jean-luc

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... Okay then.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Oh my god thats amazing! Relevabt star trek quote, and pausing for me to take a breatk xD.

Also I play tetris too much, I immediately started figuring out where the best place to put the tetronimos would be.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I'm pretty sure my grandma thinks I'm mental now. I shouldn't have laughed that much.

I rate this 10 out of yes. Keep FLBTLTBTBTBTBTLBTing.

I'm SomethingDire, and Céleste is my partner in crime.

• 1 month later...

Huh, I forgot about the FLBTLTBTing. I completely forgot to didn't have the chance to check the thread when I recorded this.

Undismisable Notification Frustration 1hr 4min

Download: OGG or MP3

Not really related to the episode:

Also apparently the hosting service I'm using imposes a limit on the number of requests(which is completely reasonable), and having the posts per page set to 100 and incidentally refreshing multiple times to make sure the post worked right, and because firefox automatically tries to load metadata from files that are in the tag and because retrieving the length of the sound requires actually requesting the file itself, I have gone over the limit and I am worried others might as well, so all of the audio tags except for the most recent episode will be in [hidden] tags, assuming I remember.

Turns out [hidden] tags don't actually work (browser still tries to load the file), so I had to just change it to download links sorry. This one is still an audio tag tho.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

For those of you who tried to play the cast and noticed it didn't work, it should work now. I fucked up.... again.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who tried to play the cast and noticed it didn't work, it should work now. I fucked up.... again.

Also Broken OP link is Broken... JSYK...

EDIT: every episode except... your most recent one... Wow...

Why Not YouTube?! I don't even...! Like... What...?!

XD

I took interest in ponies because humans are stupid.

Also Broken OP link is Broken... JSYK...

EDIT: every episode except... your most recent one... Wow...

At least I'm good at fucking up? XD It's fixed now, sorry!

Why Not YouTube?! I don't even...! Like... What...?!

XD

Alright so somebody requested a tulpaudcast youtube, so I went through a few hoops (created 500 google- profiles automatically ofc), had to verify my phone 3 times (same phone, same process, 3 different codes.). Tried setting the avatar to the tulpaudcast logo, and then the g- page had the logo (in a cropped circle which made it look horrible) but the youtube page didn't, but apparently I just had to wait 8 hours, now it works. So finally I get to the point where I'm uploading the video, and it gets stuck at 95% processing. I google this, and apparently it's a very common problem with no solution because youtube fucking hates its users. (see attached)

So anyway, it gives me a url, and if you go to it right now it tells you "hey we're busy processing this video check back later" so if you have some modicum of hope left you can check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wenP7DYqQ8 and see if it eventually comes up, one of the videos on the stuck at 95% thing said it can take up to 48hrs

The channel link is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUnzDMbAxegl80dQZM_QxlQ but no garuntees about any episodes being posted there ever due to the above mentioned difficulties.\

By the way, I just went with the logo for the visuals, at least for now.

And you know what's funny? I thought I was crazy using s3 to host the podcast (file hosting service amazon does), and that it would take forever. Nay, since I already had a VPS with them they already had my billing info, and they're web interface is nice such that it took me like 10 minutes to go from the idea to having a public link. Youtube? 2 hours sunk in already and not done yet.

F

uc

k Youtube.

So hard.

In the ass

With a spiky mace

Such that it causes bleeding

And death

Slow, horrible, screaming death.

And then put a copyright claim on it.

Is that your blood? That's my blood. Doc, I wanna sell you my blood that my friend here just bled out for me.

Normally, I'd go through whatever bullshit process they have for appealing, but at this point just nah.

Those of you who wanted a youtube channel, why did you want it? Would an email list be good? That should be pretty easy to setup.

but how is youtube even still in business? Can you imagine if dropbox made it extremely hard to upload files? If gmail made it really hard to recieve email? If you couldn't play games on steam? If it was really hard to buy items from amazon?

Not just no, but hell no.

Not to mention their more recent #WTFU:

God, the irony in posting a youtube link for that, and moreover that they uploaded it to youtube, is mindboggling.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished the first episode, but I'll say I laughed like hell, and I'm going to listening to the rest of them!

Khronos, a small Elf, and another friend. 

• 3 weeks later...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP Safety Crosswalks 3 minutes, 7 seconds

[audio ogg=https://s3.amazonaws.com/tulpaudcast/jlw/jlw-017.ogg" mpeg="https://s3.amazonaws.com/tulpaudcast/jlw/jlw-017.mp3]