Hidden within hidden

jean-luc

Can you make nested hidden tags work? Currently it looks like this

[hidden]Oh boy, nesting: [hidden]Oh dear, my code is showing[/hidden][/hidden]

:(

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

I guess they could find a way, but why bother? I mean, what would it be needed for?

"Try to get a better understanding of things before making your judgement." -Khan, Metro 2033

Guest Anonymous

Only jean-luc would find reason to ask such a question. Oh what is he up to now?

I guess they could find a way, but why bother? I mean, what would it be needed for?

Because I use hidden tags in some of the release posts for JLW and I want to emulate what I did with Tulpaudcast's OP with each episode in it's own hidden tag. To do this, I'd need hidden within hidden capability.

Only jean-luc would find reason to ask such a question. Oh what is he up to now?

LOL. You know me too well.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

Hidden words within hidden words.

Next he will be talking about nested tulpas, like a tulpa hidden within your tulpa. Like your tulpa talks to his own tulpa but you, as the host, have no knowledge of their conversations.

Nested secret tulpas. My gods, could it be happening!

MELIAN!

what?

I don't think it's possible (or at least very feasible) with the tools provided by MyBB's custom MyCode feature. It gives me 2 fields: a regex it will match and what to replace with. It calls preg_replace for each custom MyCode I define.

Problem 1: If I use a greedy repeat inside it, [hidden]1[/hidden] [hidden]2[/hidden] will turn into a single hidden. If I use a non-greedy repeat, I get what it does now -- closing the outer one with the closing tag for the inner one. This can probably be solved with some clever messy regex inside it.

Problem 2: Even if I could get that part to work, MyBB doesn't call preg_replace multiple times per custom MyCode, so it will only evaluate the outermost one. I guess if I put 5 identical copies of the custom tag, it would support up to 5 levels of nesting.

What it looks like right now is:

Regex:

\[hidden\](.*?)\[\/hidden\]

Replacement:

[HIDDEN] <-- Click to show/hide hidden text$1(close hidden text)

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest Anonymous

These guys are gonna blow up the forum with dangerously volatile coding.

Aww, man! There's some technical way to say it, but you can't parse html (or tags very similar to html such as bbcode) with regexs. It's silly that MyBB does it that way.