Sign in to follow this  
Reisen

"Your search has been submitted" (Answered)

How come whenever we do a "Search" like clicking Today's Posts there's a buffer page in between? And I think when we post things too. It's only on this account, not Lumi's. We thought it was maybe because of logging in in an incognito tab, but we actually logged him out and us in this time and it still happens.

Not a terrible problem but I wanna know why. Is it our time logged on the forum or something?

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

+1

I wonder about that too. Well, at least I wonder if there's a way to disable this. As you said, not a terrible problem, but it just seems kinda.. useless.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Guest Anonymous

We experience that as well. There is always a buffer page.

Greets,

Rina

The shadow government is tracking your tulpamancy.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!!!!!!! *lots of laughing emojis*

~Everybody in here. (L, Vri, Fef, Beth, Miranda, Kotoura and Hades) ♠️♦️♥️♣️

It's a rather dumb MyBB feature. Whenever you use search or anything else that performs a search, it takes you to an in-between page first. I think it's because a search can sometimes take a few seconds and they wanted to hide the delay and discourage people hitting F5 a few times when it doesn't load immediately, which would only make the load on the server worse. It also effectively limits how quickly a user can perform repeated searches, again helping with server load.

And no, I don't think there's a simple way to turn it off.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Lucilyn: But see, Lumi doesn't have it on his account. We just logged into an Incognito tab on his account and he doesn't get the buffer page. Also, he's limited by the 30 seconds search limit, but only for true searches, not looking at someone's posts or today's posts. So I thought maybe it goes away once you've got enough time on the forum or something?

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense. Won't complain then.

Btw, when it comes to server load.. is someone hosting .info on a private server or renting one? And how much does this whole website even cost/year? Never really thought about that, but I'm really thankful now that someone (who even created this site) does this.

The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving.

Maja will either use name tags, [brackets] or this colour.

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense. Won't complain then.

Btw, when it comes to server load.. is someone hosting .info on a private server or renting one? And how much does this whole website even cost/year? Never really thought about that, but I'm really thankful now that someone (who even created this site) does this.

Pleeb nearly went bankrupt when first setting up servers for this place. Had to donate a few times just to make sure the site stayed up.

Dont know how things are now days. I know Pleebs finally back on his feet.

We are all mad here

Lucilyn: But see, Lumi doesn't have it on his account. We just logged into an Incognito tab on his account and he doesn't get the buffer page. Also, he's limited by the 30 seconds search limit, but only for true searches, not looking at someone's posts or today's posts. So I thought maybe it goes away once you've got enough time on the forum or something?

Huh... Are the two of you by any chance on different themes?

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)