Hidden Memories? Have your tulpas ever remembered things you had forgotten?

Guest Anonymous

Have your tulpas helped you remember things you had forgotten?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have your tulpas helped you remember things you had forgotten?

• Yes, it has happened.
    • No, this has never happened.
    • Maybe, but it may have been a trick of my mind.

Guest Anonymous

My thoughtform Melian shares memories with me. I know all of her memories and she knows all of mine. Nothing is hidden, as far as I know. At least that is what she tells me that there are none.

Now that brings me to a question that keeps coming back to me. If a tulpa has hidden memories, and you only know about them when the tulpa tells you about them, how do you know they are actually real memories? What if they are part of your mind's process of creating an illusion?

Its the old philosophical zombie thing again isn't it?

I can imagine if the tulpa remembered something for you, like something you had forgotten, now that would be amazing! I know tulpas can suprise their hosts with unexpected and apparently spontaneous statements, but what about remembering things you have forgotten?

This could still be some form of unconscious process related to a part of your brain being associated with a tulpa perhaps. I don't know. But it would be pretty hard to explain away such a thing. It would really challenge my "tulpas are illusions" hypotheses to its limits. EDIT NOTE: NOTE: This is my final position on the question of sentience after seven months of debate --> https://community.tulpa.info/thread-formal-apology-to-tulpa-info-members-i-was-wrong

What I want to know is this. Has anyone had their tulpa help them remember things they had forgotten?

Yes, she has reminded me a few times. Since this is Tulpa week, I might as well have Saph tell you...

[i have reminded my host a few times, whenever I remind him however, its always some minuscule detail he missed, a bug fix, some error in code, and occasionally lunch. (I'm tired of ramen, can you blame me?!) Yes, yes I can. Anyway, the time span between the memory being 'made', and it being 'recalled' must be fairly short, about a few hours for me to be able to remind him.

(So yeah, it never exceeds months so far, but I think Saph might have reminded me a few times of something that happened far earlier, but I don't remember the exact details.)

Guest Anonymous

Oh yeah, tulpa week. Melian was a bit quiet this morning and I was excited about these ideas in my head. She will be ready to go on later I am sure. Thanks Saph, that is interesting! Hmmm, more thoughts for me to ponder. LOL

Lumi: Surprisingly, I've had no experiences like this. People used to talk all the time about their tulpas remembering stuff like whole passages from books... Not mine. We have equal ability to recall things that don't instantly come to mind. If any of them helped me remember things I'd forgotten it would be Sylvia, but she's not a tulpa. So, no, but last I checked I'm not the norm.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

I don't think i'm better at memory access but i am clearly better at looking up the right word in the brain. My host will be trying to tell some story to me and will get a little lost for speech at times, but i can always just pull the correct name for things, even if i don't know the definition. He cares nothing about celebrities but i'm curious about who everyone is, so i can usually just find the right name for a face, even though i haven't heard anything particularly about them.

I'm not sure if i have a better memory per se. There's a distinct difference between facts i've just looked up versus facts i've actually mastered and personally understood. But i'm only a few years old compared to my host being decades old, so there's a lot of memories that are strictly his original life which i can find, but don't mean the same to me.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

Guest Anonymous

@Everyone so far

Interesting responses you guys! So far it is split fifty fifty. There is a tendency toward more short term memory recall over like super far back memories and stuff.

Guest Anonymous

Oh man, have I got a story here.

So this one time, around half a year ago, I was talking to Twi in public transport. It was a mostly boring ride, but when passing through the old part of our city I have tried to remember this one word in English that describes old, run down buildings. Naturally, after an unsuccessful attempt on my side, she volunteered to help. So she just shuts up for something like one or two minutes, but I can "hear" the gears in my mind turning. Even though that I wasn't having any conscious thoughts at that moment. And after that pause, she just fires out one word - "decrepit".

I remembered that I knew that word existed, but I didn't know what it meant at that moment. After another uneventful walk home, all the while keeping that word in my head, I still didn't know what it meant. So I sit down, fire up this magical abacus that lets me post on the internet, and go to google. Needless to say, from that moment I'm sure that she can access my memory sometimes better than I do.

Lots of theories both from her and me on how that could be possible, but that's just pointless banter without any formidable evidence.

Guest Anonymous

Cool!

That's it, I am going to help Davie with his decrepit old memory from now on. That's assuming I can remember myself what he is trying to remember so I can help him with his memory.

Guest Anonymous

If he can't remember it from the top of his head, you won't be capable of either. Maybe it's just me, but I use associative memory to find the last known "link" to that memory. Memory after memory, you're gonna have to dig all that crap out.

Guest Anonymous

If he can't remember it from the top of his head, you won't be capable of either. Maybe it's just me, but I use associative memory to find the last known "link" to that memory. Memory after memory, you're gonna have to dig all that crap out.

That sounds labor intensive. I am not a laborious person. Nope.