Forum debate (split from "Things to fix...")

Guest Anonymous

I meant forum discussion revolving around mistgod

Then why did you butt in on a conversation that had nothing to do with that? Mistgod and I were talking about non-specific rudeness and anger in arguments, and had been for like two pages before you posted. It's like the Mistgod brigade was deployed to a fire that turned out to be burned toast, so they kinda hang around and offer fire safety tips for a while.

Did you read the part where I gave you license to be rude to me?

Sure. I hope you mean that more in the sense that you acknowledge my justifications for being rude, rather than appeasement so you don't have to argue against me. I dunno. I'll take you up on it anyway.

Idiot.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mist You've been a little aggro-eccentric during the later-half of the recent drama, but I stand by your actual content creation. As for whether you care about the quality of your average posts, I dunno. You've got more fluff than average. But I care more about what you bring than what you don't.

@Waffles Eh, I apparently skimmed a bad selection of the posts in this thread. I saw Yuki's post about "Guess who's back" and that you guys were having a relatively heated debate about Mistgod being rude. But you did have some actual discussion, too. Discussion mixed with the aforementioned useless banter, but discussion nonetheless. Continue.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Then why did you butt in on a conversation that had nothing to do with that? Mistgod and I were talking about non-specific rudeness and anger in arguments, and had been for like two pages before you posted. It's like the Mistgod brigade was deployed to a fire that turned out to be burned toast, so they kinda hang around and offer fire safety tips for a while.

Lumi was there for me when I needed it. And I am grateful. But I can fly on my own now I guess. Maybe. Besides, Lumi, my gods, you need the rest.

Sure. I hope you mean that more in the sense that you acknowledge my justifications for being rude, rather than appeasement so you don't have to argue against me. I dunno. I'll take you up on it anyway.

Idiot.

Hmmm, no I think you convinced me that YOU have a somewhat rational use for insults beyond just being a complete dick. So, because I recognize that, you may fire away. I will not complain about it.

@Mist You've been a little aggro-eccentric during the later-half of the recent drama, but I stand by your actual content creation. As for whether you care about the quality of your average posts, I dunno. You've got more fluff than average. But I care more about what you bring than what you don't.

Ego? Yes.

ALL of my posts have great quality value Lumi, even the fluff. What baffles me is why others are blind to that fact.

Lumi was there for me when I needed it. And I am grateful. But I can fly on my own now I guess. Maybe. Besides, Lumi, my gods, you need the rest.

I argue against what I see as wrong. In your case it's mostly others' opinions of you, but obviously I don't call you a saint. I just say your useless posts don't bother me as much as your productive posts.. unbother me? Anyway, I'm obviously just a mindless Mistgod fireman with no opinions of his own.

oh also I've been awake for 24 hours lol that rest comment was spot on

Hmmm, no I think you convinced me that YOU have a somewhat rational use for insults beyond just being a complete dick.

Waffles always has a good reason for insulting people. Yuki always has a somewhat logical reason for insulting people but goes overboard.

Sands just insults people because he thinks they learn better that way.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

You are convincing me that certain people, once they get to know me, have insult rights. Is waffles winning the argument?

I see, once again, that Mistgod has turned a promising thread into a thread about himself.

I would have liked to see him last on his new self ban, but we all knew this wasnt going to happen.

Lets face it. Any thread about trying to improve the forum is, in the end, going to turn into an argument about Mistgod. Either Mistgod is going to do it himself for attetion about how he is the greatest poster in the world in his eyes or someones going to point the finger of blame at Mistgod for the forum being a bit shitty.

Honestly, any way you look at it, Mistgod is a dividing issue for the whole forum and he is driving the community apart. This thread I feel is proof enough of that.

We are all mad here

I see, once again, that Mistgod has turned a promising thread into a thread about himself.

It seems up to debate whether it was "promising" as people were still being rude before it became Mistgod-infused.

Mistgod gave his opinion and we all know that if they speak, people are going to screech as it's the worst tragedy to ever befall mankind and tulpas alike.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

I would have liked to see him last on his new self ban, but we all knew this wasnt going to happen.

Lets face it. Any thread about trying to improve the forum is, in the end, going to turn into an argument about Mistgod. Either Mistgod is going to do it himself for attetion about how he is the greatest poster in the world in his eyes or someones going to point the finger of blame at Mistgod for the forum being a bit shitty.

Honestly, any way you look at it, Mistgod is a dividing issue for the whole forum and he is driving the community apart. This thread I feel is proof enough of that.

Thanks Jake! My you are depressing! I want to thank you for everything though. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have learned some of the useful things I learned over the past week or so. I have truly gained important insights, from this thread and from others. For one, I will never do a self ban again. You cannot self ban Mistgod. Also, I learned from waffles that not everyone's name calling is necessarily just mean spirited dickery for no reason. So, waffles has license to abuse me with impunity. I will not complain.

You do not have that privilege yet because you still do not understand that greatness that is Mistgod. I will give you more time.

It seems up to debate whether it was "promising" as people were still being rude before it became Mistgod-infused.

Mistgod gave his opinion and we all know that if they speak, people are going to screech as it's the worst tragedy to ever befall mankind and tulpas alike.

If they speak. IF. Anyone had the right to join the discussion between waffles and I. All were welcome. waffles and I talked and it was about the forum and the usefulness of aptly applied rudeness. I loved it.

Why would people complain that he and I had a long discussion on the discussion forum? Was waffles.. .gasp... attention seeking?

Guest Anonymous

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is if we're helping people make tuppers. The forum drama can eat my dick, for all I care. Alternatively, we can delete this whole forum - effectively eliminating the problem at its root.

"drama can eat my dick"

Well said.

Gods in all this Melian has been very silent. She doesn't like all the drama, believe it or not. She will start writing something soon enough.

There really wasn't much drama in this thread though. Just mostly a discussion.

*Deleted this post & picture as to not be a total douche by pointing out Yuki's total spite*

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033