Let's Discuss Video Games

Brassow

I'm a casual gamer. My favorite games out of the past several months have been "Hiveswap Friendsim" and "Monster Prom". I was going to write a huge review for both but I'll spare you all and keep it short:

I recommend Hiveswap if you:

- Have even a passing interest in the Homestuck series

- Have ever been curious to learn more about Troll culture/life on Alternia

- Don't mind getting hit with "feels" from time to time

I recommend Monster Prom if you:

- Enjoyed the humor/characters in Huniepop

- Want to unwind and play something fun

- Have ever wanted to play a dating sim that includes local multiplayer

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played my favorite song on K-Shoot MANIA at really high speed and got a full combo, just to record it and share it with you guys!

[video=youtube]

also, we still need 1 more friend to complete a Special research on Pokemon Go if anyone can add us really quick (we literally just have to add and probably remove you, you don't have to do anything)

Edit: Thanks for adding us, removed our friend code (look down a few posts for why)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Anybody here ever played The Void? It's one of the most outlandish, philosophical and immersive game experiences I've ever had. I think some of you might really like it.

[video=youtube]

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Wow Lucilyn, that's amazing! O_O

Great job! And entertaining to watch! :3

thanks, I really love that song but it was already on Youtube (twice) so I felt bad uploading the vid without doing something special... no-missing it at 900 HiSpeed counts for me!

Also thanks to whoever added us on Pokemon Go! I feel really bad since you sent me a gift, but that's actually why - now I know basically exactly where you live >_<

We don't really want any random person online knowing exactly where we live, so we're not going to send you a gift back (actually probably removing you so we don't accidentally in the future, sorry/thanks and bye, N337I3! We finished the Special Research!) but you have my THANKS for being the only person in a week to actually help us with that lol

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 4 weeks later...

Got on Osu to play a few songs (K-Shoot's library is unfortunately lacking due to the infinitesimally smaller community), but we quit for so long that our Performance Points reset to zero. So I played a few more songs to reset it back to 1900, and happened to No-miss this nice song here. Despite what it initially sounds like, the song/vocals lighten up after a couple minutes in.

[video=youtube]

I know what you're thinking if you watched this - "Are you sure you played this and not Lucilyn?" Yes, I'm sure. Some things are just habit, but also...

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 2 weeks later...

[video=youtube]

A Hat In Time is great fun.. until you start playing the Death Wish contracts. Those aren't so fun. Doing them anyways though, here's one I recorded for our brother/friends. A better video exists on Youtube apparently, but I figured out how to do all this on my own. (Note: If any bird dies here, including dying to the egg bombs, I get hurt, and there's no healing)

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Since it was somewhere around my birthday today, I got some money from a friend and bought Cuphead for the Switch...

I died over 220 times according to

the face in the pond in the second isle.

But I beat Inkwell Isle One! :) I can see why the Devil’s in this game, because playing it is hell for the body’s right thumb (solely what I’ve been using to shoot, jump and parry because of how the Switch buttons are set up).

It was fun. I love it!

• 1 month later...

I bought a Nintendo Switch, the battery life is fine but currently I only bring it to the laundromat to play Death Road to Canada. Waiting on Daemon X Machina and the Link's Awakening remake, which come in September. Meanwhile, my clan recently dragged me back into Final Fantasy XIV ahead of the new expansion, and I expect that to take up most of my summer when I'm not playing Warframe with my girlfriend.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

For a while now I've had Cuphead for the Switch. Since there's just the one Inkwell Isle Three boss I'm stuck on (

Dr Kahl's Robot

), I've been practising older levels and I managed to get an A+ in

Goopy Le Grande

's fight and even a pacifist rank in

Forest Follies

Fun game, but the default controls are a bit annoying. I ended up mapping the EX shot/super moves to the ZR key and switching weapons to ZL, which makes everything feel a lot less awkward. Since the EXs/supers used to be on the A button (which is hard considering I usually need to fire, dash and jump in quick succession and their buttons are Y, X and B respectively). Adjusting the controls has made this a lot easier.