Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

How Important is a Form to a Tulpa? Is a form more important for the host?

I'd say the form is more important for the host in the early stages. Sure, the tulpa might enjoy the form they have or have some kind of attachment at first, but in my opinion the form helps develop the essence of the tulpa, or the feeling that they exist as "something". The form just seems to be a vessel so to speak for the personality, consciousness, and presence to be channeled into. It can act as a reference point or a reminder for the host to remember all the aspects of the tulpa, even if it's just a ball of light or some kind of overly simplistic form. But overall I think it's more for the host in the early stages. For a more developed tulpa/thoughtform, I'd imagine it really is more of a personal thing rather than a matter of importance.

I'm IBreakGames, a genuine dude.

We gave up on using different colors for each of us, so there's Al, Ollie, and Eva. We're all rabbits, get over it.

From my own perspective:

The importance of form and identity has been coming up a lot lately for me and mine. I cannot lie and say that I didn't have some attachment to the form Midori was designed with, and the sort of form it was. I wasn't upset when she opted to change, and kept doing so (I believe she's on her 6th form now), though. I have noticed that she always stayed as a young girl, often from a set of designs I had made prior to knowing about the phenomenon. The reasons for this is a remark I made early on in the creation process, and she's taken it as a promise of sorts, to remember it, even and especially when I insist it is okay for her to change/grow-up.

Another thing about form comes when dealing with girls who were inspired on fictional properties. I'm conscious that they are not the same person as their inspiration, but there is a strong link between them and that show/comic/etc. Seeing their source brings them to mind, and the way I remember them tends to relate to that form, and many seem reluctant to change it completely.

From what I've understood of their perspective, having a solid form and identity is important to them. It gives them an anchor to their existence they would not have otherwise. This is speaking of more recent emergences, who had far less time and focus given them in comparison to Midori, Ellenore, Kellogg, etc. Arale spoke of this, which I posted in a recent entry of my PR, saying that without her identity, she would return to being nothing above a stray thought of emotion.

I may go and speak to some of my girls and post their perspective later.

Peace.

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace

We often joke about making her take on silly forms or what not, but it is what it is. Tulpa prefers to keep the form I gave them to begin with, both out of sentimental value and since it is familiar to me already, it would be less "alien" than where it choose its natural form.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Dimitrov can't change for the life of him. Bloke claims that he wouldn't mind "a cute young form"... but the old man will always be the old man.

Blak has a talent for that stuff.

Ah, I'm too tired. I only came here to help.

« — Va, je ne te hais point ! »

Guest Anonymous

Now, a while later, I can only say that my initial statement about it holds true even more. My form, which is a weird word, is part of who I am. I wouldn't feel like myself if I looked any different.

Guest Anonymous

Now, a while later, I can only say that my initial statement about it holds true even more. My form, which is a weird word, is part of who I am. I wouldn't feel like myself if I looked any different.

I am the same. My form is me in that it is a critical part of my personality and self identity.

I rely on my form for part of my sense of identity, ie I'm afraid of how I would be seen without it. I am serious and efficient and all that, but I also want to be fun and to make people happy. The form I identify with, and what Lumi sees in it and correlates with me, helps me work towards that goal. I think I would feel rather unfulfilled with a more bland (say, a normal physical human) form, because I'd have lost my primary connection to what I want to be.

Important to me, yes. Who I actually am? Not necessarily. I don't think I would be not-me without my form. But, aren't somebody's hopes and dreams part of who they are, too?

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

"In my early days, from 2014 through most of 2015, form didn't really mean much to me. Me and my host used to watch a lot of anime, and I'd just pick out forms I liked, as if they were outfits. Time went by and as I matured I realized that I wanted a form that I could identify with. Eventually I just made my own, because I wanted my own, original form. Form is important to both of us now, as having a form that means 'Hybris' and nothing else is convenient for our relationship."