Let's Discuss Video Games

Brassow

I don't have a lot of experience with Koji Igarashi and the Castlevania games, but Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (which acts as a spiritual successor to Symphony of the Night) has been pretty fun for the 5-6 hours I've been playing it. Some of the enemy designs and background art are lame (this largely has to do with backer rewards - you see stylized paintings of people with modern haircuts as soon as you enter the castle) but the gameplay is solid and the controls are pretty tight.

Aside from that I finally got around to playing OneShot which was also pretty good.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys and your Switches without Breath of the Wild or Smash Ultimate... And soon(ish), Mario Maker 2. As far as I'm concerned these are all must-haves and a Switch without at least one of them is a sad Switch

(some would say the same for/include Mario Odyssey, but, eh, not me)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

You guys and your Switches without Breath of the Wild or Smash Ultimate... And soon(ish), Mario Maker 2. As far as I'm concerned these are all must-haves and a Switch without at least one of them is a sad Switch

(some would say the same for/include Mario Odyssey, but, eh, not me)

Actually I have both Odyssey and Smash Ultimate. I finished up to the

Darker Side

in Odyssey, and I didn't make much progress in Smash (WOL).

I don't care one way or the other for Smash Ultimate's World of Light, really. My brother played it and I did not, while I played some Spirits. But the like 10 hours I put into that is a tiny, tiny fraction of my overall playtime playing mostly against my brother. The online is.. alright, too. (Content is great, netplay and matchmaking are done poorly, still playable) And VS CPUs and other SP content is still worth getting the game for, I think. But it is best if you can at least play with friends occasionally.

I heavily prefer BotW to Odyssey, but they're very different games. Odyssey feels empty to me in a weird way, like a lot of Mario games in the last 10 or so years have felt - which is crazy since I still adore Mario 64 and it even has references to it. Also, it's obviously an amazing game, that's just how I feel personally. Breath of the Wild will forever be the definitive "Nintendo Switch" game to me, though. Just the ability to pick it up and play whenever, to climb the next mountaintop and see what's on the other side...

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Welp, just played Undertale for the first time in ages and finally defeated

the great Sans

. Presumably I don't have to point out how great of a game it is, you all already know this.

Their digital card game, Undercards, however is a lot less well-known but still amazingly designed. I'd definitely recommend trying that one out as well (it's free btw).

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

• 1 month later...

I beat Breath of the Wild's Master Mode, including the Champions' Ballad DLC, which was rather difficult. When three silver Lynels back to back (north-northwest in a large snowy valley, around the Sha Gehma shrine) are no big deal, you know the game has changed. The regenerating HP is absolutely ridiculous in a few boss fights, especially the Champions' Ballad boss (the one after you re-beat all four Blights).

Anyways, it was fun. Lucilyn helped with collecting Korok seeds and shrines a bit. Waiting for the sequel now, high hopes that it is to BotW what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I didn't finish Odyssey except for the main game, and I feel the game is either too tedious or too easy. Then again, I have yet to best the game 100%.

BotW is fun to play, but I have yet to beat that game either. I always get distracted with killing things, cooking, finding items, or side questing.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

I didn't finish Odyssey except for the main game. I have yet to best the game 100%.

Yeah, same here. Maybe I'll go back and finish Odyssey at some point, it's a pretty fun game tbh.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

• 4 weeks later...

Unexpected bump!

I made a youtube channel so I could post Osu and other fun stuff in the future.

This is my first time playing Osu fully switched in. It was honestly an interesting experience compared to just co-fronting in lots of ways. Could make a whole essay about it but essays has never been Xar's cup of tea, supposedly not mine either.

(Warning: very cranky gameploay ahead)

[video=youtube]

My favourite games would have to be Viva Piñata, Animal Crossing and Minecraft!

Scotch is pretty fond of Tomodachi Life.

Osiris likes LoL and Mortal Combat.

Luna isn't really interested in video games.

Not too active and the others don't talk very much to strangers.