Forum debate (split from "Things to fix...")

Guest Anonymous

Well now that you mention it you stu... oh no.. hah hah.

NO I really don't see how that can be useful. Do you mean simply the shock value like a tool used to wake up a brainless rock?

Wellll, it wasn't that long ago about an hour ago that I posted a fairly long explanation of exactly why I believe that. So maybe you could read that and then get back to me.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

The Lounge should have "off-topic" deleted from its description. I too was confused at first when everyone still talked about Tulpas in the supposed casual conversation section.

Simply create a sub called "Off Topic" and specify that you can talk freely about whatever you wish. No more witch hunts.

The real question is: is this forum ready to implement a probable solution or are we just good enough at arguing over a problem? At least let’s try to resolve it.

I FUCKING LOVE IT! It would be the cure for Mistgod type issues. Simply move totally off topic and bloggy crap to the Off Topic bull shit board. Lounge is about casual tulpa related stuff. It would be up to the mods to decipher what is totally off topic in some cases. It totally makes sense to me as a major solution to a lot of things. But will the admin buy that and would Pleeb think it is so great?

Wellll, it wasn't that long ago about an hour ago that I posted a fairly long explanation of exactly why I believe that. So maybe you could read that and then get back to me.

I apparently missed that point in how you worded it. That's it I blame your diction, grammar and semantics.

I have made a decision. Waffles is the only person who is given free rights to call me any names required within Mistgod and Melian threads. I will not report it as abuse or complain about it. THIS is a special privilege waffles, as I have decided that I like you a lot. No one else gets this free power. Use it wisely.

The more I think of a reply to this post the further it slips out of my grasp. I'll get back to you.

This is how I feel about every single debate you guys have about Mistgod & the forum. I'm slowly losing what grasp I had to understanding the scenario. At this point I just don't understand what the real problem is. I never saw a problem in the first place.. Mistgod stopped being an attention whore a long time ago and, as I've linked to my post on multiple times, has been creating a relatively steady stream of productive topics.

And Lounge says "Off-topic". As in, off the topic of tulpas. The reason tulpa-stuff goes on there is that it generally doesn't fit in another section. It's not Q&A, but it's not really general discussion, it's just asking about you and your tulpas' plans for the holidays.. You know what I mean? Neither here nor there. I would say it's fine as it is, but to be completely honest going from "Tulpas & Holidays" to "Star Wars" to "Here's the plan. We kill the Mistgod." is a bit jarring. I don't know how exactly to fix that though. Lounge is just sort of the anything-goes board, but that also means people aren't as afraid to post there as they are elsewhere. Heck, my Ask thread was moved out of Q&A to Lounge because it was too off-topic, and it's literally about asking tulpas questions.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Oh god you're all still arguing. Brassow posted a few legitimate but not terribly useful suggestions and now you're doing the same thing again.

You are all showing a complete failure to live and let live. There's literally nothing wrong with the forum in my eyes except all the complaining and arguing. If you'd all stop doing that, it'd be great. It's not even a matter of Mistgod being a problem or not, or of people attacking him or not. It's a matter of you all creating problems where there shouldn't be any. I really can't stand or understand it.

Just quoting this because it's SO FUCKING RELEVANT.

Also, I like the idea of a new Off topic section.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Guest Anonymous

@Lumi

OH don't kid yourself, I do like attention Lumi. But I just don't like people thinking that is necessarily all bad. We are all seeking attention to our posts. I just write a lot and I am enthusiastic and I have like a lot of access to the internet. Oh and Melian and I are also special snowflakes, we just don't like it when people think that is wrong or like use it as a derogatory label. As I have stated in the past, "You're god damned right we are special snowflakes!" What's wrong with being special and knowing you are? LOL Irritating I know. But .... well..... so what?

Really, I think the Lounge should be pretty much for anything you want to write (unless it blatantly breaks the rules). But, that's just me.

Okay, Lumi, I think I have a response.

You're conflating "I don't see a problem" with "there is definitely no problem." CLEARLY, not everyone agrees with you. So why are you surprised that people are discussing?

Like, God, more discussion. Someone could, oh, get hurt. Nah. I get that you don't see anything wrong with the forums. I don't see much either, in broad. Actually, I was originally here to say why Brassow is wrong about what's wrong. Meta.

But, lighten up. You can have discussions about whatever. I always get really annoyed when someone says to me (and someone else), "Oh, you're still talking? xyz your discussion should have ended." No. Fuck off. We're the ones talking, here, you're the one coming in and saying that no discourse or fun is allowed. Like, the only thing wrong with the forum is all the arguing? Excuse me? Did anyone here read my justifications about why arguing is good?

No?

OK.

@Waffles Maybe if someone said something new for once I'd care. It's been "Mistgod is an egotistical attention-seeking a-hole" vs "We need him! He helps the forum! I personally like him!" since day one. As for discussion on what to actually do forum-wise, that's fine. I didn't mean "No mistgod OR forum discussion", I meant forum discussion revolving around mistgod. He posts completely self-centered stuff every once in a while, between tons of on-topic productive conversations. It's a little annoying. He does way more good than bad and the only true problem he causes is intolerance, no actual quality loss.

@Pioneer I support an "Other" board for tulpa discussion, separate from an "Off topic" board for whatever people feel the need to post on this site that isn't directly tulpa related. Either one could be called Lounge to be honest. But where do you draw the line between "What are you doing for the holidays?" and "What are you and your tulpas doing for the holidays?" That still seems a little too gray to actually implement a whole board for it, as of yet.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

No. Fuck off. We're the ones talking, here, you're the one coming in and saying that no discourse or fun is allowed. Like, the only thing wrong with the forum is all the arguing? Excuse me? Did anyone here read my justifications about why arguing is good?

Uhh. Yeah that was rude. Fuck off is rude waffles. I know you realize that but....

Did you read the part where I gave you license to be rude to me? I will take it as a badge of honor you asshole! LOL

He does way more good than bad and the only true problem he causes is intolerance, no actual quality loss.

I agree.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

[progress report]