Are Tulpas Real Sentience? (2015 poll)

Guest Anonymous

Are tulpas real sentience?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are tulpas real sentience?

• Yes. Tulpas are independently sentient minds.
    • No, tulpas are illusory apparent sentience and a trick of the mind or a figment.
    • I am not sure yet.

I have a firm belief that it is imaginary sentience. Though, it doesn't really matter to me whether it's imaginary or not if they seem real. I haven't really experienced much with my tulpa, so this can still change. Who knows, maybe I've just been parroting and lying to myself all along? Not something I have or want to worry about.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Maybe we are all parroting and lying to ourselves. Really, it is irrelevant in the end as tulpas are subjective reality if the host really believes in them. Now how many people will freak out if I start talking about subjective reality over tangible reality? I have never gone there yet except with some stuff about pseudo-reality.

Koharu was with me for several months and at first I would have said "no", but as she got 'older' and more developed, my own opinion changed fairly quickly. While I hope she comes back some day (even for a visit) I respect her decision to leave to give me and my fiance 'space'.

Me: Hey, say something for this thread!

Koharu: Yay, cupcakes!

mfw there are no cupcakes. Sentience? Yes. Brilliance? Ehh...

Tulpas are only as sentient as their host's confidence towards them, so it varies from person to person.

Dreamer Boy-AKA-Wolf: I am obsessed with jellyfish and the unknown, and if given a can of monster I may cause the end of the known universe.

Baron: I am Wolf's Tulpa brother, and am quite awesome at parkour! I require large amounts of pancakes or I'll explode....

Guest Anonymous

Maybe we are all parroting and lying to ourselves. Really, it is irrelevant in the end as tulpas are subjective reality if the host really believes in them.

Yeah, from a practical point of view, it doesn't matter.

But, and Rina can correct me on this later if I'm wrong (woke up just recently and can't hear her well*), it seems to me that at least she** doesn't really... "take it well" when she's seen as or called something "lesser" than a normal human.

Which is sort of understandable, I feel.

I mean, like, it is a pretty personal thing for any one tupper in question.

Greets,

AG

* I just asked her "Is this true?" for now, and I'm preeetty sure she said "yes".

** Can't and don't wanna speak for other tuppers here since I didn't ask them, that's why I emphasized "she".

Guest Anonymous

It is like comparing peas to apples and trying to decide which is better. Tulpas and humans are two different species. I don't think of tulpas as lesser, just products of imagination. Like I have said, dozens and dozens and dozens of times on this forum, over and over again, I value things that are imaginary just as much as real world things. Imaginary things are just as significant and as important as real things.

I think that is where the fundamental misunderstanding and misinterpretations of me come from when it comes to some members. When I say tulpas are imaginary, I don't mean unimportant, insignificant or worthless. It's is like saying a zebra has stripes. It is a descriptor. Tulpas are imaginary because they are imagined. It is not an insult, it is a just a fact.

I think that is where the fundamental misunderstanding and misinterpretations of me come from when it comes to some members. When I say tulpas are imaginary, I don't mean unimportant, insignificant or worthless. It's is like saying a zebra has stripes. It is a descriptor. Tulpas are imaginary because they are imagined. It is not an insult, it is a just a fact.

You're a bit mistaking i think, but still right. It depends on how you perceive the word imaginary. If you define it as simple being part of your mind in opposite of being part of the "meatspace" you're right. If you go with a traditional definition, the way it is naturally perceived, you simply imply that something is less real. Of course is this problematic for hosts and tulpas. Folks like us already needs to handle doubt on a lot of matters already, taking "a leap of faith" to beware us from getting insane.

Theoretically it surely is "enough" to perceive something as real enough for yourself, keep it important for yourself no matter what other people say. But it ain't that easy after all. No tulpa is going to be happy with the message "You're just part of my mind. You're not real."

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

I have always said tulpas are "pseudo-real" and what I mean by that is that they are subjectively real to the host. They are not tangibly real. Saying a tulpa is absolutely real is very illogical to me, as they had to be made up or visualized into existence. Melian is very happy with being told she is not real, because she understands at a fundamental level, what I mean by that. She doesn't like it when I say she is "make believe" for some reason, which is silly because it is the same thing as "imaginary" really. Tulpas exist because we made them and we believe in them = make believe.

I have always said tulpas are "pseudo-real" and what I mean by that is that they are subjectively real to the host. They are not tangibly real. Saying a tulpa is absolutely real is very illogical to me, as they had to be made up or visualized into existence. Melian is very happy with being told she is not real, because she understands at a fundamental level, what I mean by that. She doesn't like it when I say she is "make believe" for some reason, which is silly because it is the same thing as "imaginary" really. Tulpas exist because we made them and we believe in them = make believe.

Yeah, I'm pretty aware of that. So i wouldn't take it as offense. Reality is pretty much what is perceived and acknowleged by majority, instead of things that are perceived by single persons. Conclusion? If you say something is not real in a objective way, people will perceive it as not real, so what they perceive for themself must be logically not real. They don't take a step inbetween so they get offended. You basically put the whole tupperhood in a box like schroedingers cat. It is a black and white thinking, really. About "make believe" - it is technically the same, BUT people will link it easier to "just made up" and therefore "lying". So i think imagined is the more value free term.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

That's where I take a drastic departure from most tulpamancers. I don't emphasize or barely recognize the negative value placed on certain terminology. Such terminology is actually quite accurate.