Lucid Dreaming and Tulpa Forcing

Blaycon

I remember some people here mentioning lucid dreaming a while ago, at first I didn't mind it much, I had tried doing it and I've only accomplished lucid dreams a few times before I stopped trying. But now I have a few questions to those who do so:

1. Were you a lucid dreamer before having a Tulpa?

If so:

1.1.Do you use it to force?

1.2 If you do, is it helpful enough to recommend it?

1.3 If you don't use it to force, what's easier, achieve a good level in lucid dreaming or creating your Tulpa?

For those who didn't:

2.1 Did you consider it as a forcing technique or just fun time at night?

2.2 Did your Tulpa help you in some way to achieve it?

I may have too many questions, and even more may come out, but I would like to know if I should retake Lucid Dreaming. the main reason for this is that Runa and I are stuck in the vocal process, I've been trying what I find in the guides but I think it's not enough, or maybe it just takes more time for us, who knows. But I'd like to keep trying new ways and see if they work.

Those who don't do this, feel free to answer as well, I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter. :)

1. Yes, it is a regular thing for me. All my dreams are lucid to some degree at least. If things get unpleasent around me it is more likely for me to actively take actions.

1.1-1.3 No, since i would need to be fully aware that I am dreaming AND i would need keep thinking about my tulpa at the same time for this specific practice. It's unlikely and keeping the focus on one of these is hard enough. Lucid dreams tend to get less lucid as time passes, since you forget to think about it again. I'm unsure how helpful a stable connection would be, though. You could probably don't tell if it was your tulpa or some random dream stuff, before you're awake to get feedback from your tulpa.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

Yes

1.1.Do you use it to force? Depends on what you qualify as forcing.

Melian appears in my dreams and even dreams herself. I guess it is forcing. Maybe.

Not for myself really, but others might find it easier to visualize their tulpa very directly. Actually, to be honest, actual lucid dreams we find kind of boring sometimes. We much more enjoy ordinary dreams without the lucidity. Invariably the lucid dreams lack that unpredictable element that make normal dreams much more interesting. Lucid dreams are honestly way too much like being awake (day dreaming with our vivid imagination).

1.3 If you don't use it to force, what's easier, achieve a good level in lucid dreaming or creating your Tulpa?

I will answer this, as I am not sure if our dreaming together counts as "forcing" or not really. Lucid dreaming was easier I suppose because I do it naturally or have since I was a child. Melian took a long, long time to become as apparently independent as she is.

1. Well, I started actively trying to have lucid dreams before getting into tulpas. I started having only few random LD's (because my discipline is just terrible) but stopped to start tulpamancy. I'll probably get back into it soon.

1.1 - 1.3. Well there are really advantages and disadvantages to using it as a forcing method. Overall, I'd say it's not worth getting into lucid dreaming for the PURPOSE of forcing. In the beginning it can be really inconsistent and it is completely limited to only a third of the day (unless you take naps). Yes, in lucid dreams your visualization is top-notch, but it takes a long time to get there if you're just starting out. Basically, it's better to just stick to something else.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

This topic in general makes me sad.

Edit: Sorry for the non-post, scroll down for an actual one.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Were you a lucid dreamer before having a Tulpa?

I would say I was just active in dream recalling, and going through those ups and downs with burnouts, and epiphanies with lucid dreaming altogether. Looking back, I probably was able to lucid dream easily, but constrained that possibility via reality checks being the end-all be-all validator of that awareness. But I rather not try to reconcile on those what-ifs, and categorizing which ones were actually lucid.

Not really one I would utilize as an active forcing session, but more of a passive fallback to have. If it happens, it happens, but waking life endeavors that I would do seem to entail less of a challenge compared to having to sleep for a bit, doing a WBTB, and –insert LD tech here-, and hoping I would eventually get a DILD that bled into the failed WILD attempts.

I think this could tie in with the question after it.

1.3 If you don't use it to force' date=' what's easier, achieve a good level in lucid dreaming or creating your Tulpa?[/quote']

I think this is more of questioning which one is worth integrating into one’s day-to-day lifestyle while placing the other as a close second. If one cannot gain a sense of novelty of having to go through the trial-and-error with lucid dreaming, sleep scheduling, and being competent and persevering enough to recall their dreams, and even having that genuine attitude of interest for recalling it, creating their tulpa may be a more viable option to them.

I say in the sense that lucid dreaming itself can bleed into an integral part of your daily lifestyle, and the same propensity can be there with tulpas. However, the experiential learning that can be developed for anyone with lucid dreaming (e.g. reality checks, making peace with yourself, and that progressive guidepost of inspiration with what you can do) is a nice fallback to build a foundation of in making your own schemata of assessing thought-forms, in this context, dream characters.

That means of assessment seems to have bled on how I assessed tulpas, but I still feel that whatever the person does, they can still build a nice foundation of a fallback with lucid dreaming even if they took more priority with tulpas. It, lucid dreaming, is always an unrealized potential that anyone can do in their natural sleep, and come at peace with at any time they choose to make it integral while the tulpa creation, and just interacting with them may entail reconciliation with waking life endeavors.

Bridging that gap with dream and waking life seems to be a wonderful, progressive learning curve of figuring out why you should even want to make sense of all that you’ll be doing in filling in the blanks.

Fade: I'll answer.

Yes. Very limited ability with it; it takes me a while in a dream before I come to the snap realization that I'm actually asleep and can do whatever. I've always been able to go lucid, as far as I can remember. It's just not a controlled thing.

No. But the guys sometimes jump into my dreams and interact with me. If I'm not lucid yet, I don't even notice though.

I haven't done much with it myself, but it's definitely fun enough to recommend.

Making the muses was easier than advancing my lucid dreaming abilities is. Lucid dreaming is pretty uncontrolled for me, while bringing the guys to life was something I could easily focus on all the time.

A queer soulbonding system with tulpamantic influences.

I remember, at some foggy point between sleep last night, hoping that post didn't get me in trouble or something. I'll expound on that because it's pretty inappropriate on its own.

The reason this topic makes me sad is that I want to say "Yes, yes, yes" to all of your questions. But I can't. Lucid dreaming to meet my tulpas was literally my biggest goal in life for several years, and due to my issues with motivation I couldn't make it happen. So about five years later, I'm basically an expert on lucid dreaming, but my actual successes with it are minimal. I've tried to do it so many times over the years, but I've never made it past more than a week or so of recalling dreams, reality checking every time I wake up (I actually wake up between sleep cycles, so there was a point that I'd reality check ~5 times a night between sleeping), and intending to have a lucid dream before going to sleep. I've had maybe four instances of becoming lucid in a dream, the last of which I was able to create a door to my wonderland and sloppily stumble through our house to find Tewi and Reisen looking at me rather bewildered before waking up.

I don't even remember how long ago that was now.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

But you DID have some success! I think that shouldn't be a reason to be sad. I think you are finding it more difficult than you anticpated, but not impossible. I say keep trying. Remember, I have been doing this with Melian for a very, very long time.

Lumi, I have found that lucid dreaming isn't all it is cracked to be anyway. It tends to be a little dull. What is so great about ordinary dreams is how unpredictable and weird and funny they can be. My lucid dreams turn out to be repetition of the waking day dreams I do, and so not nearly as interesting in not having that unpredictable nature.

About the only thing I can say for lucid dreams is that they are interesting when you meet a dream persona. For instance, in one lucid dream, Melian and I met the "Dream Weaver." He is sort of a Bill Gates looking guy who claims to be the high architect for all of our dreams. We were not supposed to meet him as he usually hides "off stage" or "off set." He builds the settings for our dreams. He was kind of a snob though and a bit of an asshole. He bitched at us for having broken protocol and noticed him.