Are Tulpas Real Sentience? (2015 poll)

Guest Anonymous

Are tulpas real sentience?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are tulpas real sentience?

• Yes. Tulpas are independently sentient minds.
    • No, tulpas are illusory apparent sentience and a trick of the mind or a figment.
    • I am not sure yet.

Guest Anonymous

There was an old poll for the opinion of members on the question of tulpa sentience from 2013: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-are-tulpa-real-honestly It is outdated and it isn't a very well written poll anyway.

I would like to poll the membership again on this issue. I already know most members regard tulpas as real (true independent sentient minds). What I am wondering is how many members feel the opposite, that tulpas are illusory or apparent sentience only (a trick of the mind).

So the poll question: Are tulpas real sentience?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Tri] We say that tulpas are sentient in as much as hosts are sentient. We think that if either of them is controlling the body in full, they are probably sentient. Now, when they are inside, maybe they are sentient or maybe they aren't (but we think this is so for both tulpas and hosts when they are inside).

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

Dunno about any other tupper, but Esterina sure seems as real as a person can be to me.

She's the most reliable piece of sentient tupperware that I've ever had the pleasure of storing my dairy in.

And, since I just woke up and can't hear her well yet, I'll just assume she said it, and I'll just say it in her name:

"I hate you. :)"

Greets,

AG

This is always an unstable topic for us. We're constantly going back and forth on this, but the only thing we can seem to agree on is this: it SEEMS that tulpas are sentient minds. I appear to be entirely sentient, have my own feelings, and appear to be very real. Does that make me real?

Well fuck if I know

It's something we frequently ponder. But I don't know if the day will ever come that we'll truly know for sure. We have such a little understanding how to verify my own sentience, let alone his. It's just all based on faith I feel.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

Guest Anonymous

I'm actually beginning to form my own theory here... since I'm really beginning to notice a pattern, both among young and old, fresh and senior forum members.

If I had to name it, I'd call it "Responsive Sentience Theory"... maybe I'll post a topic about it.

To get some opinions. I think there really might be some value and truth to it, depending on how you look at it.

Now you got me curious.

You'll have to wait and see when I open a topic about it.

Greets,

AG & Rina

Guest Anonymous

So far 61% believe tulpas are real sentience, the other 39% don't believe tulpas are real sentience or are not sure yet. This is interesting because, so far, it pretty much follows the earlier poll, or close to it. I wonder if there is a trend for tulpamancers to become more certain and confident on the question of sentience over time? That would be another study.