude and in my opinion, inappropriate, but it isn't the end of the world. In short, not every insult requires that you race to the mods or respond in kind.

Guest dousanmaster

One post deleted for derailing the thread. I know this is the lounge, where anything goes, but don't we already have enough threads complaining about Mistgod? Please take any complaints about this thread to the typical Mistgod threads.

"Please take any complaints about this thread to the typical Mistgod threads."

the fact there are numerous threads over this suggests a serious problem

out of curiosity, is there any moderation on this site at all? because from the amount of complaints i've seen about mistgod + his posts and the fact he hasn't had any moderation against him i'm left wondering

I'm the only active mod, and I can usually only check the site from my phone. So yeah, moderation is not what it should be. I try to focus on actual violation of actual rules rather than people being annoyed with Mistgod. For the record, Mistgod doesn't actually break many rules.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest Anonymous

I am not breaking any rules with my OP

Several forum rules are being broken by these trollish posts by dousanmaster:

No harassment of other members. Harassment is continuing potentially harmful behavior toward a member after the member has asked you to stop.

No spamming. Spamming is posting repeated unnecessary, unconstructive, meaningless messages. "Shitposting" and trolling fall under spam.

Do not backseat moderate. Backseat moderation is asking for action from or threatening action on behalf of the moderators in the official chans.

If you want to complain about what a moderator is doing, you can send a PM to the admins.

Do not repetitively cause disturbances or create drama. Everyone can get worked up sometimes, but doing it repeatedly or intentionally is not okay.