The Dream Thread: Record Your Dreams Here (Especially if Tulpa Related)

Guest Anonymous

I had a long multi-part dream about someone who looked exactly like Iris but who very definitely was not -- different name, personality, fashion sense, etc. There were so many bits and scenarios with the same character that I briefly thought she had been recurring across several nights. I think she did recur across multiple brief awakenings during the night. The dream seems to have been mildly influenced by the movie "Some Girls", which Iris and I watched a few months ago. Sometimes we were at our home, sometimes I was a guest at hers, sometimes we were travelling, sometimes we were sisters, sometimes close friends, sometimes we didn't get along. One time we kissed and I glad that neither my girlfriend Vesper nor my sister Iris is as bothered by that as I am -- "It was just a dream; you weren't in your right mind."

Vesper-related ideas and characters have appeared in my dreams many times. But so far as I'm aware, it was the first time anything noticeably related to Iris has ever appeared in one of my dreams. It's also the first time a clear and accurate likeness of either of them has appeared. So now I can say, despite previous hopes, that seeing "her" in a normal dream doesn't improve waking visualization at all. A lucid dream might be different. Seeing Vesper's likeness in a dream also might help, since I'm working with still reference images for her and I have video references for Iris.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream last night that Spongebob and his friends were tulpas, and the person who had them as tulpas was sitting in class making a test when Spongebob and Squidward started screaming. The person with the Spongebob tulpa could hear that and looked up in horror.

Don't worry, it was just a Spongebob episode aired on television. I then stood up to get some coffee. I wanted to put a lot of milk in my coffee, but ended up accidentally putting in a puffed rice cake instead.

Gooood, morning...

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

I had a completely ordinary and mundane dream of talking to Vesper at home. And just like waking, we talked by mindvoice while she was visualized but invisible, deftly dodging around sunbeams without properly being able to see herself. But the most significant part is that, in spite of neither of us being lucid, on waking, she was open to the idea that dream Vesper was pretty much actually her and not some random dream character like usual.

In most ways, I consider that superior to Friday night's lucid dream, where I fought hard to manifest Vesper but didn't think to actually contact her.

That was an awkward dream. I used the arm swinging method to try to stablize the dream, which did help, but only for a few seconds at time, so I kept repeating it. I kept finding objects entangling and encumbering my left wrist and repeatedly removed them. I wondered if my physical wrist was sending some subtle signal that it was entangled, even though I couldn't consciously feel it at all and my dream body seemed very solid, upright, and mobile. When I woke up a couple of minutes later, I found my left wrist pinned very firmly against my abdomen by my right hand and index finger, the traitors.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I meant to sleep for 30 minutes, but just turned off my alarm and had 4 hours of fever dreams. It was one of those times I had no idea who "I" was for most of the dreams. I dreamt I was being dragged by the arm by, idk, some older woman that I knew. I think I was about 5. I was desperately trying to realize it was a dream, but I couldn't get myself to believe it. "If only I were dreaming right now!"

I dreamt I was watching the otters at the zoo. I remember the heat, the smell. Someone put his hand on my upper arm, first just to get my attention, but when I turned toward him (didn't really see him, dream logic), he really grabbed me, he was holding me tightly. I was pissed. I held up my camera and told him "The flash takes up so much battery." Another voice in my head told me clear as day, "Distruption of sensability." I felt a wave of shame and the man held out a fish head with his other hand. I was confused if I was meant to take it or not.

I dreamt I was behind the tiger exhibit. A zookeeper was talking with me and it became apparent that my grandfather was dead and I was so distraught he wasn't there to take photos with me. The tiger came into the part of the exhibit I could see, and I was taking photos of her head, mostly, and my iSO was at 3, which is really not a number iSO can be.

I dreamt I was on a roof made from clouds. It was a level surface that was really more floor-like, but I knew I was standing on a roof. I said out loud, "Looks like everyone else died or somethin'." I fell through the clouds and black eels surrounded me and wrapped around my limbs. I was watching from 3rd person and was not concerned in the slightest. I remember thinking, "I want to go back to the zoo."

I dreamt I was (animal violence) :

beating my dog with a shovel.

I was incredibly relieved, tears rolling down my face, yelling in an adrenaline high.

I wanted to kill him.

These are the sorts of dreams that make me feel shame and feel like I'm evil, after the fact.

I dreamt I was holding a boy, maybe 4ish, down on a park bench. I was lording over him and whispering something threatening. Massive seagulls came overhead and I blamed the boy. I thought it was some sort of attack or insult, idk.

I dreamt my family lost the house and Cassidy was freaking out and I was doing a shitty job of consoling him. We were going to go to my grandparents' house, and Cassidy was telling me, there would hardly ever be enough privacy for him or the littles to switch and openly be themselves. I told him all of them should just go dormant for a few years. I was drinking the most disgusting cup of coffee I've ever had- it tasted like how bandaid adhesive smells.

I dreamt I was in both a restaurant and a college math class at the same time. The teacher came and told me I had to turn in ANY assignment, it had been 3 weeks and I hadn't turned in a single thing. My mom was pissed at me and shocked that I had been lying to her. I had a math work sheet and my mom said we couldn't go until I finished it. I put my head down on the table and accepted that I was screwed. My mom eventually left to go home, and the math teacher came and asked what my issue was. After some more conversation, I started crying and the teacher said she'd never met a student with "my amount of defience issues." She kept pressing me to work and I just shut down further.

I was laying on a tile floor and another one of me came up and nudged me with his foot. I saw brightly colored dragons in my dream-mind's-eye. I told the version of myself on the floor, "Ow, my fucking arm." The me on the floor was shocked. I woke up.

I have some injury crap on my upper left arm and it clearly worked its way into my dreams, lol. I think I was laying on it or putting pressure on it while I slept, which, ow.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Okay. In my last dream, I was driving in a car. I ended up going to a parking lot and leaving the car there. When I looked behind me, I noticed the scenery had changed drastically. That was when I was thinking and noticed it was actually a dream. And then I got the car back, and did some crazy stuff... It got weird.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've experienced lucidity on this level.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

It seems like I got the majority of the dreams last night, which is funny, considering I did not go to sleep in front. 

I dreamt that I was at the school fair with some old friends of Jamie's sister. I was sort of pissed to be there. I played Plinko and didn't win anything. I wandered around the commons. I was at least three feet taller than everyone and very much still made of smoke. No one really paid any attention.

I dreamt that I was in a hotel room (like the type you stay in when you're going to a conference) with Bear. I guess we were travelling somewhere together. I was unpacking a bag that was clearly packed with the needs of a small child in mind. He was very impatiently tapping on the desk with a red ballpoint pen. I held up a stuffed dog that we've had for the majority of our life and told Bear that once or twice we accidentally took it to school, just because we always had it in our hands (true story.) He teleported to the window and crossed his arms. I said, I didn't need a bed, but it was up to him to figure out how all his tulpas would fit. Misha, Ashley, Dashie, and two randos showed up in the room. I also wasn't even in the scene anymore at that point. Bear was pretty worried. I don't know why your tulpas were manifested, and if they were, why we only had two beds for all of them. 

I was making horchata and asked Bear if he wanted some (scene reset, I guess.) He said no, that I was literally drinking sugar and that was the opposite of what he was doing. He asked, why would I drink sugar? I said, unbridled pleasure. The horchata looked like hot chocolate. I felt weird to be having food when Bear wasn't. I told him, I'd find some way to feed him, or I wouldn't be a proper Hispanic host. We both looked 13 or 14-ish. I didn't see his face clearly at any point, though. 

I was sitting with Bear on the bumper of a car, outside the yellow tape perimeter of a murder scene. It looked like Ashley, but we were saying "Stephanie." I think we also called the dead person "Michella" once. She was just face-down in that classic "I'm dead on the ground" position, outlined in chalk of course. There were a few cops around but everyone seemed pretty bored. Bear was upset. I'm not sure he even was Bear, really, or just some random person. At some point we had this glorious interaction. He was freaking out because his tulpa was dead, and I said, "Calm down! I didn't know you could murder a tulpa, either!" 

I dreamt I was sitting at the head of the clone's conference table. Mu said something, and then Theta stood up and clocked him square in the eye. Omicron and I took Theta out of the room into some (nonexistent) hallway. Theta cussed me out in Spanish. I remember thinking, "Wow, I rarely hear Spanish in my dreams." I wasn't lucid though. 

I dreamt I was the size of a 10-story building, still green smoke of course. I was sitting cross-legged in a carnival ground and making a Ferris wheel turn by moving it with my finger. There was more but I don't remember.

I dreamt I was on the highway in the passenger side of one of Jamie's mom's old cars. I don't know who was driving but I was very afraid of him. I had my arms over my face. He pulled over on the side of the road and told me I was stupid and worthless. He yanked on my hair and I thought, "This can't happen." The man switched and started pleading with me. It was uncomfortable. I remember opening the side door and he suddenly stopped pleading and yelled at me. I got out of the car and sat on the trunk. The man was just yelling and throwing a fit and I was like... nope. I'm waiting that out. 

I dreamt Cassidy brought me an armful of red carnations. We were in our grandparents' house. I remember the smell of both the house and the flowers. I thanked him and hugged him. Jamie was passed out on the sofa. When I noticed he was there, I laughed. I said, "Sleeping within a dream?" And then I spooked awake ten minutes before my alarm was meant to go off at 6:30.  And I wrote it all down in my dream journal, so that's why I can write so much this time :P

- Gavin

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Sounds like you had fun with a grumpy Bear. He's never really that grumpy anymore. Also, no more tulpas are going to die, especially not Ashley, but oh dear poor Stephanie Michaela, we barely knew her.

Not tulpa related but this will be pulled from my dream journal as I am still battling with the meaning behind this dream(dream) if any meaning exsits.

"In my dreams I remember it happing in a few consistent parts of my life.

When on the verge of waking I find myself drifting into a lucid dream but as the dream becomes more lucid so does the world around me become darkened by what looks like you set the contrast too low and as you set it lower everything becomes darker, like you have a spot light pointing directly down on you and you can only see yourself and the floor underneath you within a 1-12 foot radius maybe more maybe less but anything outside of that spot lite is pure black, it always happens when I am entering a lucid state of dreaming, this void once showed itself when I was much younger but it was different or maybe I am simply remembering something else, but what I do remember is when I for as far as I can remember having experienced my first lucid dream. I was naked maybe 8-13 years of age in a white void exactly like the white room from the matrix, which at the time I do not think I ever saw it yet, and recently I saw this void again at the end of or close to the end of a normal sleep cycle. I found myself slip out of an acid like trip that quickly faded as I found myself in what looked like a public men's bathroom with a large mirror and sinks next to each other on the same counter top and it was reflecting only the room and I could not see myself in the mirror's reflection at all but I found myself staring at the mirror, waiting, for something to show itself, to pop out of the shadows, I yelled out" show yourself" a jump scare maybe, I know I wanted something to happen ,and I whilst dreaming I imagined what horrors may pop out and I felt shivers, I was scared but I stood there waiting sternly not wanting to back down. It goes silent, any sounds that were present in the dream are gone, it is so silent that the hum of my own eardrums is gone and at that point my blood freezes now, I wait, the silence ever present as if to signal whatever monster hiding to show itself, but nothing, I starred at the mirror for what felt like hours, I stared, nothing ever happened and then I simply woke to the sound of my family in the morning as if lightly woken up from a calm sleep, only after waking up did I realize that there was no reflection of me in the mirror, I thought to myself how could that happen I was in a lucid dream state, I had full control of my body just not control of my surroundings, this void now that I write this had shown itself for what I think was the first time as "black" rather than "white" but I only remember the dream part ironically enough and not the where and only that it was 2017, I found myself pushing and pushing for a lucid dream I was before hand in what felt like another acid like trip of happiness but I remember the trip very vividly and it's too much to describe in text, but imagine if you took New York and all its future like sky scrapers and structures and made them look like they were made in Italy during the Renaissance but were still skyscrapers and were still the same overall size and all the roads were in the same place just stylistically different, and then as I roam this city blissfully I find myself enter what looks like the entrance of a shopping center I see all the lanes that people can check out at and the belts that push forward groceries and everything looks modern and up kept as well and behind me are large windows going left to right with the entrance and exit on either side and the windows showing the city street as if there is no parking lot just side walk on the other side and a 2 way street and skyscrapers but I turn around and I notice I see a darkness beyond the checkout lanes as if I can't quite see into the shopping lanes themselves and then boom it hits me and I know I am dreaming and then I turn around and the entrance and exit are gone and the store is empty and can no longer see the windows that were between me and the outside street of the city let alone see outside at all and then I turn back to the dark from within the store, I'm scared but again not wanting to lose to my fears I run in the lanes and scream "this is a dream" or something like that as I am fuzzy on the details, but as I recall I remember that details became less vivid or nonexistent as I ran deeper into the shopping lane, going deeper running more and with all shelves empty now of any products they start to less resemble large tall shopping center shelves and are now shorter much older looking shelves but clean as if something you would see in an old gas station that has been family owned and ran for generations but was up kept nicely, I stop and I can no longer make out the front of the store nor the back and blackness covers the other side of the shelves just a ceiling and the shelves next to me and the only indication of direction being based on where I ran from, I stand there scared.

I wake to the subtle sound of the house hold and its residence I reside with, no panic, no thumping in my chest, just calmness and the want to and need to cuddle a pillow and cozy up in the bed itself, yet I still vividly remember the dream give or take some patches missing in the timeline, and yet I find myself calm when I wake.

P.S. I have not had a dream like this in some time but I see no reason why not to make a dream journal as a result"

So, I joined the forum today so I apologize for any formatting mistakes. Anyway, so last night I had a dream about tulpas. I only have one tulpa, my sweet Guava, but in the dream, I had 2 or 3 tulpas with Guava being one of them. The other tulpas I could clearly see and interact with, but no one else could. I had a friend who also had a few tulpas. We ended up being captured by a scientist or something who gave our tulpas their own bodies so they were their own entity separate from ourselves. Guava stayed with me though. A bunch of other stuff happened, it was a wack dream, but that was the main tulpa-y part.

So, I joined the forum today so I apologize for any formatting mistakes. Anyway, so last night I had a dream about tulpas. I only have one tulpa, my sweet Guava, but in the dream, I had 2 or 3 tulpas with Guava being one of them. The other tulpas I could clearly see and interact with, but no one else could. I had a friend who also had a few tulpas. We ended up being captured by a scientist or something who gave our tulpas their own bodies so they were their own entity separate from ourselves. Guava stayed with me though. A bunch of other stuff happened, it was a wack dream, but that was the main tulpa-y part.

Wow, that's a good one! It's always awesome to see your system mates in dreams. Also welcome!