Let's Discuss Video Games

Brassow

I feel "survival" games have become bastardized into glitchy "early access" games that are never properly fixed and end up buggy as hell. (DayZ and H1Z1, I'm looking at you.) a notable exception is Rust, which I had a grand time with my friends with in the Leagacy version. It's a shame for me that my favorite game genre, dystopian/ post apocalyptic games aren't that common, and tend to be overly buggy.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel "survival" games have become bastardized into glitchy "early access" games that are never properly fixed and end up buggy as hell. (DayZ and H1Z1, I'm looking at you.) a notable exception is Rust, which I had a grand time with my friends with in the Leagacy version. It's a shame for me that my favorite game genre, dystopian/ post apocalyptic games aren't that common, and tend to be overly buggy.

You're very right with this. I think ARK is also a big exception, they just need to finally optimize it. I would love some more great dystopian/ post apocalyptic or cyber steampunk games myself.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I like racing games especially Forza 3. NFSU2 was even better than that. I like open world RPG games like Skyrim and Witcher. And I like fighting and anime games, and I'm lumping those two together because most anime games I play are fighting games, like Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3. Oh yeah and Sims. Sims 4 runs the best on my laptop. Those are just my favorites and the typical games I play and buy.

my PR

my art thread

tumblr tulpa log

my DA

White will talk in this color.

No mention of the STALKER(Shadow of Chernobyl iz da best) series? If any of you fellows are into Metro 2033 or Fallout you might enjoy it. (Its a survival horror FPS with a sandbox open world, in my opinion the best game to ever have those traits together.)

Warhammer 40k: Soulstorm is also, arguably, one of the best RTS evar. Green is da best!

Oh I've played it, cheeky breeki. But it's aged a bit and has pretty bad english voice acting.

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

No mention of the STALKER(Shadow of Chernobyl iz da best) series? If any of you fellows are into Metro 2033 or Fallout you might enjoy it. (Its a survival horror FPS with a sandbox open world, in my opinion the best game to ever have those traits together.)

Warhammer 40k: Soulstorm is also, arguably, one of the best RTS evar. Green is da best!

I'm not a big fan of stalker because it is ridiculously hard. You die like instant. (I love the dark souls series, though.)

Soulstorm is a pretty classy game I enjoyed a lot, but honestly I'm more into big scale like supreme commander 1 and Sins of a Solar Empire.

Guest Anonymous

Soulstorm is a pretty classy game I enjoyed a lot, but honestly I'm more into big scale like supreme commander 1 and Sins of a Solar Empire.

You should give the Firestorm over Kaurava mod a look!

I'm on the dev team as one of the main guys responsible for balancing.

As for other games... XCOM, (modded) Skyrim, (modded) Fallout: New Vegas, CivV, GalCiv3, those are all awesome games.

My favorite game is still Sonic 3&K from 1994, and I also love the Last Stand mode in Dawn of War II.

It's the only game I played so far with Rina (as in, the latter), and she enjoyed it a lot, I think.

He plays this Hive Tyrant. It looks like an alien bug monster with a cannon and two other creatures.

She's talking about the build I used, with the Venom Cannon (Or High-Toxin Venom Cannon? One of those) and the Ravener and Tyrant Guard.

It's cute. She's all new to gaming. xD

Haa, haa.

Greets,

AG & Rina

PS: Really? People talk about hard games and mention friggin' Dork Sawlz, and not Touhou?

Dork Sawlz is to Touhou what an ant is to an elephant in terms of difficulty. (FAIR difficulty, not to mention.)

Soulstorm: Y'all need the Ultimate Apocalypse mod. It adds Titans to Soulstorm, and boy is it a sight. The tabletop game is way to hard to get into, but this? This is epic...A giant Feral Titan shooting the stupid space elve's Avatar of Khaine is a wonderful sight to behold.

Stalker: To be honest I love the difficulty of Stalker. It really does feel like a fight to survive. Its also the only game to ever make me feel legitmely scared. (Sorry Amnesia, but your monsters look adorable in their derpiness. )

Touhou: My brother is obsessed with these games, and I can see why. Dark Souls and Touhou share one thing besides grueling difficulty: A beautiful soundtrack. Seriously, the music is great. I still haven't beaten Touhou or Dark Souls yet...

EDIT: You're right about Stalker aging poorly, sadly. #StillBestSurvivalGame

Guest Anonymous

The tabletop game is way to hard to get into, but this? This is epic...A giant Feral Titan shooting the stupid space elve's Avatar of Khaine is a wonderful sight to behold.

I play the TT via Vassal, a program that has a W40k module so you can play the tabletop online.

Got two or three friends with whom I play.

Bolter Sisters need, NEED a new Codex T__T

Greets,

AG

I will look into Firestorm over Kaurava, sounds interesting at last. My fallout New Vegas is so stuffed with mods, I need to be really careful adding something, because the game may get to unstable. Touhou is cool, but i didn't had the chance to play any of these games yet. I think the Dark Souls Games feel irrationaly relaxing, and everything looks insanely beautiful. Having a bad run ist still a big let down, though :D