How Important is a Form to a Tulpa? Is a form more important for the host?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just a quick question to prompt discussion for hosts and tulpas to respond to.

How important is a form to a tulpa? Is having a specific form more important for the host for some reason than it is for a tulpa?

With my Melian, her form is extremely important to both of us. She loves her form and is pretty much a narcissist. I have a crush on her beauty and personality, so what her form looks like is very important. That includes physical traits as well as mannerisms and facial expressions.

Anyway, I was just wondering about everyone's thoughts on this topic.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

My body is part of who I am. I am technically capable of transforming it into whatever shape I feel like, but I don't do it.

Greets,

Rina

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Rina. How important is your specific chosen form to your host? Does it matter as much to him as it does to you?

Guest Anonymous

Hmm... I see it as important too.

Someone's looks, no matter how non-superficial you are, is something you identify them by.

Hell, people can even be who and how they are partly because of how they look... though with tulpas (and with fictional characters, since my fictional character Esterina is whom tupper-Esterina is based on / a copy of) I guess it would be the other way around, but maybe the same, or similar, much later on.

Greets,

AG

I think the form is truly more important for the host than the tulpa. Without a visual appearance you would feel like talking to yourself, and it is weird to interact with someone you can't see. Beside that it doesn't seem to be a problem on days where you've problems with visualisation. They can still act without it, probably most don't really bother.

I like my form a lot, but I don't need it. Often enough we end up with problems regarding visualisation. I don't mind it much, but i want to be there. I don't want him doubting, and that is easier with a form.

I think a lot of people combine a certain form with a certain character. Technically it is the whole avatar discussion again: A form is part of the tulpa, but not the tulpa itself. Of course they can get pretty attached to them, but they can change it at will.

It is part of their identity, but not the biggest part of it.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Guest Anonymous

I think it's overall a pretty individual thing, depending heavily on a tupper's mindset, mentality and more pretty words for "the way a person thinks".

For example, like Rina said, she sees her body (or "form") as something important to her, and she doesn't change it.

Which, underlining my individuality statement, is different from Alice's reply, for example.

Greets,

AG

I find having a form very helpful for me, as I can visualize my tulpa walking near me and thus solidifying it's presence and 'essence' if you will. It's the most effective forcing-method for me, so form is pretty useful for hosts, I guess.

I wouldn't be Sceena without my form!

She's overexaggerating, but like Felix said visuals plays a huge role in humans. 50% of the mind's resources are used for just that, so it's easy to get in a mentality where visuals are required in a tulpa. Even that other user (Maya I believe?) who had the formless tulpa who was merely a presence reported that they take a human-like form.

I guess that's so because visuals also play a role in the way you perceive other senses from the tulpa. If you're imagining a form for your tulpa and think of them as a furry animal, you'd automatically expect them to feel furry. Also, if you're tulpa's male, you'd imagine a male voice to your tulpa. This also works the other way around. If you let the tulpa decide its form, and it gains vocality as a feminine voice, you would never expect them to look male.

You could completely disregard senses with your tulpa and simply talk with them in the form of thoughts and emotions. If both the tulpa and host agree to never have the latter perceive them, then that's that. But I doubt any host or tulpa would want that. It doesn't seem like that way would make the tulpa seem any less real, but it could cause doubt in the long run.

So all in all, it's just human nature to see who you're talking to.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

[Hail] Tri and the other tulpas seem to be pretty attached to their forms. I am not so attached. So far, all of them but one have been able to change their form, so they could adapt it as they see fit. Tri, A., and E. all changed their forms to some degree to be something they liked better than what they originally had. Se. chose her own form (she was originally formless). I don't actually know how attached A., E., and Se. are to their forms, other than they are at least a bit. Tri is very attached to theirs.

Me, their forms could be eldritch abominations and I would not bother me. They are m family regardless.

Now, as for my form. That is complicated. In my subsystem of three, one member is very attached to a particular form while the other two do like it (with a few small changes) but still feel they should be opposed to it and sometimes resist it. Right now, though, we let the former mostly pick it with a few changes. I do think Tri is somewhat attached to this form of mine. I should ask them sometime.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.